Fifth Third

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.5

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed with my branch manager. The interview had some pretty standard questions, such as "give me a time when you had to be a team leader" "Explain a time that you faced hardship in one of your previous jobs" etc. My branchmanager has a really great personality and made the interview fun and no pressure.

Interview Questions
  • "why do you want to work for 5/3? What makes us stand out from the rest?"   Answer Question
no negotiation. Standard CSR pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

Applied on 9/15/14. Received call from HR for phone interview on 10/01/14. Phone interview went well. Called me back the next day to schedule in person interview. Face to face interview went very well too; thinking that I will get the job. However, after a week, i got a rejection email.

Customer Service Representative Interview

long interview process, two to three weeks. got a call from the recruiter and the regional manager with a job offer. background and drug test. did not start training until 3 weeks after the interview date. make sure to not give a forwarded email, i did not receive any of the post interview e-mails.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in August 2014.

The entire process took over one month to complete for a part time position. I had to interview with a manager at the branch I was to work at and another branch manager from a different location. They were slow to follow up and eventually I knew I had the position when I had to provide approval for a credit check for a future higher level position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a bank product to a customer who says no?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in April 2014.

I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Questions
    • They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Took a long time to get a call-back. I applied in September and was called for a phone screen in December. Interviewed with the specific branch a week later and was hired with a start date in January.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third in July 2013.

Things started off on the wrong foot when the lady calling to conduct my phone interview was an hour late with no explanation. Over half of the interview was her apologizing for her computer being slow. I could tell she was very unprepared. Once I got to the branch itself I immediately looked around and noticed that all of the tellers and other employees were middle-aged to older African American females. I am a mid-20's white man so I knew right off the bat I was at a disadvantage. The manager came out to greet me, seemed very emotionless, but her assistant was a very nice, friendly lady. I could tell right off the bat I wouldn't get the job because they kept asking questions about all of my other jobs that I didn't like, managers that I didn't like, co-workers that I didn't get along with, etc. I've always heard that you never bash a previous employer, so I tried my best to put a positive spin on every negative question, but the manager kept asking me to use specific examples of things about my past jobs I didn't like. Then she asked where I lived and seemed to not like the fact that I lived about a 20 minute drive from the branch. I live in a large city and this is not uncommon at all, but she kept asking me questions about my car...when is the last time it broke down, when is the last time it wouldn't start, when is the last time I was late to work because of my car (which I never have). The entire time I felt as if she was trying to find anything she could to use against me. After the interview, I thanked both of the managers for their time, I even sent a follow-up email thanking them for the opportunity. The manager assured me, even said that they're one of those companies that ALWAYS follows up with interviews and lets the candidate know one way or the other whether or not they got the job. I waited and waited and never heard anything back from either one of them. The entire process seemed pretty unprofessional. I don't believe this is a company problem though, I believe that this was a branch problem.

Interview Questions
    • "Why don't you have a newer, more reliable car?" after answering the question, "What kind of car do you drive?" My ten year old very reliable car didn't seem good enough, as I had a 20 minute commute (which isn't too bad for the large city I live in).   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

Submitted app online and was contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later. Did a quick interview on the phone and then he had his senior recruiter call me back later the same day to finish the interview. Recruiter then set up an appt for an interview at the branch for me 2 days later. Interviewed with the branch manager, about an hour. Went very well. Told me they had 2 other interview and I would be contacted the middle of the next week. I was called that next Wed by the HR dept and offered the position for a much higher wage than the recruiter thought was possible. I accepted. :)

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to refer a customer to another line or company to better suit their needs?   Answer Question
    I had initially been told the position started between $10.25-$10.75 by the recruiter when I told him I was looking for $11-$12. He didn't think that was possible. But when I got the offer from HR I was offered $12, so I gladly accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cadillac, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cadillac, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2013.

Phone interview is important to impressing the recruiter. They stress dressing nice, guys at least wear a tie, and women, put the "ladies" away. Basic interview, but I felt I had to pry more than I wanted to know whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a time when you had to do something unexpected.   Answer Question
    Basic, simple. Email confirmation, background check paperwork, and drug test location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Township, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Township, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in November 2012.

I initially talked to a CSR at another location inquiring about open positions. I had a phone interview with the regional hiring manager, and she then set up an interview with the FCM at the branch I work at now. I had an interview with the FCM and CSM in an office and it lasted about 1.5 hours. The best advice is to ASK QUESTIONS! They love to be asked a lot of good questions.

My thoughts about the interview:
    1: Everyone working that day kept looking at me as if they were longing for more help or were just curious to see who was interviewing
    2: Dress professionally, of course. I wore a black business suit with white shirt and blue tie.
    3: Managers were very interested and didn't let me do all the talking.
    4: Just have a conversation with them. That's all an interview is! Both parties want to get to know the other!
    5: COME PREPARED! I had a folder with questions and typical interview questions all typed out so if I needed to, I could look back and answer any question they had.
    6: Ask for the job. I said: "So, is there anything preventing you from hiring me today?" All they said was that they had to do another interview but I was very promising.
    7: I asked about the team's culture there and they seemed to love that question.

I was contacted less than a week later with the job offer. I accepted and I then had to do a drug and fingerprint screening test less than a week after I accepted the offer. After the results of the two tests, you then go downtown (I'm in Cincinnati) to get your picture taken for your badge and for onboarding. The process is interesting because all new hires go through this process, so you're in a room with PB's and managers and other CSR's. Kind of feel weird sitting next to someone almost twice your age!

You then go to training for about a month or so at a different location where you practice deposits, withdrawals and other transactions. You get trained on everything you need to know. This hands on training is paired with e-learnings that can be helpful. It is easy to understand once you get the hang of it.

After training, you're then trained again at your branch where you'll be working at. You watch other CSR's and how they interact with the customers. It's a little awkward just standing there as you don't really know what to do just yet. It's immersion at it's finest! In about a week or so you run your first drawer and that's the entire process!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Maybe: "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?"   View Answer
    There is no point in negotiating as it is the standard amount given to low level new CSR's, and everyone gets the same amount. Advice to those considering an offer: TAKE IT!