Fidelity & Guaranty Life Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity & Guaranty Life

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life.

Interview

I got a phone interview with Fidelity and Guaranty Life. Most questions were behavior questions. And the HR person also asked about my technical experience etc. The process was very efficient even though they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interview, then invited for on-site interview with 3 of their executives plus a excel modeling presentation. One of the interviewers was unreasonably harsh with some technical questions that were very irreverent to the job, which made the process a little uncomfortable. Overall I'm not sure if I want to continue in the process as I felt the overall moral of the company is low and not very promising. Excessive work hours questions were avoided which raised a red flag for me as well as O/T requirements.

Senior Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

There are four rounds of interviews. The first round is over the phone. The second round is in-person. The third round is a 30-minute phone presentation of a potential fixed-income investment with HR person, Chief Investment Officer, and Portfolio Manager. Candidate has one week to prepare with a write-up, powerpoint presentation, and any other materials. The fourth round is a 60-minute presentation in front of the entire investment team. The entire process takes 2 month or more. Initially, company is very aggressive about pursuing candidates. However, most people never move past third round. The worst part is that the company completely ignores candidate following third round. Don't expect feedback, email, or telephone call after third round presentation. The candidate is left wondering about his or her status for the position for many months.

Interview Questions

• For the third round presentation, you need to decide whether or not to purchase a bond from a potential investment's fixed income securities. In addition, you need to explain why you made the decision. You will need to complete a write up, powerpoint presentation and other material.   Answer Question

Systems and Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidelity & Guaranty Life (Baltimore, MD) in February 2010.

Interview

Very thorough comprehensive questioning regarding the position. Handled in a very detailed meticulous matter. Excellent panel of interviewers. I really felt that they were on top of their game.When you are asked questions related to your current or previous positions, it's important to be specific and to be positive about what you did in your previous position

Negotiation