Fifth Third Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated May 28, 2015

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Asked about me, fairly straightforward, easy process.The hiring manager was friendly, interviewing with his staff and meeting the employees was a nice experience. Everyone was part of a good culture and team, seemed like family to me. Questions were pretty easy and just know the company information. They asked me to ask questions at the end, so have 3-4 prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for Fifth Third? The hiring manager was friendly, interviewing with his staff and meeting the employees was a nice experience. Everyone was part of a good culture and team, seemed like family to me. Questions were pretty easy and just know the company information   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very shady if your coming from within management usually already knows who they plan to hire. Also no one seemed to have answers or follow up. Their follow up is a joke.

Interview Questions

• What's is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online for one position, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested, never got a reply on that position, then when they contact me it was for a different position I also applied for. she did a phone interview and said she was going to call with a branch manager to see if he would like me to work at his position. (they kept sending me to 3 different positions) so later on that day she called me back and said the branch manager would like to have an 1-on-1 interview with me.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      why do you want this job?
      are you used to having sales goals met?
      as your manger, how do you want me to help you improve?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Was initially contacted by a recruiter who was crucial to the process and guided me through all steps of the hiring process which included a screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with a branch manager then with the regional manager and then a final interview with a HR partner. all in all it took about 3 weeks. Was your typical situation based questions, Name a time when you had to do "this", what was the situation, the action, and the result. Also with regional manager went over resume nearly line by line explaining details of each prior job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was originally offered $40,000 base pay and I countered with $42,000 and they accepted quickly.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL).

Interview

STAR interview process

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult...very generic, tell me about a time when......   Answer Question

Negotiation

External candidates can negotiate more than internal candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Easy process for anyone with half a brain. I feel as though the job is not accurately described to potential employees regarding the day-to-day responsibilities of the role. HR staff is polite and generally helpful. After offer, drug test, background check, and standard onboarding procedures apply. Training is a fairly boring and painful portion of work that does not really leave one well-prepared to start on the job.

Interview Questions

• Just be prepared to talk about yourself and answer questions about sales skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Reviewed my resume and asked standard questions (focused on my lack of experience). The interview process was pretty easy and straightforward. This 50 word minimum seems a little ridiculous when the interview process was easy.

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Everyone has to apply online initially. Then screening phone interview with a recruiter. Then interview with a Regional Manager. Then potentially an interview with the Affiliate manager.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward. Fifth Third is very obsessed with widgets so be prepared to talk about specific things you have done to increase sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was competitive. There is definitely wiggle room in initial offers. Benefits are competitive.

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very quick. I have very unique management style. Usually banking is quite conservative. The management in my area is much more liberal. We are in a very unique market. Sales and personalities are much more appreciated than banking skill. Getting hired isn't possible without previous sales experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult sale? How did you overcome the objection and how can you translate that to banking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would have been able to negotiate, but I was actually offered and extremely competitive package. The only thing I didn't like was weekend work, but that wasn't negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Recruiter was very pleasant. After in person interview with Financial Center Manager, very intimidating phone interview with the Regional Manager. Every answer had two or three additional questions following. Probably the toughest interview I've ever had.

Negotiation

No negotiating. I later found others in my position who successfully negotiated additional vacation time.