Fidessa

Updated Dec 23, 2014

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa in November 2011.

Spoke to them at my career fair in september, didn't hear from them til November. Received a call on monday to set up interviews for Friday. Went into interviews, had one HR interview, 3 technical interviews and one exam. Asked C/C++ questions. Logic questions, algorithms, and a propietary language question (just to see if you can figure stuff out on the spot and go from there). They called me the monday after and extended an offer and I accepted

Interview Questions
    • Took a test that consisted of: (but not limited to... I forgot some of the stuff...)

1) C/C++ differences in memory allocation
      2) Unix commands for performance (something along those lines)
      3) Proprietary language question (basic branching if/else statements)

Answer Question
    Not much negotiating. They give you an offer and that's it, there's no real bargaining when you're a recent grad. They have a fixed number and they're set on that.

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa in April 2010.

A recruiter contacted me about the position and set up an in-person interview. Positions at Fidessa are not technical, so the technical test was not hard at all to me - it consists of writing a SQL statement, some UNIX commands, some general problem solving skills, etc. Then after the technical test, there was the interview with the hiring managers - they asked about past experiences, why I left, what did I do there, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from a different technical background, why do you want this position?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate through the recruiter and the recruiter got back to me. My advice would be: after you get the offer, it doesn't hurt to ask about higher salary, if they say no to higher salary you can always go back to their original offer, but as a general rule, do it after you get an offer.

Central Operations Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidessa in November 2009.

Initial communication my email, 2 rounds of interview, meeting with 2 people. Basic question asked about the position, experience and the fields where a match could be found. very friendly setting for the interview, beautiful office with views on NY Harbor. Nice company with business casual culture

Interview Questions
    • most challenging situation during the last year at current job and how it was solved   Answer Question

Software Developer (Fidessa Japan) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fidessa.

Fairly difficult interview (algorithmic problems, writing code on paper and on a whiteboard, reasoning about software design and debugging techniques). Multiple rounds with 1~3 per round. Smart and friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions from finance domain, even though it was clear from my CV I'm not from finance.   View Answer

TA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidessa.

Interview was many years ago and the process has changed. Had 2 interviews. HR Manager was 30 minutes late but that was typical of the person in the position at that time (changed a year after I joined). Not that challenging on the first IV - standard questions. Easy to answer as had the relevant experience. 2nd IV was more challenging with Director. Asked more searching questions. Job offered after 3 days of 2nd IV - salary not within my range - they adjusted it slightly and decided to take the job. Good choice. Had the best time.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidessa.

Difficult to get a time slot, but once did glad I went.
    Very nice atmosphere, engaging people and modern office.

Interview Questions
    • Some coding questions - answer there and then.
      Also give an IQ test before interview.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa.

Sent CV and covering letter by email. A few weeks later a person from HR rang me and invited me to an interview.
    There were two interviews conducted on the same day, one technical - including questions on Unix and the in-house programming language - the other more on how you would go about diagnosing a problem on a customer's site and general questions on the company and yourself.

Interview Questions
    • The in-house programming language was somewhat difficult to understand at first.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fidessa in April 2013.

Started with a phone call from HR to take a codility test. Moderate difficulty for experienced dev just need to careful with coding and consider edge cases (reverse a string kind of thing).
    Followed by in house with two more codility tests and general interview.

Interview Questions
    • Determine from an integer number of unique integers (0,1,2,3,..9) in it   View Answers (2)

Thought job might not be engaging

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidessa.

Submitted application via recruiter and had to do an analytical test on-line. Following the test, I had two interviews - one with a hiring manager, and one with the head of department. The former was more technical which included question about OOP, SQL, and issue troubleshooting. The latter was more personal and tried to gauge my career aspirations and where I would fit in with the department.
    All that is required is to have sound technical ability and to do some research about the company beforehand.

Interview Questions
    Had to make a case for my pay at the second interview. Benefits are standard across the company.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa.

They were very polite and formal dressed as expected from such a company. I failed at the programming test although I had to write only two normal difficulty functions and I had plenty of time. An advice: Although the probems were easy you must not relax because something might go wrong when you try to debug it.

Interview Questions
    • Java problem:.An integer number was given and you had to write a function that would return the unique numbers of the number e.g. 156->3, 155->2.   View Answers (2)