Fidelity Investments

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Process took 2 weeks with Inital Telephone call with recruiter, two 30 mins telephone calls with the Managers. Very easy, they try to understand our interest and see the job fit

Interview Question – Mostly conversational, so specific technical questions   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details – Technical interview followed by Personal interview

Smithfield, RI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hr called me, then a phone interview. After that was the usual interview with 4 people. And a final interview with VP.

Interview Question – Most difficult was asking a command with options. But just naming the coomand was enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotioation.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Interview was completely technical and 3 people interview me. Each person took 30 minutes and it went for one and half hour. Questions were tough and were related to previous project and they ask each and every aspect of their job requirements. They even ask about version tool and HPQC also.

Interview Question – questions about features in latest release in oracle
Differences between previous and new release
  Answer Question

Merrimack, NH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a company's employee. This is a contractor position.
A week later, I was put in 1/2 hour technical interview via the phone. The questions included Java multithreading, singleton design pattern, server-side JSP, HTTP protocols, XML, etc.
I then was called in for the face-to-face interview. I was told it was supposed to be group/panel setting, but when I arrived, there was only one person sitting in the conf. room and the other person was on the phone (I guess he was working from home that day!!!). The first face-to-face interview lasted for one hour. They throw more questions on me first (adding cookies, more Java threading, serialization, etc). The guy who was on the phone had very heavy accent, therefore, I constantly struggled with understanding his questions. Next hour, I was interviewed by two engineers from Boston via the phone again. They did not ask any question but asked me if I had any question. I asked them about what project they were working on. How did the product being tested and supported? Most questions I asked were process related. I cannot believe I was the one who tried o fill that one hour. interview.
Finally, I was interviewed with the Director. The first question was "Do you have any Java experience?" I thought "my god, didn't you read my resume? Java was the major programming language I have been developing in the past 12 years" but I answered (with a smile), yes.
Before I left the company, I was told "You will be contacted no matter what".
I have never heard from the company despite I wrote a thankyou email and asked being notified
as soon as the final decision is made. I tried to call again. I got the answer was the decision has not
been made. It hen heard from my friend that they have hired someone else who is "younger".

My conclusion is: they did not want me first place. Because my friend submitted my resume, therefore, they have to do something about it. There was no reason they can reject me, therefore they did not even bother to let me know the decision.

Interview Questions

• What is Singleton design pattern? Give me a recent example you have implemented.   View Answer
  • What is HTTP protocol? What is the difference between POST and GET method?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details – There was two round of interviews.First was written test and second was face to face.

Interview Question – All the question was from oops,and how you implement opps in your project.The most difficult question was diffence between static class and single pattern,they drill down it.   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2009.

Interview Details – manager round , technical round , client round

Negotiation Details – as per market standard

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!