Fifth Third Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative/Teller Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

I applied online for one position, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested, never got a reply on that position, then when they contact me it was for a different position I also applied for. she did a phone interview and said she was going to call with a branch manager to see if he would like me to work at his position. (they kept sending me to 3 different positions) so later on that day she called me back and said the branch manager would like to have an 1-on-1 interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      why do you want this job?
      are you used to having sales goals met?
      as your manger, how do you want me to help you improve?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

Was initially contacted by a recruiter who was crucial to the process and guided me through all steps of the hiring process which included a screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with a branch manager then with the regional manager and then a final interview with a HR partner. all in all it took about 3 weeks. Was your typical situation based questions, Name a time when you had to do "this", what was the situation, the action, and the result. Also with regional manager went over resume nearly line by line explaining details of each prior job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Was originally offered $40,000 base pay and I countered with $42,000 and they accepted quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2013.

Easy process for anyone with half a brain. I feel as though the job is not accurately described to potential employees regarding the day-to-day responsibilities of the role. HR staff is polite and generally helpful. After offer, drug test, background check, and standard onboarding procedures apply. Training is a fairly boring and painful portion of work that does not really leave one well-prepared to start on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared to talk about yourself and answer questions about sales skills   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in October 2011.

it was very easay I sat with the Branch Manager first who aasked all ogf the typical intreview questions and I guess once I was given a golden ticket to the Lead Customer Service Rep at the time she then came in ti interview me I guess to see if we would be able to work well together. But nothing out of the ordinary things were asked such as what was my five year goal and why do I enjoy working in retail banking.

Interview Questions
    • if I were stuck on an island and could only have 3 things what would they be.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in December 2009.

5/3 recruiter contacted me we did an impromptu phone interview and scheduled an in person interview with the regional manager for about a week later. I met with himm for 4hrs and was called the next day with an emailed job offer. We did negotiate both in salary terms and vacation time.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was just 2 guys talking for 4hrs. Didn't even feel like an actual interview.   Answer Question
    There offer was my was a 10% increase from my previous employer same time off ect...

In the negotiation i got a additional 10% and week vacation time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2009.

One of the recruiters will reach out via phone or email to do a phone screen. They will set up an interview with the hiring manager. The downside is that you can interview with quite a few managers if they don't feel like you're the right fit for their office.

Interview Questions
    very little wiggle room if you do not have over several years of experience and FINRA licenses

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Fifth Third.

STAR interview process

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult...very generic, tell me about a time when......   Answer Question
    External candidates can negotiate more than internal candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Everyone has to apply online initially. Then screening phone interview with a recruiter. Then interview with a Regional Manager. Then potentially an interview with the Affiliate manager.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward. Fifth Third is very obsessed with widgets so be prepared to talk about specific things you have done to increase sales.   Answer Question
    Salary was competitive. There is definitely wiggle room in initial offers. Benefits are competitive.

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

It was very quick. I have very unique management style. Usually banking is quite conservative. The management in my area is much more liberal. We are in a very unique market. Sales and personalities are much more appreciated than banking skill. Getting hired isn't possible without previous sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult sale? How did you overcome the objection and how can you translate that to banking?   View Answer
    I would have been able to negotiate, but I was actually offered and extremely competitive package. The only thing I didn't like was weekend work, but that wasn't negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2012.

Recruiter was very pleasant. After in person interview with Financial Center Manager, very intimidating phone interview with the Regional Manager. Every answer had two or three additional questions following. Probably the toughest interview I've ever had.

No negotiating. I later found others in my position who successfully negotiated additional vacation time.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!