Fidelity Investments Interview Questions in Westlake, TX

Updated Aug 12, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX).

Interview

Know about the job and know what you're talking about give details..... lots of behavior work problem solving questions.... one phone one in person then a final one with managers....

Interview Questions

• Give me an example how.you handles an upset member..... what were you're steps in solving this etc...... how have you handles bad feedback from your boss... what did you do to improve..... what were your stats as far as.performance at your last job....... how well can you analyze..... what's the differmece between good.customer service and great.....   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

What are your qualifications? Connect your close fit between the job’s requirements and your qualifications. Ask what specific projects or problems you may be expected to deal with and which have the highest priority. Identify the projects you’ve accomplished in the past that qualify you to work successfully on the projects the interviewer mentioned. How did you resolve a tense situation with a coworker? Have you ever had to fire someone? Give a specific example of a difficulty that you’ve dealt with (conflict resolution or discipline), focusing on how you used your analytical skills to effectively solve the problem. Illustrate how you go about collecting information, stating the steps you took to help the fired person improve and save his or her job before making a termination decision. Emphasize that you follow company policy and that you’re fair and tactful in dealing with employee problems. Based on your experience, what problems do team-focused companies face? Document, with storytelling, that your experience includes being a successful leader or member of teams. Discuss teams as an overall positive factor in the work world of the 21st century. Discuss a minor negative aspect of teams and show how that negative aspect can be overcome. Describe a time that you had to work without direct supervision. Have you ever had to make department decisions when your supervisor was not available? Discuss your decision-making process. You don’t rattle easily. Show that you’re self-directed and self-motivated, but still willing to follow others’ directions or to ask for assistance when needed. Storytell: Discuss a specific example of a time you had to make a decision without supervision. Preferably, discuss a time that you anticipated company needs and finished a project ahead of time or made a beneficial decision. Have you ever misjudged something? How could you have prevented the mistake? Briefly discuss a specific — but minor — example. Briefly discuss what the mistake taught you and how it led you to improve your system for making decisions or solving problems. After talking about your example and what you learned from it, refocus the discussion on your accomplishments.

Director of QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 10 weeks, from first interview to decision. 5 trips to Westlake, 6 different interview days (5 in person, 1 phone call), 9 sessions, 7 unique interviewers. At the beginning of the last interview, decision was supposedly between myself and one other external candidate. Two days after the last interview, received news from the recruiter that they decided to go with an internal candidate instead. Was told that I missed out by "a centimeter", and that I would be perfect for another opportunity, and the VP (who I had interviewed with 3 times and each time it had gone well) was going to call me. Never heard from Fidelity again, hence the negative rating - while I would have loved to been selected, not getting selected is just business and it happens. I did think that dragging on the process for 10 weeks with an external prospect when they already had an internal candidate in mind, suggesting there was another opportunity and saying they were going to call afterwards and not calling was needlessly cruel, even if unintentional, and disrespectful of my time. Better to have just said they selected someone else and leave it at that.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were technical or difficult. Most dealt on management philosophy and how would you handle management type situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard job interview. Know how to market yourself and skills you've honed in your previous experiences, apply them to the Financial Rep role and you'll be successful. I declined the position for a better offer closer to home, but everything about the interview process with Fidelity was professionally managed and they made me think really hard about accepting the offer, despite offering a much lower salary.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a team to achieve a common goal?   1 Answer

I was offered a job with a much higher salary in a more desirable location. Fidelity was unable to negotiate at all with how much they could offer, which forced my hand in declining the position.

High Net Worth Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by one on one with 2 Managers. They would call back within 5-7 working days. Its been 4 days so far and eagerly awaiting a response on the results. The other candidates were fairly well turned out. Hiring aggressively for this role. It was overall a fab experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us more about yourself 2. Define customer service 3. Give examples of customer service   Answer Question

Well, Im still awaiting a mail or a phone conversation to hear from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

There are 2 phone interviews and an in person interview. A recruiter called to explain the position and ask if I was still interested. The next day I had another recruiter call to do a phone interview. It lasted an hour and she asked several behavioral questions. She stressed the difficulty of passing the Series 7 exam. At the end of the call she said that she would be scheduling my interview at the office. It would start a group tour and presentation of the company and end with just myself and two managers in a formal interview. The recruiter offered feedback about my answers to her questions and coached me a little on what to expect next. The recruiter calls to offer a position or explain why an offer is not being extended within a day or two.

Interview Questions

• Explain what world class customer service means to you. Give an example of excellent customer service that you have experienced.   2 Answers

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called regarding my online application we talked about my background and the job duties, then they scheduled me for an interview for the following week. I interviewed with 3 different managers each 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Financial and Retirement Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

After an on campus mock interview, someone else called asking if I would interested in the position and then set up a longer phone interview with a recruiter. After speaking with the recruiter, an in person interview at the Westlake campus was set up the following week. At the campus, we were given an overview of the campus, the company and some benefits before an interview with two managers. After the interview, we had to take a skills and reasoning test to gauge success in passing Series 7 and 66 licensing. I was told I would be contacted in two weeks, but the recruiter called me the day after interviewing offering me the position and outlining the details of the position. Throughout the interview process, the questions were very standard behavioural based questions (e.g. tell me about a time when...). They also asked about my knowledge of the Series 7 and 66 exams, my motivation to earn them and my plan to study for them. The process was very straightforward with very friendly and helpful people.

Interview Questions

• Talk someone through recommending an area restaurant.   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews by HR, 1 in person with team managers. Very cool setup of in person interview. Group interview modernized; do a presentation/tour with the group, then interview alone with two managers. Got to tour the facility with 2 employees (that have been or currently in the position applying for) that were not connected to the hiring process. Were able to ask any questions or relay concerns. Very easy to get answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for these positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

phone screen by recruiter; on site interview with 2-3 different managers. The recruiter's questions kept referring back to my college experience, which was over 20 years ago. I had to keep bringing her back to the idea that she was speaking with an experienced worker. Her suggestions about conduct during the interview were about not chewing gum and checking my phone. I was put off by that experience, and it became clear they don't adjust their message to the mass audience they are accustomed to meeting with. Once I met with the managers, the questions, thankfully, were reflective of how my experience could apply and be a benefit to working with the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why did I think I'd be able to manage the self study process for the licensing exams successfully   1 Answer