Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

I found the process quite tedious. Applying online and finally getting a response back about a week later through email from a recruiter. She sent me about 5 interview questions and after emailing my responses I received a call from her the same week. She told me I answered the questions very well and seemed encouraging. She then told me I would receive a call from another recruiter within the next 5 days.

I did not receive the call until over a week later. But finally this recruiter set me up with a in-person interview with a manager a branch. When I walked in for the interview, the manager had me wait for about 15 minutes and didn't seem enthusiastic about interviewing me.

Nonetheless, we sat down and he read off interview questions from a paper. And also told me he hadn't reviewed my resume. Yet he was friendly and also seemed encouraging about getting the job. I asked a couple questions to show interest and he complimented one of my questions, saying it was a very good question to ask. At the end he told me he'd be reaching out to me within the next few days. I felt confident I would get the call because I felt I had done a great job and answered all the questions strongly.

I was never called back. And had given this job opportunity shy of a month of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.

What are ways to upsell?

Can you meet sales goals?

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fifth Third.

I was only able to get a phone interview with the internal recruiter despite having years of project management experience at a Fortune 500 company in the area. If you are not on the top performer list don't even bother applying for other positions within the company. The bank only takes into consideration what work experience you have within Fifth Third so even if you have tons of work experience from priors jobs it won't matter.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a time when you had a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview was formal and consisted of an on-campus Career Fair where a resume was accepted and first-impressions made, then invited to a follow up behavioral-based interview with 3 to 4 executives for first-round of on-campus interviews. Next, invitated back to second and final round of interviews at Fifth Third's corporate offices, where there were 10-12 (two-person team) interviews consisting of a mixture of behavioral-based and technical experience interview questions over 6-hours. Although lengthly and through, the experience was not overly difficult for a prepared prospect. There were over 20 prospects in attendance for final round of interviews and lunch was provided mid-way through the day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult problem/customer and how you dealt/responded?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you are a good fit for this particular position?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a controversial issue and how you addressed it?   Answer Question
    Fair market-value offer presented with limited negotiation considerations given that the company identified a good fit for the position.

Mortgage Processor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2015.

1st contact was good with HR, meet 2 managers that looked like they just rolled out of bed with a hangover. 2nd contact with HR was the worse handling I have had in 35 years. 2nd interview was a head of heads over dept. and she was professional. Don't know if they have a outside firm for HR but they need someone else

Interview Questions
    • If I want to make a commitment to 5th/3rd after the first interview.   View Answer

Treasury Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2015.

The group is located in downtown Cincinnati. I had a couple of friends working in other analytics groups in the company, and they seemed to be pretty happy with the overall culture of the company. The hiring manager and team members also placed a lot of emphasis on the team culture, which I believe is good.

The interview involved 2 phone interviews and an on-site interview with 4 managers and a peer Quantitative Analyst. The questions are primarily about my personality/characters, and had very little to do with my technical skills. I learned from my last round of interview with a peer quantitative analyst that the group primarily use Excel for their work, which was very disturbing to me. So I think this group would probably not value my skill set as a statistician based on what I learned from this interview. I guess if you're a more business oriented person, this would be a better fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with someone that is difficult to work with? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with linear regression with AR(1) errors?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Behavioral interviewing based on competencies for the position. Screened by recruiter then had interviews with different managers you would be working with and then additional interviews with other HR members.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in taking a lesser position than what you currently have?   View Answer
    somewhat flexible

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wadsworth, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Wadsworth, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third in January 2015.

Interview pretty detailed. A lot of scenario questions. Interview took an hour. Basic questions like best and worst qualities about myself. Name a time when I had good customer service? Name a time when I had an irrational customer!

Default and Servicing Manager Interview

It took ovr a month for them to contact me back. The position had been posted for months. It seemed just to have a selection of candates I was called to interview because the person was pre-selected already

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel we shld hire you.
      Asked situational questions
      tell me about a time you dealt with an irrate customer

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed with my branch manager. The interview had some pretty standard questions, such as "give me a time when you had to be a team leader" "Explain a time that you faced hardship in one of your previous jobs" etc. My branchmanager has a really great personality and made the interview fun and no pressure.

Interview Questions
    • "why do you want to work for 5/3? What makes us stand out from the rest?"   Answer Question
    no negotiation. Standard CSR pay.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Phone interview then in person interview. The people I spoke with were very professional and were very straight forward in the questions and provided good answers to my questions

Interview Questions

decided to stay where I was at