Fifth Third

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an HR representative, while I was working for another bank, without even submitting to a job. Had a nice 15 minute phone interview about my current/similar role in banking to gauge my approach to business and my motivations at work. Was offered an in-person interview at a local branch with the branch manager. Branch manager interview was by the books with about 8 questions from 5/3's handbook. Typical "what would you do with an irate customer?" type questions. Asked many questions about my sales numbers and meeting quotas at my previous jobs, as well as, questions about customer feedback etc.

After about 3 days following the in-person interview, they offered me a Financial Services Representative position at that branch. Salary was negotiable, but was 140% higher than my previous bank's salary, and the position was mostly the same. I was very happy to accept the offer.

Interview Question – Tell us about an approach you undertook to meet hard sales quotas.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in April 2012.

Interview Details – FSR position:
This is by far the best hiring/interview process I have encounter with any company. I applied online via the website it took around 3 months for them to contact me. I had a phone interview which was your basic introductory questions and then she scheduled me for a 1:1 interview with the branch manager. This was more formal, asking three behavioral questions, as well a personality questions. Then an interview with the district manager. At this point I wasn't sure if this was going to be a move I was ready to make. I had invested so much time at my current employer I was getting cold feet. I would have to say this interview put assurance into place and I was 100% comfortable in my decision to brake free from the chains. In all the interviewing process took about 2 weeks. I got the call offering me the position. I was delighted. My experience had been by far the best and I was ready to be part of the team.

PB position offered; interviewed with the branch manager and regional management. AGAIN very pleasant and business driven! Because this was not the original position I applied for they were very head on on what they position entailed and that I was completely ready to take this challenge on. I loved the approach!

I HAVE TO SAY I AM SO EXCITED TO BE PART OF THIS TEAM. THEY DID EVERYTHING RIGHT!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to give an unpopular resolution.   Answer Question
  • Give me an example with a teammate came to you for guidance/assistance/help   Answer Question
  • Name a time where your current employer implemented a change, how did you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes! They came with an offer for the position. After reviewing the compensation offer I was unable to accept the position. I was devastated because I have been so pleased with the whole experience. She understood my concerns and told me she was going to call the district manager to see what else they could offer me. I received the call the same day to see what was available, the position that I applied for was not budgeted to offer me the pay I was desiring, so they offered me the next position up. WOW! I was grateful. They truly made me feel like NUMBER ONE! I had to meet with the branch manager and district manager two days later. Nailed it!

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2009.

Interview Details – I got the interview from an on campus career center. the interview was standard. A recuter called me and then i went on a second interview with the hiring manager. after that process i was called in by the recruter and sent an email with an offer letter. Two weeks later i went to training.

Interview Question – What in you?r college experience that you enjoyed the most   Answer Question

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!