Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Intern Interview

Administrative Intern
Smithfield, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process could be different because I am an intern and I knew somebody within the company. I came in, had one interview and then following the interview a few days later received a call notifying me that I was accepted for the position pending I complete their required drug test and back ground test. Back ground test took about 4 days and then a few days later had the test.

Interview Question – Top three strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate, I am an intern and receive a base salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Smithfield, RI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hr called me, then a phone interview. After that was the usual interview with 4 people. And a final interview with VP.

Interview Question – Most difficult was asking a command with options. But just naming the coomand was enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotioation.

FFAS Intern Interview

FFAS Intern
Smithfield, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the career center at my university. I received a phone call and then there were two interviews, one on campus and one on-site. The people I interviewed with were very upbeat, especially during the on-site interview. The company culture was appealing.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was what is your biggest failure. I was also asked about my least favorite class. The interviewers seemed to be trying to determine why I applied for the position and what my goals were with the job. My advice is to be very confident in your answers.   Answer Question

CRM Intern Interview

CRM Intern
Smithfield, RI

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

Interview Details – Intially, I had a phone interview where I was asked traditional questions about my background and interests. Then, I was brought on site for a follow up interview. I was treated to lunch which was relaxing for an interview. The interview was more of a conversation than a formal interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Smithfield, RI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by someone from Vertitude, their in house staffing firm. Was asked a series of screening questions and then sent paperwork for a background/credit check, and a typing/data entry test. In person interview was scheduled about a week later. Initially there were 4 other people present and we were given an overview of the position/company and a brief tour. Then we broke off and were each interviewed by two people from the company. Recieved favorable feedback during and after the interview from the 2 that interviewed me and the person from Vertitude, but alas no offer was made, which was kind of a disapointment. I'd rather have been told 'no' from the begining, but allowed myself to get excited based on their feedback and it came back to bite me in the rear. I really feel dooped by them and they led me on to think that I was a preffered canidate only to get shafted in the end.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult. Standard questions that you would expect.   Answer Question

Senior Database Developer Interview

Senior Database Developer
North Smithfield, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2010.

Interview Details – Usually a phone screen and then a face to face interview. The interview & decision process usually takes at least a few weeks.

Interview Question – Usually questions related to the technology you are being interviewed for. It was technical questions related to the Oracle database and questions related to the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My experience has been that the HR is negotiable only a little. Maybe a 2-3 thousand from the initial offer.

Technical Intern Interview

Technical Intern
Smithfield, RI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through the Fidelity Website. I received a call from a few of their hiring manager who went over some basic questions with me. I was then given a few program managers who interviewed me. They were extremely nice and spent a lot of time making sure they answered all my questions as well as all the questions they had. A few hours after the program managers I was offered a position

Interview Question – Asked about how I have used SQL and to give some basic SQL Queries for data provided   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it was an internship, very competitive pay though

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Smithfield, RI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2011.

Interview Details – I got hired right after college and the process was based on two over the phone interviews with two different individuals; a project manager and a hiring manager.

Interview Question – what is your favorite programming language and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments interview questions and advice in Rhode Island. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.