Fifth Third

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mortgage Fulfillment Manager Interview

Mortgage Fulfillment Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with the staffing agency first, and then phone interview with HR, which set up a on site interview with trainer, manager , VP, and HR. We advise by VP that I would be hire on the spot. Set up another meeting with my direct manager a week later.

Interview Question – The VP and Trainer ask the standard question. How do you handle difficult employees and customers. And give a example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given the salary I requested. My advice to anyone looking to work for Fifth Third is to accept the offer. This is one of the best company I've work for if I ever get the opportunity to work for them again I would take it immediately.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in January 2011.

Interview Details – Explain a time where you had a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve the situation

Interview Question – A time that you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in August 2012.

Interview Details – The 5/3 interview structure is a format-driven STAR interview. You will be asked questions like: "tell me about a time when you accomplished something that you originally didn't think you could?" You must answer by describing the Situation, the Task that was undertaken, the Action that you took & then the Result of all of that. The more quantifiable answers that you use, the better. E.g. I worked for XYZ bank as a personal banker. We were asked to achieve a sales goal of $X, which was twice last year's goal so I didn't think we'd be able to do it. I researched the tools made available to us by Marketing and discussed using the ABC plan to increase our customer cross-sell ratios at the team meeting with the other PBs and the Manager. We changed the plan a bit so that everyone was bought in. We implemented ABC plan with some extra effort during [whenever] because of [whatever]. We all worked some overtime to chip in, but to keep overtime to a minimum, we [did whatever] so that we could respect the team's work life balance. At the end of the year we exceeded goal by 10%. We were the only branch to even hit goal that year, as the typical branch was at 80% or lower to goal. We wouldn't have been able to do it if we hadn't come together as a team. Gaining the intial buy-in to the Plan as well as the excellent leadership and support provided by our Manager was what made all the differenence.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. All answers are expected to be STAR answers. If you leave out an element of the STAR story (such as the result), you will lose significant points and will likely blow the interview.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fifth Third interview questions and advice in Columbus, OH. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fifth Third employees and interview candidates.