Fifth Third Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Tuesday was asked to a phone interview by email the following day. I spoke with the lady for about half an hour and it was literally everything that she emailed me to answer.

Interview Questions

• What are my career goals?   1 Answer
  • What experience did I have in CSR?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2015.

Interview

It was very relaxing and easy. They asked me basic questions about my skills and qualifications. I was also asked some questions about myself. We spent most of the time talking about how things worked at the branch and getting to know each other. It was a great environment and the interview was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had a conflict with a team member or coworker?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I interviewed with my branch manager. The interview had some pretty standard questions, such as "give me a time when you had to be a team leader" "Explain a time that you faced hardship in one of your previous jobs" etc. My branchmanager has a really great personality and made the interview fun and no pressure.

Interview Questions

• "why do you want to work for 5/3? What makes us stand out from the rest?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. Standard CSR pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on 9/15/14. Received call from HR for phone interview on 10/01/14. Phone interview went well. Called me back the next day to schedule in person interview. Face to face interview went very well too; thinking that I will get the job. However, after a week, i got a rejection email.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

long interview process, two to three weeks. got a call from the recruiter and the regional manager with a job offer. background and drug test. did not start training until 3 weeks after the interview date. make sure to not give a forwarded email, i did not receive any of the post interview e-mails.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third in August 2014.

Interview

The entire process took over one month to complete for a part time position. I had to interview with a manager at the branch I was to work at and another branch manager from a different location. They were slow to follow up and eventually I knew I had the position when I had to provide approval for a credit check for a future higher level position.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a bank product to a customer who says no?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2014.

Interview

easy easy easy a lot of STAR questions....pretty simple, a lot of common sense questions. if you do a little background research you should be fine. also CSR does not require a college degree, they are starting to look for ones who do have one. once you have been with this company for a year you are able to move around and pretty much do anything you want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Questions

• They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Took a long time to get a call-back. I applied in September and was called for a phone screen in December. Interviewed with the specific branch a week later and was hired with a start date in January.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy and expected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Things started off on the wrong foot when the lady calling to conduct my phone interview was an hour late with no explanation. Over half of the interview was her apologizing for her computer being slow. I could tell she was very unprepared. Once I got to the branch itself I immediately looked around and noticed that all of the tellers and other employees were middle-aged to older African American females. I am a mid-20's white man so I knew right off the bat I was at a disadvantage. The manager came out to greet me, seemed very emotionless, but her assistant was a very nice, friendly lady. I could tell right off the bat I wouldn't get the job because they kept asking questions about all of my other jobs that I didn't like, managers that I didn't like, co-workers that I didn't get along with, etc. I've always heard that you never bash a previous employer, so I tried my best to put a positive spin on every negative question, but the manager kept asking me to use specific examples of things about my past jobs I didn't like. Then she asked where I lived and seemed to not like the fact that I lived about a 20 minute drive from the branch. I live in a large city and this is not uncommon at all, but she kept asking me questions about my car...when is the last time it broke down, when is the last time it wouldn't start, when is the last time I was late to work because of my car (which I never have). The entire time I felt as if she was trying to find anything she could to use against me. After the interview, I thanked both of the managers for their time, I even sent a follow-up email thanking them for the opportunity. The manager assured me, even said that they're one of those companies that ALWAYS follows up with interviews and lets the candidate know one way or the other whether or not they got the job. I waited and waited and never heard anything back from either one of them. The entire process seemed pretty unprofessional. I don't believe this is a company problem though, I believe that this was a branch problem.

Interview Questions

• "Why don't you have a newer, more reliable car?" after answering the question, "What kind of car do you drive?" My ten year old very reliable car didn't seem good enough, as I had a 20 minute commute (which isn't too bad for the large city I live in).   Answer Question