Fidelity Investments Senior Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

Phone interview with the recruiter first to see if I was in their range followed by an on site interviews with senior staff plus the hiring manager. I interviewed for a position for which I was eminently qualified for and answered all of their questions completely and succinclty. I sent individual thank you notes to each interviewer thanking them for their time and how I was a good fit for the role. Then, all of a sudden, things went dark with no word from anyone until I followed up with them.
They decided that even though I was perfectly qualified and had the experience to succeed in the role, I somehow lacked the "executive presence" (whatever the hell that means which is code for something else they don't want to admit). They would continue their search.

In retrospect, I thank my lucky stars I didn't get it and concluded I probably dodged a bullet. Heard the comp and benes aren't all that great and that it can be a bit a sweatshop at times.

Interview Questions
  • Are you sure you're not going to leave in 6mos and start a restaurant or something?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

Competency based interview with questions around operational management and Agile Approach. First interview with Hiring Manager, then further interview with other Manager and HR. First interview fairly short (30 min).

Interview Questions

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!