Fidessa

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Delivery Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview Details – Phone Inerview, In-person Interview

Interview Question – Everything was behavioural based and bit of technical hat you have enlisted in your resume   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Support Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidessa in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with someone from NYC -- brief about my skills/experience.
I then had an interview at the Boston office where I spoke with three people and took a short technical exam on SQL/Windows/Linux -- basic stuff, nothing hard here.

Interview Question – Nothing surprising... very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my first job out of college and I didn't feel like I had a lot of room to negotiate. From what I've herd HR will take any number you've quoted and treat that as a hard cap on what they will give you... so be careful what you say.

Junior Trade Support Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidessa in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the career fair and was invited for an interview after the following week.
Interview was 2 rounds:
Round 1: interviewed with all members of the team but one. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and fit related.
Round 2: Interviewed with the Head of the service desk, competency/scenario based questions
Great working environment and culture. Beautiful Office

Interview Question – Explain different options investing strategies   Answer Question

Central Operations Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidessa in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication my email, 2 rounds of interview, meeting with 2 people. Basic question asked about the position, experience and the fields where a match could be found. very friendly setting for the interview, beautiful office with views on NY Harbor. Nice company with business casual culture

Interview Question – most challenging situation during the last year at current job and how it was solved   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Support Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and a technical exam.

The interviews were very easy and comfortable. They asked standard interview questions such as tell us about yourself and why do you want to work here. Nothing tricky just make sure you have a lot of questions to ask as they like this.

The technical exam was made up basic SQL queries, basic IIs questions, basic Window questions, questions on Unix commands, and basic troubleshooting.

It can take from 30 minutes to an hour depending on your experience.

It is either hard or easy depending on your experience.

Interview Question – Just prepare and refresh your knowledge on SQL queries, Unix commands, and basic window troubleshooting to ensure you pass the exam. I did this because it was a while since I last did SQL and it definitely helped   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – word of advice. Make sure you ask prior to the interview your salary requirements. They can meet these requirements because they do not negotiate after you get an offer.

Systems Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidessa in April 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me about the position and set up an in-person interview. Positions at Fidessa are not technical, so the technical test was not hard at all to me - it consists of writing a SQL statement, some UNIX commands, some general problem solving skills, etc. Then after the technical test, there was the interview with the hiring managers - they asked about past experiences, why I left, what did I do there, etc.

Interview Question – Coming from a different technical background, why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate through the recruiter and the recruiter got back to me. My advice would be: after you get the offer, it doesn't hurt to ask about higher salary, if they say no to higher salary you can always go back to their original offer, but as a general rule, do it after you get an offer.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidessa in November 2011.

Interview Details – Spoke to them at my career fair in september, didn't hear from them til November. Received a call on monday to set up interviews for Friday. Went into interviews, had one HR interview, 3 technical interviews and one exam. Asked C/C++ questions. Logic questions, algorithms, and a propietary language question (just to see if you can figure stuff out on the spot and go from there). They called me the monday after and extended an offer and I accepted

Interview Question – Took a test that consisted of: (but not limited to... I forgot some of the stuff...)

1) C/C++ differences in memory allocation
2) Unix commands for performance (something along those lines)
3) Proprietary language question (basic branching if/else statements)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating. They give you an offer and that's it, there's no real bargaining when you're a recent grad. They have a fixed number and they're set on that.

TA Manager Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview Details – Interview was many years ago and the process has changed. Had 2 interviews. HR Manager was 30 minutes late but that was typical of the person in the position at that time (changed a year after I joined). Not that challenging on the first IV - standard questions. Easy to answer as had the relevant experience. 2nd IV was more challenging with Director. Asked more searching questions. Job offered after 3 days of 2nd IV - salary not within my range - they adjusted it slightly and decided to take the job. Good choice. Had the best time.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions.   Answer Question

Software Support Analyst Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidessa in January 2011.

Interview Details – written test, interviews with managers & Team leaders, then finally meet HR

Interview Question – get to perpare for the UNIX system and SQL command.   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Woking, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidessa in July 2012.

Interview Details – Online programming test if you pass you get a face to face interview were you have to do another programming test. If you pass that you get another interview which is less technical and more behavioural questions

Interview Question – Describe a project you work on with conflicting requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidessa

Worked for Fidessa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidessa interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidessa employees and interview candidates.