Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Westlake, TX

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

2 phone interviews by HR, 1 in person with team managers. Very cool setup of in person interview. Group interview modernized; do a presentation/tour with the group, then interview alone with two managers. Got to tour the facility with 2 employees (that have been or currently in the position applying for) that were not connected to the hiring process. Were able to ask any questions or relay concerns. Very easy to get answers.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for these positions.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Three-tiered interview process, all with standard interview questions. Not too many curveballs. The first is a telephone interview with a recent hire who has one year's experience in the position applied for from the local office (and has transferred to HR). Second is with a senior HR manager and may be from another office located somewhere else in the US. If you pass both interviews, you'll get to tour the facility with a group of candidates. Get there 5-10 minutes early so you don't leave the group waiting. There will be a brief presentation about the company by a senior manager, followed by the tour and finally, an interview with two hiring managers.

It was a great experience, that I unfortunately blew, as it was my first serious interview in a long time. I've applied numerous times since and will continue to apply until I get it, or something better. This had the feel of a great place to start a career.

They were incredibly kind, helpful, and understanding. If you don't have a lot of experience in customer service, you probably won't get the job, though. If you're fresh out of college without a background as a CSR, work for a while in retail or another customer relations-job first.

They are incredibly candid and helpful in letting you know precisely why they pass you over; and you'll have tons of time to prepare for the interview. Use it.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in a career in finance? There really isn't a good answer for this question. I've talked to people who "were always interested in finance" or who "took a class in school and found it interesting" who had strong backgrounds in the field who were passed over because they failed to articulate that question effectively. Just do your due-diligence, but don't sweat it. They're really looking for people who are interested in provided the strongest customer service possible. Articulate that, and you should be golden.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

First you get a phone call stating basic job description and pay then you get another phone call where they do a screening on you. if you pass that you get a phone interview for about an hour where they ask alot of behavioral based questions. if you pass this then they invite you for a face to face interview. this interview consists of a 30 minute powerpoint presentation of the company and the career opportunities within it, then you get a tour of the facility with 2 of the current financial representatives. they then call your name out and you go with 2 managers where they interview you. the questions asked in this were pretty much exactly the same as the ones asked in phone interview. the key to do well here is answer with detailed specific examples and explain thoroughly without answering around the question. after this interview you have to take a critical thinking test for about 30 mins- an hour (you get as much time as you need). I got a call 3 days later with a job offer. the overall process was great, my recruiter was more my advocate and answered all my questions thoroughly and guided me through the process.

no negotiation.

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Two interviews. The first was with HR. Must submit a credit screening. The second was with managers on the floor where you will be working. Standard interview questions "give me an example of..."

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just know how to standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Starts with phone interviews followed by on-site interview with 2 managers. Then the Watson-Glaser test. Following this, a follow up phone interview in some cases.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Questions are typical like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what makes you a good fit, etc...   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation for this position.

Retirement Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

You go through a phone interview and an in-person interview. Both are behavioral. The phone interview takes about 45 minutes in total. The human resources department will get back to you shortly after to notify you if you have made it to the next round of in-person interviews. The in-person interview takes about 2.5 hours in total. You take a tour of the facility and go through a PowerPoint presentation about Fidelity. After this you go into an interview with two managers from the department you're applying for. Once again this is a behavioral interview. After the interview human resources will let you know if you have been offered the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Your boss needs your help on an important matter, you are currently on the phone with a customer, and you are supposed to call another customer back in 15 minutes. All three matters are important, how do you satisfy all three situations?   Answer Question

Defined Contribution Representative (401 Customer Service) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

This was an entry level position and the company was very helpful throughout the somewhat long hiring process (about two weeks overall). I was first contacted by a hiring person who was more my advocate and helped me prepare for interviews, let me know what the company was about, what they were looking for, and what to study up on. Then I had a phone interview with someone who gave me feedback (don't worry if you feel like you have a lot of negative feedback. They want you to be prepared for your big interview). Big interview day came and there was about 20-30 other people, who were then split up into groups of about 8, a presentation was given. Then individual interviews happened. We were interviewed by two people. Both were friendly, and it is a fairly relaxed environment (they weren't there to make you sweat). Some of the questions were tricky though and be prepared for a LOT of behavioral interview questions. Also, be aware that at least with this position, they train at about 8 weeks at a time, so I had to wait at least a month between getting the job and actually starting work. Totally worth it though if you think you'd enjoy the line of work.

Interview Questions
    • It has been a long time so I don't remember specific questions, but I do know they focus a lot on customer service (asked a lot of questions about customer service, wanting specific examples of when you did things).   Answer Question
    They called me and told me what they offered, which I was more than happy with. It is a high paying job with loads of growth potential and amazing benefits.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Applied online and was given a phone interview in the space of approximately 7 days. It took approximately 20 minutes, and was fairly rigorous. You have to know their financials in and out if you really want to get called in for more personal interview.

Know where the overall industry is headed most of all.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can add value to Fidelity's operations?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

I was a referral. My friend had an internship there the previous summer and put me in touch with the recruiter, who put me in touch with another recruiter in my department. Since they didn't recruit at my school, which is in a city about 3 hours away from the actual job I had a short phone interview. It was nothing special, more of just getting to know me. I then flew to the city to have a 1 on 1 behavioral interview. This is somewhat unorthodox because I know they have recruitment programs with campus tours, etc... The interview was very basic, and almost enjoyable to learn about the job and see the incredible campus. I received an offer and am weighing it against other things.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. I got asked 3 of the most basic behavioral interview questions (strength, weakness, etc).   Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns