Fidelity Investments

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Phone screening first, then on site 1:1 interview with 3+ people. Some detail technical questions, But more is about past experiences, such as what was most challenging issue you have ever faced, how did you work on it, what did you like most in your past job, etc

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied for the job from the Fidelity career's website. HR reached out to me in few days and had discussion regarding my resume for 30 minutes. Forwarded my resume to Hiring manager and I had 4 more rounds of interview after that. Entire process completed within a month.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were related to Spring, hibernate, threading, database etc.
         - how does spring mvc work
         - spring security, aop (cglib vs dynamic proxy), transactions, different jdbc templates, template pattern, singleton bean vs singleton pattern, bean life cycle.
         - types of hibernate inheritance, joins

2 online/live coding and designing questions.

Questions were quite simple and easy for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Process took 2 weeks with Inital Telephone call with recruiter, two 30 mins telephone calls with the Managers. Very easy, they try to understand our interest and see the job fit

Interview Questions
    • Mostly conversational, so specific technical questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview was completely technical and 3 people interview me. Each person took 30 minutes and it went for one and half hour. Questions were tough and were related to previous project and they ask each and every aspect of their job requirements. They even ask about version tool and HPQC also.

Interview Questions
    • questions about features in latest release in oracle
      Differences between previous and new release

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

(1) In person interview with recruiting firm. They just go over your resume and make sure you can comb your hair and speak cogent English.

(2) Phone interview with a team Engineer. Very basic questions about your resume and experience.

(3) On site interview. Behavioral questions with project manager, program manager and an architect. Asked to write some very primitive code and then unit tests for it. Asked to diagram a simple state machine on the white board. Asked some "what if" questions around designing an application architecture.

Also interviewed with another team, same format as above, but assigned a coding assignment by email (command line Java timer application). Emailed in code and then was asked to walk through it at the in person interview and explain how it worked and why I wrote it that way.

Interview Questions
    • All very easy. In person coding question was so trivial I started down a few more complex paths until I realized it really was that trivial.   View Answer
    Yes, got a larger signing bonus and salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2011.

Hr called me, then a phone interview. After that was the usual interview with 4 people. And a final interview with VP.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was asking a command with options. But just naming the coomand was enough.   Answer Question
    No negotioation.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2010.

I was referred by a company's employee. This is a contractor position.
    A week later, I was put in 1/2 hour technical interview via the phone. The questions included Java multithreading, singleton design pattern, server-side JSP, HTTP protocols, XML, etc.
    I then was called in for the face-to-face interview. I was told it was supposed to be group/panel setting, but when I arrived, there was only one person sitting in the conf. room and the other person was on the phone (I guess he was working from home that day!!!). The first face-to-face interview lasted for one hour. They throw more questions on me first (adding cookies, more Java threading, serialization, etc). The guy who was on the phone had very heavy accent, therefore, I constantly struggled with understanding his questions. Next hour, I was interviewed by two engineers from Boston via the phone again. They did not ask any question but asked me if I had any question. I asked them about what project they were working on. How did the product being tested and supported? Most questions I asked were process related. I cannot believe I was the one who tried o fill that one hour. interview.
    Finally, I was interviewed with the Director. The first question was "Do you have any Java experience?" I thought "my god, didn't you read my resume? Java was the major programming language I have been developing in the past 12 years" but I answered (with a smile), yes.
    Before I left the company, I was told "You will be contacted no matter what".
    I have never heard from the company despite I wrote a thankyou email and asked being notified
    as soon as the final decision is made. I tried to call again. I got the answer was the decision has not
    been made. It hen heard from my friend that they have hired someone else who is "younger".

My conclusion is: they did not want me first place. Because my friend submitted my resume, therefore, they have to do something about it. There was no reason they can reject me, therefore they did not even bother to let me know the decision.

Interview Questions
    • What is Singleton design pattern? Give me a recent example you have implemented.   View Answer
    • What is HTTP protocol? What is the difference between POST and GET method?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Technical interview followed by Personal interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2015.

Face to Face. Requirement was for application packaging @ FMR, Bangalore
    It was 15 mins interview. 12-13 mins on non-technical part only like the process we follow in current company. Only 2 technical questions. After Interview I was pretty much sure that it was complete waste of time coming here. I was assuming If it is a technical round, they should ask at least 10 technical questions to judge anyone. It was waste of time going for interview. Highly disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself (most Generic).
      Your Role?
      What process you follow?
      What are the tools you use?
      How requests come?

Answer Question
    • DIfference between applications and Packages in SCCM 2012.
      How to decide if application will go as attended or unattended?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went through 4 rounds, 1) 75 objective questions 2) f2f with project manager (took around 30 minutes) 3) interview with a technical panel 4) Project Director, where he only spoke about the work culture, expectations, asked about my expectations from Fidelity. It lasted for approx. 40 minutes. As the day was almost over, the HR asked me if he can call me on Monday for further discussions. They didn't call and I didn't feel the need to contact them.

The interview questions were pretty basic and easy to answer.