Fidessa Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Process was pretty simple. I applied through my school's career services job portal. After a short time someone reached out about availibility for a phone interview. Asked some standard questions about what I was looking for and if I was willing to relocate. After that some technical questions that weren't too hard. When the phone interview was over I was told to wait for an online programming test. Test was pretty simple nothing that you shouldn't have been prepared for at school. Upon passing that online technical test was brought in for an in person interview. Questions were all about prior experience or looking over the online programming evaluation. Offer extended a couple days later.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and talked to me for a bit about what I was looking for. He thought I was the right fit, so he contacted Fidessa and they sent me an email stating that I would have to pass a 5 minute technical test on HackerRank. If I passed that test, I could do another technical test that would last an hour. I finished the first test but got no response on whether I passed or failed the test.

Interview Questions

• A coding problem, basically a small IF chain that was a bit unreadable   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidessa in July 2015.

Interview

I applied the software engineer on my university career center website (if I remembered correctly), and they gave me technical online test next day maybe. There are 3 programming questions and 5 basic questions about O-O. After that the test, nothing back from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Roman to Integer, but with slightly different rules. 2. merge two linked lists with a given color order   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa in June 2015.

Interview

I passed the online assessment. And they gave me a phone call and rejected me. They don't hire people anymore, don't waste time to do their online test. Because it's very small company for IT group and they don't have positions. They distributed test to everyone and rejected them all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Four stages: a relatively simple online test, a brief conversation with HR, technical coding interview, and skype interview. I did well on everything but last one. I made it to the final one, but for some reason they didn't like what I said about my prior experience. Didn't get an offer, although they did like my code.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

first OA JUST SOME test about c++ basic knowledge and linux questions then 2hr skype +coding basic string and c++ coding test and then talked a lot about the project and about the coding experience.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa in June 2015.

Interview

Firstly, there will be a on-line assessment, 3 algorithm questions and several C++ language questions, they are very basic. Then, you will have phone interview to talk about your resume. No further actions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa in March 2015.

Interview

Online test includes 4 or 3 coding problems and several code review problems. Coding is not very hard, but need good preparation. You should know how to merge and how to use stack. I never think someone will ask a coding problem about Roman number, but...

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

For the first round, I had to do an online programming test. It consisted of about seven to eight questions. Some of the questions were programming questions, while other questions were about explaining what a piece of code does. About a week later, I was informed that I did not get past that round.

Interview Questions

• For the piece of code given, what does the program do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidessa in May 2015.

Interview

Never applied before, received an invitation email from HR one day to complete an online assessment. It's consisted of 5 questions, three of which are involving data structures like linked list, tree and array. The other two questions are bug-fixing. Completed 4 of them in 150 minutes, but still got a rejection. Heard that they randomly sent lots of emails, but few were selected to move forward to next round.