Fidessa

Fidessa Interview Questions in Woking, England

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fidessa in April 2013.

Started with a phone call from HR to take a codility test. Moderate difficulty for experienced dev just need to careful with coding and consider edge cases (reverse a string kind of thing).
    Followed by in house with two more codility tests and general interview.

Interview Questions
    • Determine from an integer number of unique integers (0,1,2,3,..9) in it   View Answers (2)

Thought job might not be engaging

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa.

They were very polite and formal dressed as expected from such a company. I failed at the programming test although I had to write only two normal difficulty functions and I had plenty of time. An advice: Although the probems were easy you must not relax because something might go wrong when you try to debug it.

Interview Questions
    • Java problem:.An integer number was given and you had to write a function that would return the unique numbers of the number e.g. 156->3, 155->2.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa in July 2012.

I was contacted by an agent. He forwarded my CV to Fidessa and after a couple of days they asked me to do an online programming test using Codility. I passed that test so they asked me to go to Woking for an interview. A manager greeted me, who was very friendly and took me in the assessment room. There I was asked some general questions about me and the company and then I had to take a 1 hour test again using Codility.

The problems were fairly simple in logic, though I failed because I didn't thought of some extreme cases like min/max integer and stuff like that. The code is expected to be efficient so careful when looping. I may have rushed a bit. I failed the test so the interview process stopped there.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't spot the various cases that the algorithm I made could go wrong   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidessa in July 2012.

Online programming test if you pass you get a face to face interview were you have to do another programming test. If you pass that you get another interview which is less technical and more behavioural questions

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you work on with conflicting requirements   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa in September 2011.

I had a 1:1 interview with the team leader and manager of the department
    I was asked about what my group projects and relationships with other group members
    Given a technical test (30mins) to complete with basic technical questions

The environment is very professional and formal dress code. It is what you expect of a company in the financial software sector
    The whole experience was pleasant

Graduate Connectivity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidessa in June 2011.

Step1: Recruitment agent asked me a couple of basic level networking questions (duration 2-3 minutes)

Step2: Took an online reasoning test and got a reply from them 3-4 days afterwards

Step3: Face to face interview with 2 line managers (related to the job position)
    Was given a scripting technical test (30 minutes) for which I was told that they didn't care about right or wrong answers. They wanted to see the level of my understanding of problems and issues new to me. Some of the questions were about unix commands, basic sql and some scripting language which I had no knowledge of (I think it was made up by them). After 3-4 working days they called me for a second face to face interview.

Step4: Had 30 minutes face to face interview with the HR manager and was asked basic personality questions (eg. weaknesses, strengths,etc). Then following that, I was interviewed by 2 line managers and was asked competency questions. Nothing you can't find in a good competency inteview book.

Step4: Got a call from the reqruiter 4-5 days later with the offer.

General comments on the interview process:
    The environment was the way I expected a financial/software engineering company. Formal dress code and professionalism through out the whole process.

Hope I helped

PS:
    Will start work in the next few weeks. Can't wait!! :))

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example where you failed in a group or individual project.   Answer Question

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa in April 2011.

From the beginning company made me very welcome. I had two 1:1 interviews, each lasting approx. 45 min. typical types of question not to easy, neither very hard. I have supposed to receive feedback through the recruiter within 5 days and event though I had to call them up every Friday to ask about the result it took almost 3 weeks for Fidessa to give them an answer. During my conversation they have said that I was unsuccessful and will soon receive feedback. That was in April 2011 and still haven't heard from them. It looks like company HR is very poorly organised which you wouldn't expect that from this type of organisation. I would strongly recommend to think twice before applying. Fidessa doesn't seems like a place with a vast opportunities for progression.

Interview Questions
    • described a project you work on and you didn't succeed. What steps did you take to resolve it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • be prepared for all range of basic technical question : networking , sql, java, c+ etc.   Answer Question

C# GUI Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidessa in June 2010.

The interview process started off with an on-line psychometric test that takes about 30 mins. Once that was passed, a face-to-face interview was arranged for a couple of weeks later.

The interview started off with a 20 minute talk with an HR representative. This was fairly pointless, involved filling in a couple of forms, and being told about the company in general - normally the kind of thing that is done if and when you have passed the main interview.

Then there was a technical test. This consisted of approx 20 general c# questions, which require written answers, not multiple choice. Finally, there were 2 "problem solving" questions which were more open ended and carried a much higher points balance. The main issue with this test is that they have an answer sheet that it is marked against, and if you don't have the exact words written down as is on their answer sheet, then you get marked down, even if your answer is in fact correct. Also, the questions can be quite poorly worded and ambiguous.

There is no common sense or flexibility in the marking. For example, with one of the problem solving questions, even though I'd presented a new way of answering the question that they'd not seen before, due to a spelling error, I lost marks, even though they knew that it was a mistake.

I'm sure it may be a good company to work for, but they don't seem to value logic, initiative or creativity, only text book learning, which personally, I don't think makes for great coding.