Fifth Third Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I interviewed with my branch manager. The interview had some pretty standard questions, such as "give me a time when you had to be a team leader" "Explain a time that you faced hardship in one of your previous jobs" etc. My branchmanager has a really great personality and made the interview fun and no pressure.

Interview Questions

• "why do you want to work for 5/3? What makes us stand out from the rest?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. Standard CSR pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on 9/15/14. Received call from HR for phone interview on 10/01/14. Phone interview went well. Called me back the next day to schedule in person interview. Face to face interview went very well too; thinking that I will get the job. However, after a week, i got a rejection email.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

long interview process, two to three weeks. got a call from the recruiter and the regional manager with a job offer. background and drug test. did not start training until 3 weeks after the interview date. make sure to not give a forwarded email, i did not receive any of the post interview e-mails.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in August 2014.

Interview

The entire process took over one month to complete for a part time position. I had to interview with a manager at the branch I was to work at and another branch manager from a different location. They were slow to follow up and eventually I knew I had the position when I had to provide approval for a credit check for a future higher level position.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a bank product to a customer who says no?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2014.

Interview

easy easy easy a lot of STAR questions....pretty simple, a lot of common sense questions. if you do a little background research you should be fine. also CSR does not require a college degree, they are starting to look for ones who do have one. once you have been with this company for a year you are able to move around and pretty much do anything you want.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Questions

• They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Took a long time to get a call-back. I applied in September and was called for a phone screen in December. Interviewed with the specific branch a week later and was hired with a start date in January.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy and expected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Things started off on the wrong foot when the lady calling to conduct my phone interview was an hour late with no explanation. Over half of the interview was her apologizing for her computer being slow. I could tell she was very unprepared. Once I got to the branch itself I immediately looked around and noticed that all of the tellers and other employees were middle-aged to older African American females. I am a mid-20's white man so I knew right off the bat I was at a disadvantage. The manager came out to greet me, seemed very emotionless, but her assistant was a very nice, friendly lady. I could tell right off the bat I wouldn't get the job because they kept asking questions about all of my other jobs that I didn't like, managers that I didn't like, co-workers that I didn't get along with, etc. I've always heard that you never bash a previous employer, so I tried my best to put a positive spin on every negative question, but the manager kept asking me to use specific examples of things about my past jobs I didn't like. Then she asked where I lived and seemed to not like the fact that I lived about a 20 minute drive from the branch. I live in a large city and this is not uncommon at all, but she kept asking me questions about my car...when is the last time it broke down, when is the last time it wouldn't start, when is the last time I was late to work because of my car (which I never have). The entire time I felt as if she was trying to find anything she could to use against me. After the interview, I thanked both of the managers for their time, I even sent a follow-up email thanking them for the opportunity. The manager assured me, even said that they're one of those companies that ALWAYS follows up with interviews and lets the candidate know one way or the other whether or not they got the job. I waited and waited and never heard anything back from either one of them. The entire process seemed pretty unprofessional. I don't believe this is a company problem though, I believe that this was a branch problem.

Interview Questions

• "Why don't you have a newer, more reliable car?" after answering the question, "What kind of car do you drive?" My ten year old very reliable car didn't seem good enough, as I had a 20 minute commute (which isn't too bad for the large city I live in).   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Submitted app online and was contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later. Did a quick interview on the phone and then he had his senior recruiter call me back later the same day to finish the interview. Recruiter then set up an appt for an interview at the branch for me 2 days later. Interviewed with the branch manager, about an hour. Went very well. Told me they had 2 other interview and I would be contacted the middle of the next week. I was called that next Wed by the HR dept and offered the position for a much higher wage than the recruiter thought was possible. I accepted. :)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to refer a customer to another line or company to better suit their needs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had initially been told the position started between $10.25-$10.75 by the recruiter when I told him I was looking for $11-$12. He didn't think that was possible. But when I got the offer from HR I was offered $12, so I gladly accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cadillac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cadillac, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview is important to impressing the recruiter. They stress dressing nice, guys at least wear a tie, and women, put the "ladies" away. Basic interview, but I felt I had to pry more than I wanted to know whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time when you had to do something unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basic, simple. Email confirmation, background check paperwork, and drug test location.