Fidelity Investments Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied for the job from the Fidelity career's website. HR reached out to me in few days and had discussion regarding my resume for 30 minutes. Forwarded my resume to Hiring manager and I had 4 more rounds of interview after that. Entire process completed within a month.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were related to Spring, hibernate, threading, database etc.
       - how does spring mvc work
       - spring security, aop (cglib vs dynamic proxy), transactions, different jdbc templates, template pattern, singleton bean vs singleton pattern, bean life cycle.
       - types of hibernate inheritance, joins

2 online/live coding and designing questions.

Questions were quite simple and easy for me.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Process took 2 weeks with Inital Telephone call with recruiter, two 30 mins telephone calls with the Managers. Very easy, they try to understand our interest and see the job fit

Interview Questions
    • Mostly conversational, so specific technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Technical interview followed by Personal interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2011.

Hr called me, then a phone interview. After that was the usual interview with 4 people. And a final interview with VP.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was asking a command with options. But just naming the coomand was enough.   Answer Question
    No negotioation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview was completely technical and 3 people interview me. Each person took 30 minutes and it went for one and half hour. Questions were tough and were related to previous project and they ask each and every aspect of their job requirements. They even ask about version tool and HPQC also.

Interview Questions
    • questions about features in latest release in oracle
      Differences between previous and new release
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2010.

I was referred by a company's employee. This is a contractor position.
    A week later, I was put in 1/2 hour technical interview via the phone. The questions included Java multithreading, singleton design pattern, server-side JSP, HTTP protocols, XML, etc.
    I then was called in for the face-to-face interview. I was told it was supposed to be group/panel setting, but when I arrived, there was only one person sitting in the conf. room and the other person was on the phone (I guess he was working from home that day!!!). The first face-to-face interview lasted for one hour. They throw more questions on me first (adding cookies, more Java threading, serialization, etc). The guy who was on the phone had very heavy accent, therefore, I constantly struggled with understanding his questions. Next hour, I was interviewed by two engineers from Boston via the phone again. They did not ask any question but asked me if I had any question. I asked them about what project they were working on. How did the product being tested and supported? Most questions I asked were process related. I cannot believe I was the one who tried o fill that one hour. interview.
    Finally, I was interviewed with the Director. The first question was "Do you have any Java experience?" I thought "my god, didn't you read my resume? Java was the major programming language I have been developing in the past 12 years" but I answered (with a smile), yes.
    Before I left the company, I was told "You will be contacted no matter what".
    I have never heard from the company despite I wrote a thankyou email and asked being notified
    as soon as the final decision is made. I tried to call again. I got the answer was the decision has not
    been made. It hen heard from my friend that they have hired someone else who is "younger".

My conclusion is: they did not want me first place. Because my friend submitted my resume, therefore, they have to do something about it. There was no reason they can reject me, therefore they did not even bother to let me know the decision.

Interview Questions
    • What is Singleton design pattern? Give me a recent example you have implemented.   View Answer
    • What is HTTP protocol? What is the difference between POST and GET method?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went through 4 rounds, 1) 75 objective questions 2) f2f with project manager (took around 30 minutes) 3) interview with a technical panel 4) Project Director, where he only spoke about the work culture, expectations, asked about my expectations from Fidelity. It lasted for approx. 40 minutes. As the day was almost over, the HR asked me if he can call me on Monday for further discussions. They didn't call and I didn't feel the need to contact them.

The interview questions were pretty basic and easy to answer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

There was two round of interviews.First was written test and second was face to face.

Interview Questions
    • All the question was from oops,and how you implement opps in your project.The most difficult question was diffence between static class and single pattern,they drill down it.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2009.

manager round , technical round , client round

as per market standard

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!