Fidessa Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was overall pleasant. All the staff that I met were very friendly. The interview itself seemed fairly easy. Two codility tests and a two to one interview. Got free tea. Nice. More words here. Other review were very help

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time when a teammate failed in their task.   Answer Question

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

An online coding test followed by 2 more coding tests on site and an interview. Coding test could be done in Java, C# or C++. On site test had restricted internet access, so no Google!

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects I had done at university and how I had tested them   1 Answer

TA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidessa (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview was many years ago and the process has changed. Had 2 interviews. HR Manager was 30 minutes late but that was typical of the person in the position at that time (changed a year after I joined). Not that challenging on the first IV - standard questions. Easy to answer as had the relevant experience. 2nd IV was more challenging with Director. Asked more searching questions. Job offered after 3 days of 2nd IV - salary not within my range - they adjusted it slightly and decided to take the job. Good choice. Had the best time.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidessa (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Difficult to get a time slot, but once did glad I went.
    Very nice atmosphere, engaging people and modern office.

Interview Questions

• Some coding questions - answer there and then.
      Also give an IQ test before interview.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

Sent CV and covering letter by email. A few weeks later a person from HR rang me and invited me to an interview.
    There were two interviews conducted on the same day, one technical - including questions on Unix and the in-house programming language - the other more on how you would go about diagnosing a problem on a customer's site and general questions on the company and yourself.

Interview Questions

• The in-house programming language was somewhat difficult to understand at first.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone call from HR to take a codility test. Moderate difficulty for experienced dev just need to careful with coding and consider edge cases (reverse a string kind of thing).
    Followed by in house with two more codility tests and general interview.

Interview Questions

• Determine from an integer number of unique integers (0,1,2,3,..9) in it   3 Answers

Thought job might not be engaging

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidessa (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Submitted application via recruiter and had to do an analytical test on-line. Following the test, I had two interviews - one with a hiring manager, and one with the head of department. The former was more technical which included question about OOP, SQL, and issue troubleshooting. The latter was more personal and tried to gauge my career aspirations and where I would fit in with the department.
    All that is required is to have sound technical ability and to do some research about the company beforehand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had to make a case for my pay at the second interview. Benefits are standard across the company.

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

They were very polite and formal dressed as expected from such a company. I failed at the programming test although I had to write only two normal difficulty functions and I had plenty of time. An advice: Although the probems were easy you must not relax because something might go wrong when you try to debug it.

Interview Questions

• Java problem:.An integer number was given and you had to write a function that would return the unique numbers of the number e.g. 156->3, 155->2.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an agent. He forwarded my CV to Fidessa and after a couple of days they asked me to do an online programming test using Codility. I passed that test so they asked me to go to Woking for an interview. A manager greeted me, who was very friendly and took me in the assessment room. There I was asked some general questions about me and the company and then I had to take a 1 hour test again using Codility.

The problems were fairly simple in logic, though I failed because I didn't thought of some extreme cases like min/max integer and stuff like that. The code is expected to be efficient so careful when looping. I may have rushed a bit. I failed the test so the interview process stopped there.

Interview Questions

• I didn't spot the various cases that the algorithm I made could go wrong   1 Answer

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidessa (Woking, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Online programming test if you pass you get a face to face interview were you have to do another programming test. If you pass that you get another interview which is less technical and more behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you work on with conflicting requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation