Fidelity Worldwide Investment

Fidelity Worldwide Investment Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

3.2

Business Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment.

Interview

A phone interview, then assessment center.
    Phone interview was very general: What is your strengths, Why fidelity etc.
    Assessment center was 3 hours long, including a general interview with personal questions about your leadership skills, how you tackle challenges etc.; then a case study interview where I was asked to sell a refrigerator.

Mostly to test your ability to adapt quickly, and to understand your personality.

Interview Questions

• You are the curator at an art dealership, what would you say to sell a painting to your largest patron?
      After some time, your patron is still refusing to buy. What would you do?

Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment.

Interview

Online application, online tests, phone interview, assessment centre, final interview
    Phone interview competency question and motivation. Assessment center- group exercise, case study, interview, presentation. Everyone were very nice but very competitive. final interview with senior manager and HR. Very relaxed but hard questions. it is like a conversation but they record everything you say.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingswood, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment (Kingswood, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a 30 minute telephone interview with the project manager and then a face to face interview with the project manager and the technical assurance manager. The face to face lasted an hour and then had a thirty minute meeting with HR. Was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable and surprisingly easy

SummerEquity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

After completing the online application I was asked to sit a phone interview. The interview is mainly competency-based but be very precise if you are talking about markets or the stock you pitched in the application.

Senior Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

First round was a technical round. It started with a brief description about the Job profile followed by warm questions like
    Tell me something about yourself and why are you planning to make a switch.
    Then started the grilling round where in my experience on Microsoft technologies was tested to the maximum. Every answer was followed by a counter question as to why did you use this methodology.
    Can it be done in a better way? If yes then what?
    I gave my best and after 90 mins they asked me to take a rest and soon the Managerial round will start

2nd round: Managerial round again started with warm questions and was mainly covered through my CV. Manager wanted me to think why should i take up this role and if I do, how can I beat others at their own game. Things went on smoothly for nearly 40 minutes. I made through it.

Final round or the HR round: It was there just to complete the negotiation process. By this time they'd already made up their mind to hire me. It was just about completing the negotiation formalities.

I got the offer in 3 days time.

Interview Questions

• Why make use of Windows service than a scheduled task involving executable.
      How is User Defined Function better than Stored Procedure

Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First Round was a telephone interview. It was the typical phone interview where you have countless competency questions. Such as "Describe a situation where you managed a team" . However there was also a question on how I invest and what specific I would invest in. Overall the interview was very relaxed and pleasant. I was invited immediately after the interview to an assessment center. Still waiting for the assessment center but I was told to expect a presentation, 3 interviews, 2 tests.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most influential person person that has allowed you become who you are today? Then the follow up question was what would he/she say if we asked them to describe you.   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Simple application form followed by numerical and logical tests. If you pass, a longer application form is unlocked which includes a cover letter-style question as well as a stock pitch.

Next stage is a telephone interview which contained mostly competency questions, though there were a couple of investment questions such as "how would you invest £1 million?".

After passing the telephone interview, I was invited to an assessment centre, which also included a dinner with the Directors of Research the night before which was a very nice touch. Assessment centre consisted of a numerical test and three interviews in the morning (a mix of technical and competency questions, two interviews with Equity Research employees and one with HR). After lunch, around half of the candidates were sent home and the remaining candidates had two hours to read through company reports for the stock pitch exercise. We then presented/discussed our recommendation to two employees (at least one Director of Research), which lasted about one hour.

I was called within an hour of leaving the office to let me know the outcome of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you get over it?   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment (Mumbai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Got call for the walk-in drive through staffing agency(Newstar consulting)
    1. First round was written test comprising of SQL, Testing Concepts and Capital market domain questions
    2. Then there were 2 technical rounds focusing on SQL, UNIX, testing and domain skills
    3, Last was the HR round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation is possible if you can join early

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment.

Interview

Highly unprofessional process.

1- Written question- 72 old and outdated . I am through this round.

2- Technical interview. Good person. through with this also

3- Managerial interview - Again good and little pressure interview. Through.

4- HR round- salary discussion and basic company profile beefing.

This much happens in single day. things are looking very professional and requirement is looks like very critical.

5- They sent a mail to submit documents . Submitted.

6- Medical test. Done.

Now comes the real turn :)

Came to know that the person handling my process has left the company :) . They start speaking in different tone. No response or offer letter for almost more than a month.

They are highly unprofessional and looks like internal politics is going on to put their own candidate in position. I tried to communicate many a times but in vein.

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingswood, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Worldwide Investment (Kingswood, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

The first couple of stages consisted of online tests and a telephone interview, which were both straightforward and friendly.

The third and final stage however was a traumatising experience and something nightmares are made of, quite literally. Having travelled all the way from central london to the interview, I was relatively tired and under pressure to succeed: the taxi alone cost me £18 from Redhill station and the trip took almost 2 hours.

Upon arriving, I waited at the reception for 15 minutes before being led into a small interview room with two Fidelity employees joking amongst themselves with little consideration or even notice of myself, the interviewee. Without further ado they left and began a roleplay which lasted 10 minutes (less time than I spent waiting in the reception) before being told I was unsuccessful. I then had to leave to begin my expensive and arduous journey back home.

The fact that the employees did not spend any time talking to me, so as to guide me into the process smoothly, gave new meaning to the phrase being chewed up and spat back out by the system. I am adamant that their cold attitude to potential employees is an example of what it must be like to work for them once the process is over.