Fifth Third

Fifth Third Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

Customer Service Representative/Teller Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

I applied online for one position, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested, never got a reply on that position, then when they contact me it was for a different position I also applied for. she did a phone interview and said she was going to call with a branch manager to see if he would like me to work at his position. (they kept sending me to 3 different positions) so later on that day she called me back and said the branch manager would like to have an 1-on-1 interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      why do you want this job?
      are you used to having sales goals met?
      as your manger, how do you want me to help you improve?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

Was initially contacted by a recruiter who was crucial to the process and guided me through all steps of the hiring process which included a screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with a branch manager then with the regional manager and then a final interview with a HR partner. all in all it took about 3 weeks. Was your typical situation based questions, Name a time when you had to do "this", what was the situation, the action, and the result. Also with regional manager went over resume nearly line by line explaining details of each prior job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Was originally offered $40,000 base pay and I countered with $42,000 and they accepted quickly.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fifth Third.

STAR interview process

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult...very generic, tell me about a time when......   Answer Question
    External candidates can negotiate more than internal candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2013.

Easy process for anyone with half a brain. I feel as though the job is not accurately described to potential employees regarding the day-to-day responsibilities of the role. HR staff is polite and generally helpful. After offer, drug test, background check, and standard onboarding procedures apply. Training is a fairly boring and painful portion of work that does not really leave one well-prepared to start on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared to talk about yourself and answer questions about sales skills   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Everyone has to apply online initially. Then screening phone interview with a recruiter. Then interview with a Regional Manager. Then potentially an interview with the Affiliate manager.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward. Fifth Third is very obsessed with widgets so be prepared to talk about specific things you have done to increase sales.   Answer Question
    Salary was competitive. There is definitely wiggle room in initial offers. Benefits are competitive.

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

It was very quick. I have very unique management style. Usually banking is quite conservative. The management in my area is much more liberal. We are in a very unique market. Sales and personalities are much more appreciated than banking skill. Getting hired isn't possible without previous sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult sale? How did you overcome the objection and how can you translate that to banking?   View Answer
    I would have been able to negotiate, but I was actually offered and extremely competitive package. The only thing I didn't like was weekend work, but that wasn't negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2012.

Recruiter was very pleasant. After in person interview with Financial Center Manager, very intimidating phone interview with the Regional Manager. Every answer had two or three additional questions following. Probably the toughest interview I've ever had.

No negotiating. I later found others in my position who successfully negotiated additional vacation time.

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2011.

it was very easay I sat with the Branch Manager first who aasked all ogf the typical intreview questions and I guess once I was given a golden ticket to the Lead Customer Service Rep at the time she then came in ti interview me I guess to see if we would be able to work well together. But nothing out of the ordinary things were asked such as what was my five year goal and why do I enjoy working in retail banking.

Interview Questions
    • if I were stuck on an island and could only have 3 things what would they be.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fifth Third in January 2011.

Initially applied online, sending in a resume and cover letter. I recieved an e-mail from one of the Financial Center Managers. After setting up an interview, I met him face to face a week later. Make sure you come well dressed and prepared with a couple resumes, a notepad and pen, and a list of your references.

Teller (Customer Service Representative ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third in August 2010.

I walked in to a location and asked if they were looking for help. The manager was impressed with my initiative and after speaking with me for a short time recommended that I officially apply online. A few days later HR called with a phone interview and that same day I scheduled my in-person interview. During the interview I was asked how much sales experience I have, do I feel comfortable working weekends/overtime, and a time I had a conflict/how I overcame it and other questions related to teamwork.

I was offered the job on the spot. Based on my experience academically and professionally the manager wanted to move me into a more advanced corporate position within 6 months. I wouldn't say this is a typical situation.

The manager and the HR rep were both very pleasant but the haul to take the drug test and the background check was ridiculous. Much too far. I live in the city of Chicago and I had to travel nearly 2 hours by train into the suburbs. No compensation offered for this time either. The company seems too bureauratic with red tape that I imagine makes many of its employees quite unhappy.

The training sessions are also located in the suburbs and this is totally inconvenient for anyone who doesn't drive.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you saw a problem and used team work to address that problem?   Answer Question
    Based on my experience, I was able to negotiate for their highest rate for this position.