Fidelity Investments

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual Designer Interview

Visual Designer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details – This was an intense interview with 3 different folks from the UX design team. But they were all very nice and it went well for me. Each person was from a different department/line of business. I looked everyone up on Linked in to learn more about them and their role.

Interview Question – Probably what is more important form or function?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I worked with a headhunter so I asked for more and they accepted

Very Easy Interview

Visual Designer Interview

Visual Designer
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2011.

Interview Details – I has an initial phone interview, and then a multi-hour interview with 6 people throughout the design and business departments. I felt comfortable right away and the dress code was business casual (but more emphasis on the casual). Everyone seemed more interested in how I would fit in with the group than with my qualifications, which I liked. You can tell if someone is qualified from their resume and portfolio - no need to waste interview time going back over that information.

Interview Question – How would I improve the web site. This was difficult because the site is so large with many different sections.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was only able to negotiate my starting pay since I started as a contractor (no benefits to negotiate).

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!