Fidelity Investments

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The initial screening was with HR to ask about current job and related information. The second interview was a phone interview with management. The third interview was in-person where you had three different 30-minute interviews with different department managers. They really all just asked questions related to the resume and past jobs, and would wonder off topic to try to find out your personality. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Questions
  • The questions all seemed to be relatively easy and related to prior experience/knowledge.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation. It was either accept the offer or not. My advice would be to not reveal your current salary. And make sure to make your desired salary higher than what you really want. They do not give good raises and you will be stuck at that salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

First: A 15 minute phone screen with HR. She asked technical questions that she did not understand but I matched the answers she had in front of her so I was asked to come in for in-person interview.

Second: Three one-on-one half-hour interviews with various software team members. Interviewers were nice but incompetent. Two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. The technical interview was with someone who spoke English as a secondary language, and he simply went down a list of programming languages and terms and asked if I had heard of them. When I tried to define terms he would interrupt--he literally just wanted yes or no answers as to whether I was familiar with things. My honesty probably hurt me because I could have told him I knew everything he was asking instead of telling him I had not worked with Oracle, triggers, etc.

A few days after the interview HR called and said they had no openings for QA. It would have hurt less if they had been honest and said I failed the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between String and Stringbuilder in Java. (Phone screen question)   View Answer
    • Can a Java class implement multiple interfaces? (Phone screen question)   View Answers (2)
    • Difference between int and Integer in Java. (Phone screen question)   View Answer
    • Have you ever worked with (fill in random programming language or term)? (In-person question)   View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

I applied through the college recruiting program at my school. The interview is pretty comprehensive. You receive a phone call abut a week or two before the on-site interview to ask any questions. Then there is a informational session the night before to learn a bit more about the company. On the day of the interview, your day lasts about 3-4 hours with the HR reps and a senior manager(s) and consists of two behavioral interviews and one technical.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't any "trick" questions. Normal behavioral questions with STAR format (i.e "tell me about a time....") and technical questions involved SQL and object-case diagrams.   View Answer
    no negotiation needed :)

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds and was completed in 1 day.First was a written aptitude round( Quantitative Aptitude+Logical Reasoning+Verbal Ability) followed by a behavioral(kind of a HR round) and a technical round(As i am an ece student, interviewer dint go very deep into coding, simple conceptual questions on oops concepts were asked).Finally, the process ended with a HR Round. Interviewers were friendly and helpful throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

aptitude test followed by three rounds of one on one interview ie. technical round , behavioral round and manegerial round . Technical was mostly on dbms and oops . behavioral was us answering how would i react to certain situations like working in a team , stress control etc. and finally it was my introduction to the hr , my family background , and y future plans and very general questions .

Interview Questions
    • Did you try to influence your friends and convince them to change the way they live ?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

First round consisted of an Aptitude Test having 3 sections- Quants(25), Logical Reasoning(20) and Verbals(18). You had to chose the post you were applying for out of Quality Assurance, Software Developer and Techincal and Infrastructure Engineering.

Out of 275 candidates, 50 were chosen for the next round.
    Second round was Technical and HR interviews. Both were CV based.

Selected candidates had another HR/Stress interview.
    Overall 15 candidates got placed.

Interview Questions
    • The Interviewer kept asking questions about Java and Unix systems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through College and there were 4 rounds in total. The first was aptitude, which consisted of 60 questions. It was pretty basic and i got through. The following three rounds were, Behavioral, Technical and then HR. Behavioral : there were some personal questions and then in technical just questions related to testing. The HR was very friendly and just asked things as per my resume.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2012.

Phone interview and then 1:1 interview with VP, hiring manager, and technical manager. Each interview took 30 min. The managerial and VP interviews are behavioral and concentrate on how the person will fit into the team and whether the team will be able to work well together. The technical interview was about SQL and going over your resume.

Interview Questions
    The offer is the offer either you are going to take the job or leave it