Fifth Third Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.8

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Interview was formal and consisted of an on-campus Career Fair where a resume was accepted and first-impressions made, then invited to a follow up behavioral-based interview with 3 to 4 executives for first-round of on-campus interviews. Next, invitated back to second and final round of interviews at Fifth Third's corporate offices, where there were 10-12 (two-person team) interviews consisting of a mixture of behavioral-based and technical experience interview questions over 6-hours. Although lengthly and through, the experience was not overly difficult for a prepared prospect. There were over 20 prospects in attendance for final round of interviews and lunch was provided mid-way through the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult problem/customer and how you dealt/responded?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you are a good fit for this particular position?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a controversial issue and how you addressed it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair market-value offer presented with limited negotiation considerations given that the company identified a good fit for the position.

Treasury Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The group is located in downtown Cincinnati. I had a couple of friends working in other analytics groups in the company, and they seemed to be pretty happy with the overall culture of the company. The hiring manager and team members also placed a lot of emphasis on the team culture, which I believe is good.

The interview involved 2 phone interviews and an on-site interview with 4 managers and a peer Quantitative Analyst. The questions are primarily about my personality/characters, and had very little to do with my technical skills. I learned from my last round of interview with a peer quantitative analyst that the group primarily use Excel for their work, which was very disturbing to me. So I think this group would probably not value my skill set as a statistician based on what I learned from this interview. I guess if you're a more business oriented person, this would be a better fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with someone that is difficult to work with? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with linear regression with AR(1) errors?   Answer Question

College Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Included an initial on campus interview, where I sat one on one with an employee from the audit department. During this time I was asked a few questions all ranging from my resume to situational experience. After the first interview I was invited to Cincinnati for two additional interviews where I was given a tour and had lunch with other employees in the audit department. Essentially they gave me there perspective of what a day in the life working for Fifth Third would be like.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when they asked me to name a time when I had to deal with an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on 9/15/14. Received call from HR for phone interview on 10/01/14. Phone interview went well. Called me back the next day to schedule in person interview. Face to face interview went very well too; thinking that I will get the job. However, after a week, i got a rejection email.

Finance and Accounting Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I networked with a grad from my school and went straight to the super day in Cincinnati at their headquarters. I had two one on one interviews which were just basic behavioral going over my resume. We had two panel sessions as well. The first is just with the current FALP employees and the second is with employees in different areas of the company. It seemed to go well.

Interview Questions

• None really, just the basics. Why do you want to work for Fifth Third?   Answer Question

Operations Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Interview

After an initial phone screen, the final interview process was a half day of 6 - 30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle if an employee was crying because they were late for the 10th time and you had a deadline to meet?   Answer Question

Homeowners Assistance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Was hired on after working through temp service, no interview, just asked if I wanted the position after 90 days at the temp place

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there? What experience did I have?   Answer Question

Vault Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online, literally got a response the same day, Had a phone interview with recruiter and set up my in person interview within 3 days later. I arrived early and waited 15 min to sign in, and continued to wait the extra 15 min for the manager. When 2 arrived to get me, the one had made a very rude comment about the interview time, (not to me directly rude like I should have showed up on the dot, not 15 min early). So that already put my nerves on edge. Went into a closed off room, and began the process. It was a behavioral interview. They took turns asking questions, taking notes. They went into all this detail about certain job stuff as if they really liked me. Telling me casual wear, where to park, what they do on down time, they had me going crazy because I felt I was in. They then asked after telling me all this are you able to perform the duties. I said yes, I was smiling, anxious. Then they pulled a fast one on me and asked me how much did I want to make an hour. I just blurted out a number because I was over excited. But to be honest it was only 2 dollars more then starting pay, not to mention I had all of the qualifications and more for the job. Literally that was the end of the interview. They got up and I just said thank you for your time. They didn't show any respect truthfully from the very beginning. One point during the interview the one even wrote down something and showed the other, that one just shook there head no. How is that professional in any way. Not once even did we talk about my skills or abilities.

DB2 Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Very well organised. Clear concise questions from six interviewers covered everything from technical knowledge to moral dilemmas!

Interview Questions

• "Have you ever been asked to do something you did not want to do"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. The offer was very good and the only thing I had to negotiate was an extra week of vacation.

Claims Dispute Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

The process is very cut and dry. The same questions are asked in every interview. I have had 4 interviews and both of them had the same questions. Typically asking your strengths, weaknesses, what you would do in difficult situations, unpopular decisions you have made etc. I was interviewed by two managers, one male the other female.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question i was asked is what my biggest weakness is. I would suggest to create a weakness that can be viewed as bonus to the employer, such as getting caught up in your work or working too hard.   Answer Question