Fidelity Investments Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

3 profiles were available namely :Software Developer,Quality Assurance, ITI(Technical Infrastructure)
I chose software developer.
Written Round:It had 3 sections namely Quantitative Aptitude,Logical Reasoning,Verbal Ability.
This round was fairly easy but main thing is time management.
I got through the 1st round.

Interview : There were 3 interviews ,

HR interview 1/ Behavior interview:Initially,the interviewer asked me whether I was nervous,and asked for my resume.She asked about my projects for about 5 minutes.After this she had given me a situation asked me how I would react.The situation was suppose when working in a team ,there is difference in opinion between me and other team members ,how would I react.I replied by saying that I would promptly go and tell my views to the Team leader and its up to the team leader to take in my opinions.All I want is to contribute for the betterment of the team in a meaningful manner.She asked me ,who is my inspiration,why I want to join Fidelity.This round lasted for about 15 minutes.

I was asked to wait for sometime and then I called in for Tech Interview for Software Developer.

Tech Interview: The interviewer was very friendly.I had told him in the beginning itself that I am not comfortable with data structures but I am going to study in the coming semester.He asked me few puzzles and code snippets a).Swapping of two variables without using a temporary variable b)
if x and y are two numbers and each has a millions digits ,compute sum.c)If you have 5 ,10,20 rupee note.print all the combinations of these notes which will result in a sum of 500.I answers all these questions ,I could answer a few puzzles.
This round lasted for about 20 minutes.
After this round I had the HR 2 interview.

HR 2 interview:I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.The interview asked me if had any questions to ask.This round lasted for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • In the Tech Interview ,I couldn't answer a few puzzles.   Answer Question
Campus Interview,so no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

basic java and J2EE questions will be asked in 2 round of interview

Software Developer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2011.

There was a phone screen by HR, followed by a phone screen by a developer. At the former I was told that quantitative skills were important to the position,while at the latter I was told that they weren't and then I was asked to rate myself as a programmer on a scale of 1-10. When I said 6-7 I received a string of extremely easy technical questions such as the differences between a do-while loop and a for loop. I was not asked about object-oriented programming at all, although a lack of that knowledge was given as a reason in the subsequent rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Rate yourself as a programmer on a scale of 1-10.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2008.

I was interviewed by a team of developers from India who reside in the United States. It was difficult to understand the questions over the phone which made it hard to be successful in winning the job.

Interview Questions
    • Obscure technical questions that the general developer would likely look up on a day to day basis   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!