Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Rhode Island

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through the internal job search engine as I am a current employee. First recieved a call for screening my resume which is a pre HR screening but as I was also recommended I skipped the actual HR interview and was given the direct phone interview with on of the key team member.

Took about 2 weeks to bring me in for a face-to-face interview with 4 interviewers. The interview went excellent! I was extended the offer next morning.

I negotiated and was offered a substential pay bump as this was a team lead role also they were aware I have other offer of the table.

Interview Questions
    • Design a entire library system for a university and how will you go about analysing it.   Answer Question
    Straightforward. I asked a pay raise based on my skill set. They immediately came back with a much better offer.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Employee in North Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

Found on Monster by the HR person and conducted about a 10 minute screening and referred me on to the hiring manager.
    Another phone screen, she was about 15 minutes late, not a problem

Administrative Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2014.

The process could be different because I am an intern and I knew somebody within the company. I came in, had one interview and then following the interview a few days later received a call notifying me that I was accepted for the position pending I complete their required drug test and back ground test. Back ground test took about 4 days and then a few days later had the test.

Interview Questions
    Didn't have to negotiate, I am an intern and receive a base salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Applied online. Was contacted by someone from Vertitude, their in house staffing firm. Was asked a series of screening questions and then sent paperwork for a background/credit check, and a typing/data entry test. In person interview was scheduled about a week later. Initially there were 4 other people present and we were given an overview of the position/company and a brief tour. Then we broke off and were each interviewed by two people from the company. Recieved favorable feedback during and after the interview from the 2 that interviewed me and the person from Vertitude, but alas no offer was made, which was kind of a disapointment. I'd rather have been told 'no' from the begining, but allowed myself to get excited based on their feedback and it came back to bite me in the rear. I really feel dooped by them and they led me on to think that I was a preffered canidate only to get shafted in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. Standard questions that you would expect.   Answer Question

CRM Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

Intially, I had a phone interview where I was asked traditional questions about my background and interests. Then, I was brought on site for a follow up interview. I was treated to lunch which was relaxing for an interview. The interview was more of a conversation than a formal interview.

FFAS Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

I applied through the career center at my university. I received a phone call and then there were two interviews, one on campus and one on-site. The people I interviewed with were very upbeat, especially during the on-site interview. The company culture was appealing.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what is your biggest failure. I was also asked about my least favorite class. The interviewers seemed to be trying to determine why I applied for the position and what my goals were with the job. My advice is to be very confident in your answers.   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

Applied online through the Fidelity Website. I received a call from a few of their hiring manager who went over some basic questions with me. I was then given a few program managers who interviewed me. They were extremely nice and spent a lot of time making sure they answered all my questions as well as all the questions they had. A few hours after the program managers I was offered a position

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how I have used SQL and to give some basic SQL Queries for data provided   Answer Question
    No negotiation since it was an internship, very competitive pay though

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2011.

I got hired right after college and the process was based on two over the phone interviews with two different individuals; a project manager and a hiring manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2011.

Hr called me, then a phone interview. After that was the usual interview with 4 people. And a final interview with VP.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was asking a command with options. But just naming the coomand was enough.   Answer Question
    No negotioation.

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Smithfield, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2010.

Usually a phone screen and then a face to face interview. The interview & decision process usually takes at least a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Usually questions related to the technology you are being interviewed for. It was technical questions related to the Oracle database and questions related to the experience.   Answer Question
    My experience has been that the HR is negotiable only a little. Maybe a 2-3 thousand from the initial offer.