Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the recruiter first to see if I was in their range followed by an on site interviews with senior staff plus the hiring manager. I interviewed for a position for which I was eminently qualified for and answered all of their questions completely and succinclty. I sent individual thank you notes to each interviewer thanking them for their time and how I was a good fit for the role. Then, all of a sudden, things went dark with no word from anyone until I followed up with them.
They decided that even though I was perfectly qualified and had the experience to succeed in the role, I somehow lacked the "executive presence" (whatever the hell that means which is code for something else they don't want to admit). They would continue their search.

In retrospect, I thank my lucky stars I didn't get it and concluded I probably dodged a bullet. Heard the comp and benes aren't all that great and that it can be a bit a sweatshop at times.

Interview Question – Are you sure you're not going to leave in 6mos and start a restaurant or something?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

Interview Details – Competency based interview with questions around operational management and Agile Approach. First interview with Hiring Manager, then further interview with other Manager and HR. First interview fairly short (30 min).

Interview Question – No very difficult questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Senior Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.