Fidelity Investments

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – First you will receive an e-mail followed by a phone interview. Depends on the team, you may have one or two interview.

Interview Question – You get asked questions on how you will set up working on a project and how some database questions. As long as you know the idea of how things work, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Technical Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – first round call with an HR interviewer, second round with several managers interested in me as an intern for their groups.

Interview Question – they were all behavioral questions, the most difficult was "what is your biggest weakness"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate, but very reasonable hourly pay.

Technical Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter over the phone for a brief informational interview. Asked background and education questions. Then had a roughly 20 minute phone interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – What has been your most difficult experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Smithfield, RI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through the Fidelity Website. I received a call from a few of their hiring manager who went over some basic questions with me. I was then given a few program managers who interviewed me. They were extremely nice and spent a lot of time making sure they answered all my questions as well as all the questions they had. A few hours after the program managers I was offered a position

Interview Question – Asked about how I have used SQL and to give some basic SQL Queries for data provided   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it was an internship, very competitive pay though

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had two interviews total. One with an HR rep. He just went over my resume, why Fidelity, what I liked, stuff like that. Second interview was with a project manager and a senior software engineer. Wasnt too bad. Just asked if I knew the basic data structures, what languages I knew,what I hope to gain out of the internship, etc... A little more technical. Received offer the following day.

Negotiation Details – Pay was very generous so no need to negotiate.

Morrisville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – Interview was very straightforward. Make sure you know your java if you are interviewing for a developer position.

Interview Question – Any question involving hash functions/objects.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had to sit and speak with two people who worked in the dept. each for 30 minutes. The discuss your qualifications and what interests you to work for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2009.

Interview Details – For interns Fidelity is looking for people who are sound technically and are go-getter. Who can communicate with people and think out of box. So give examples of same.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself and discussed projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!