Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fifth Third
- Customer Service Representative (35)
- Personal Banker (16)
- Retail Personal Banker (11)
- Financial Center Manager (8)
- Teller (7)
- Lead Customer Service Representative (6)
- Customer Service Representative/Teller (6)
- Bank Teller (4)
- Intern (4)
- Credit Analyst (4)
- Customer Service Manager (4)
- Branch Manager (3)
- Investment Advisor (3)
- Licensed Personal Banker (3)
- Finance and Accounting Leadership Program (2)
- Financial Leadership Program (2)
- Finance (2)
- Financial Services Representative (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Staff Auditor (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (2)
- Sales (2)
- Associate Portfolio Manager (2)
- Mortgage Loan Officer (2)
- Customer Service Professional (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Retail Associate (2)
- Information Technology Leadership Program (2)
- Audit Leadership Program (1)
Customer Service Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third.
I first had a phone interview with a recruiter employed with 5/3 and then met on site with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager.
- The questions were very common interview questions for a CSM role. Such as, "What would you do with a customer who may have this type of issue...." Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third
Customer Service Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cleveland, OH) in October 2011.
The interview was held In person interview was held with yhe branch manager and the lead CSR. I was asked to wear business professional attire and bring my resume.
- Like all business, profits are made by selling our banking products. How comfortable are you with sales? When was there a time where you have had experience with sales? Answer Question
Customer Service Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Tampa, FL) in March 2010.
was referred by an internal employee- got a call back the second day recruiter scheduled a 1 hr phone interview, then she said she would call me back for a time to meet with the branch manager she called me back 2 days later I met with the branch manager 3 days later the recruiter called me back to say I had passed my first interview and to let me know they would like to move me to the next step (which is another face to face interview with the regional manager- which I did not know anything about, I thought I was only meeting with the branch manager) met with the regional manager 2 days later- recruiter called me to let me know I had to meet with the Marget Manager- met with the market manager 2 days later and the recruiter called me 5 days after offering me the job.
I was able to negotiate
Customer Service Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2008.
Recruiter Called me and talk to me about the job, a week later had interview with Branch Manager, 3 days later interviewed with Regional and other Branch Manager. Very Repetitive work, you will not like, it gets easy but very boring. If you are fine with not being able to move up, that this job, you might make it to Branch Manager and stay there for a long time until demoted.
- Tell me a time you had to correct someone's behavior at work STAR behavioral question. 1 Answer
Not professional, recruiter offered $50k - 55K but later recruiter low balled me for less, I decided to take the job because I needed it at that time, not because I was content of taking it. Recruiter and Regional left a bad taste in my mouth and still decided to go through until I found something more meaningful.