Fifth Third Consumer Banking Internship Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Consumer Banking Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third in November 2011.

I interviewed once on campus, with two of their recruiters. Both were very friendly, and asked a few questions about my resume, and a few fairly standard behavioral questions. I was contacted two weeks later, and asked to drive to Cincinnati for an additional two interviews with the program director, and another higher-up in the consumer banking division. These were "get to know you" interviews, with questions about my background, and a lot of time for me to ask questions. After the two interviews I was given a tour, and the opportunity to ask questions of the current CLP participants (2 year rotational program for fresh college grads). I was offered $16 an hour, but accepted a better offer with a larger company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time in which you had to do something you did not want to do.   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in Consumer Banking?   Answer Question

I was offered $16 an hour, but accepted a better offer with a larger company. While everyone at Fifth Third was very nice, and the program sounded fairly interesting, consumer banking is not where I'd optimally like to start my career.