Fido Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.5

Fido Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Fido in February 2014.

The hiring was great they explained to me what they wanted. The place seems professional. Also the interviewer was very nice he got me comfortable no stress at all had a formation for 3 days an started the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fido in March 2014.

very short phone call to arrange a interview at fido kiosk. it took around 20 mins and very easy and comfortable interview

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult and as most people know, sell my a pen....   Answer Question
    none negatioable

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fido.

Got an interview at the corporate location. Asked about sales experience, education and goals for the future.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fido in October 2010.

Did only 1 interview with store manager, asked questions about my sales skills, past experiences and general questions about my life.

Interview Questions
    • Would you report your mother if you caught her stealing?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Retention Representative (Part-time) Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fido.

Applied online at first. Then I got an email within a few days to complete a survey/questionnaire. It took me about 30mins in total. Questions started off general about experience and background related info. Then it was more like a personality/ability test. Afterwards, there's like a "test", where you have to work on some virtual simulations and pretend to be a call-center rep.

I got a call from the HR after 1-2 weeks. Because the position required a 11weeks of full-time training, if you can't do it, then you get filtered out and won't be hired. I had to call her back after I confirmed I could push back school for a few months. She gave me a phone interview on the spot when I called back. There was a situational question about how i would deal with angry customers when the system is down. That was unexpected (not in a bad way) and made the whole phone interview experience actually pretty fun. The interviewer used all my answers to add on to the original situation and to asked what I would do if more problems arose based on the situations we formed together. It was difficult, but really interactive and different.

Position seems pretty awesome as an entry-level like position: ~$16 per hour to start (~$17 an hour after 6pm); "Tribe-like" teams and team leaders; benefits and discounts.

Too bad I wasn't offered the opportunity. But I'm really grateful that they didn't leave me hanging and sent me an email by the end of that week to let me know about their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous manager say is your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, called back within 2 weeks. 1st interview with supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.. what do you know about phones   Answer Question

Wage too low

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Fido.

One on one interview with store manager

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fido.

applied in person, and then got a face to face interview; accepted the offer within a week

Interview Questions
    • randomly picked up a phone and asked me to sell the phone to customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fido in May 2012.

I emailed my resume along with a cover letter. The manager called me for an interview. I went in the store. He interviewed me right in the store. There were a lot of personality questions, strengths and weaknesses, and customer situational questions. He asked about hours of availability and pay. Towards the end, he asked me to sell him a pen.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time where you have really pissed a customer off, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fido in July 2011.

An HR staff called for a short interview.

Then face to face interview.

The interview mostly focused on sales skill.

Interview Questions
    • How to sell a pen.   Answer Question
    • Rollplaying.

The interviewer is a difficult customer, the interviewee need to respond for serveral situations.
        Answer Question

Worked for Fido? Contribute to the Community!