Fidessa Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidessa in February 2011.

1) Very easy online aptitude test
2) HR Round (HR gave brief description about the company)
3) Technical test (Constitute of 2 programming questions, questions on constructor destructor, virtual functions)
4) 2:1 interview (Discussion about the previous work done)
5) Offer on the same day

Interview Questions
  • Convert roman to integer from I(1) to M(1000)   Answer Question
  • Make a queue(or stack, i forgot), without using any library.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidessa

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidessa in February 2011.

Fairly easy online aptitude test - not technical, looking at spatial perception etc.
    Then a 2-3 week wait & eventually a fairly lengthy 1:1 interview - a technical skills test (knowledge of the language, + some algorithmic stuff) followed by a relatively informal chat with some of the development team.
    People very nice, professional and down to earth. Office itself seemed to have a slightly sterile atmosphere although I only saw a part of it.

Interview Questions
    • Had to write a C++ function to solve a particular problem (bit like a college assignment-type question).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidessa in January 2011.

1 hour written skills test consisted mainly of basic C++ questions and a small programming exercise. 1:1 Interview was also mainly focused on technical C++ questions with a few more general questions thrown in. Technical questions only scratched the surface and didn't go into much detail (e.g. for multithreading only race conditions, synchronisation and deadlocks were covered, but more advanced topics like lock contention weren't).

Interview Questions

My current employer made a better counter offer (as the package offered was only marginally better)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidessa in October 2010.

Process
    1. applied online.
    2. received an email saying will review your CV.
    3. after week or so got an email for doing online test.
    4. cleared online test and 1 week later asked to come for face to face interview.
    5. first HR round where they asked normal HR type question such as salary expectation, why want to join fidessa.
    6. Then asked to so c/c++ technical test.(if clear technical test then only you go for technical interview)
    7. after test interview with team lead and project manager.
    if you clear all these round either they will offer position there it self or will let you know in 3-5 days or so.
    I my case they informed me after 3 days and offered me position.

Interview Questions
    • mostly simple question such as what you will do if you have conflict with your team member.   Answer Question

Worked for Fidessa? Contribute to the Community!