Fifth Third Teller/ Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from the recruiter to confirm a phone interview time for the next day. The phone interview was brief. We went over my resume and was asked why I left my previous job, and how my sales and customer service skills are. After that I received another interview face to face. The interview was about 30 min long. Typical interview questions. It was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

I found the process quite tedious. Applying online and finally getting a response back about a week later through email from a recruiter. She sent me about 5 interview questions and after emailing my responses I received a call from her the same week. She told me I answered the questions very well and seemed encouraging. She then told me I would receive a call from another recruiter within the next 5 days. I did not receive the call until over a week later. But finally this recruiter set me up with a in-person interview with a manager a branch. When I walked in for the interview, the manager had me wait for about 15 minutes and didn't seem enthusiastic about interviewing me. Nonetheless, we sat down and he read off interview questions from a paper. And also told me he hadn't reviewed my resume. Yet he was friendly and also seemed encouraging about getting the job. I asked a couple questions to show interest and he complimented one of my questions, saying it was a very good question to ask. At the end he told me he'd be reaching out to me within the next few days. I felt confident I would get the call because I felt I had done a great job and answered all the questions strongly. I was never called back. And had given this job opportunity shy of a month of my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer. What are ways to upsell? Can you meet sales goals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position a few months ago. About 3 weeks ago i received an e-mail from a fifth third recruiter. She requested that I fill out a brief questionnaire. Evidently she liked my answers, because the next day i did the phone interview... At the end of the interview she said that another woman would be in contact with me to schedule me for my in-person interview.. After a few weeks of not hearing from anyone, I assumed I had not been chosen. I then received the same e-mail again from the same recruiter, so I re sent the questionnaire with the same answers i had sent previously. She then called me and tried to do the interview again and I told her I had already spoken to her.. She apologized profusely and told me that the second recruiter would call to set up my interview. The next day I scheduled my in person interview. Since the branch I would be working at had not yet found a replacement manager, I interviewed at a different location.. Very standard questions, mostly behavior based. The interviewer did most of the talking. The next day I got a call from the second recruiter saying that the new manager of the branch I applied for would like to meet with me. I interviewed with her yesterday, and got a call yesterday with a job offer. Both interviews were very laid back, and both managers were very friendly and made me feel at ease right away.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for fifth third?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I have no teller experience and I thought the offer was fair.

Customer Service Representative/Teller Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online for one position, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested, never got a reply on that position, then when they contact me it was for a different position I also applied for. she did a phone interview and said she was going to call with a branch manager to see if he would like me to work at his position. (they kept sending me to 3 different positions) so later on that day she called me back and said the branch manager would like to have an 1-on-1 interview with me.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years? why do you want this job? are you used to having sales goals met? as your manger, how do you want me to help you improve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Battle Creek, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

First off I just want to say I had a really positive experience! Thank Jehovah God! I found the position through glassdoor.com I submitted my resume through 53.com; The link glassdoor provided for the exact position. The post date for the job opportunity was 07.28.12 and I applied a week after the post date. I got a (unexpected for me anyways) call for the recruiters from IL 4 pm 08.22.12 I interviewed and was given details about the position from the nicest women! She told me at that I interviewed really well and had the sales, customer services, and cash handling experience they were looking for. (Taco Bell, Pier1 Imports & Victoria's Secret) So she scheduled me for another phone interview that she said would me my connection to getting a face to face interview. My next interview was 12pm 08.23.12 I was asked a few more questions by my 2nd interviewee and told more details about the position. She liked me and schedule me the next day 08.24.12 (today) for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Today when I interviewed a few of the questions through me off even though I did my research on what would be ask from previous glassdoor interviews and I have an old coworker who is now employed with fifth third that gave me so insight as well. The tip I got from here that the questions are in STAR format was exactly correct. S-situation T-task undertaken A-action that was taken R-results If you can do these things you can pass the interview Smile and be as bubbly as possible dress business professional if you can speak a foreign language that is a plus don't speak negatively about past employers (almost fell into this trap) arrive early about 10-15 mins. (I was 30min early which was a little too early lol opps) also know who you are interviewing with do some research about the company and use that knowledge to express why you want to work for the company (: can't think of much else I was offered the position the same day (today) as the face to face interview (which is not typical but they were trying to wrap things up) training is 3 weeks (I'm pretty sure) and 5 days of it are out of town (for me, each circumstance is diff)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset coworker. Then they asked a question very similar in wording: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a VERY anger coworker and give me the exact situation. Tell me about a time when the company enforced a rule you did not want to follow. Where do you see yourself 3-5 years from now. Why do want to work for fifth third. How do you feel about having individual sales goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation but after 30days 4% raise will kick in, on top of $10 hourly pay!

Teller (Customer Service Representative ) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I walked in to a location and asked if they were looking for help. The manager was impressed with my initiative and after speaking with me for a short time recommended that I officially apply online. A few days later HR called with a phone interview and that same day I scheduled my in-person interview. During the interview I was asked how much sales experience I have, do I feel comfortable working weekends/overtime, and a time I had a conflict/how I overcame it and other questions related to teamwork. I was offered the job on the spot. Based on my experience academically and professionally the manager wanted to move me into a more advanced corporate position within 6 months. I wouldn't say this is a typical situation. The manager and the HR rep were both very pleasant but the haul to take the drug test and the background check was ridiculous. Much too far. I live in the city of Chicago and I had to travel nearly 2 hours by train into the suburbs. No compensation offered for this time either. The company seems too bureauratic with red tape that I imagine makes many of its employees quite unhappy. The training sessions are also located in the suburbs and this is totally inconvenient for anyone who doesn't drive.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you saw a problem and used team work to address that problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on my experience, I was able to negotiate for their highest rate for this position.

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Englewood, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

H.R. department called and set up interview at my local Branch. I was interviewed by Office Manager for 20-25 minutes. Questions mostly revolved around past work experiences and how I dealt with any problems with fellow employees as opposed to my skills for the position. Evidently, they have had troubles with that in the past. I was not impressed with the personalities. I called to follow up the next week and they hem-hauled around and said I should call H.R. manager for any information regarding the status of the interviewing process. So I called and talked with H.R. Manager and she was going on vacation soon but said that they would let me know. Did not hear back from them for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any problems with fellow employees? If so, what were they and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

It started off with a phone interviews, next I met with two branch managers and they told me the next step is the recruiter will contact with to see where I stand.