Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – The initial screening was with HR to ask about current job and related information. The second interview was a phone interview with management. The third interview was in-person where you had three different 30-minute interviews with different department managers. They really all just asked questions related to the resume and past jobs, and would wonder off topic to try to find out your personality. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Interview Question – The questions all seemed to be relatively easy and related to prior experience/knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was either accept the offer or not. My advice would be to not reveal your current salary. And make sure to make your desired salary higher than what you really want. They do not give good raises and you will be stuck at that salary.

Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – First: A 15 minute phone screen with HR. She asked technical questions that she did not understand but I matched the answers she had in front of her so I was asked to come in for in-person interview.

Second: Three one-on-one half-hour interviews with various software team members. Interviewers were nice but incompetent. Two behavioral interviews and one technical interview. The technical interview was with someone who spoke English as a secondary language, and he simply went down a list of programming languages and terms and asked if I had heard of them. When I tried to define terms he would interrupt--he literally just wanted yes or no answers as to whether I was familiar with things. My honesty probably hurt me because I could have told him I knew everything he was asking instead of telling him I had not worked with Oracle, triggers, etc.

A few days after the interview HR called and said they had no openings for QA. It would have hurt less if they had been honest and said I failed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between String and Stringbuilder in Java. (Phone screen question)   Answer Question
  • Can a Java class implement multiple interfaces? (Phone screen question)   View Answer
  • Difference between int and Integer in Java. (Phone screen question)   Answer Question
  • Have you ever worked with (fill in random programming language or term)? (In-person question)   View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the college recruiting program at my school. The interview is pretty comprehensive. You receive a phone call abut a week or two before the on-site interview to ask any questions. Then there is a informational session the night before to learn a bit more about the company. On the day of the interview, your day lasts about 3-4 hours with the HR reps and a senior manager(s) and consists of two behavioral interviews and one technical.

Interview Question – There isn't any "trick" questions. Normal behavioral questions with STAR format (i.e "tell me about a time....") and technical questions involved SQL and object-case diagrams.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation needed :)

Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then 1:1 interview with VP, hiring manager, and technical manager. Each interview took 30 min. The managerial and VP interviews are behavioral and concentrate on how the person will fit into the team and whether the team will be able to work well together. The technical interview was about SQL and going over your resume.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer is the offer either you are going to take the job or leave it

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!