Fifth Third

Getting the Interview

142 candidate interviews

LDP Interview

Interviewed at Fifth Third

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview as well as a meet and greet the night before. The pre-night event was an opportunity to learn more about each program and get an idea of which program you would like to pursue. The interview was fairly basic with mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma in the workplace.   Answer Question

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – I applied for a position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later for the initial phone screen. The recruiter indicated that notes from our conversation would be shared with the team with feed back to me in a week. I emailed the recruiter about a week later and never got a reply. Needless to say I probably didn't get the job. It would have been nice to take 30 seconds to reply to my message.

Interview Question – It was fairly standard questions about my background. "Tell me about a big win you had in your last position".   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and they ask a great deal of questions not all pertaining to the job, but security, previous jobs and situation.

Instructional Designer Interview

Interviewed at Fifth Third

Interview Details – The initial communication is via online only. There is no avenue to connect with a human in human resources.

Interview Question – Salary requirements   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

Interview Details – My interview experience started out very positive when I spoke with someone from HR who talked to me about the job/pay/benefits etc. and really sold me on the job. I spent almost two hours talking with HR about the position and was excited about joining Fifth Third after this phone interview. I was told the next step would be to meet with the person who was in charge of their loan officer training program. This would not be my full-time manage, but would be my manager during the 4-6 month training program required of new hires. I cannot stress enough how this was the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL INTERVIEW EVER. This gentleman started out friendly enough, but within the first five minutes things turned very quickly. He proceeded to tell me that having a child is a major disadvantage because it makes me "desperate for a job". He also apparently had never heard of anyone being unemployed before because he continuously questioned how anyone could possibly not be employed. I was told that someone who is currently unemployed is a risk because there is no guarantee they would stick with the company. The rest of the interview was filled with questions about my spouse's job, income and my overall financial stability. During this time, there was also ZERO discussion about the job that I was there to hear about. The entire interview felt like this manager was there to talk me out of taking the job or joining Fifth Third. The interview ended with this gentlemen saying "good luck", which clearly showed me that there was no future here. Later that same day I received a call from the original HR representative, who said she was shocked at the interview and had instructed this individual to conduct the interview so that she could prepare the official offer. I told her that the inappropriate behavior of my interviewer completely turned me off from this company.

Interview Question – Is your spouse able to financially support your family, or do you need this job to make ends meet?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The behavior of my interviewer was so unprofessional, that I can only imagine what the atmosphere of this company really is like. Instead of feeling like I was being sold on joining this company, I felt like Fifth Third believed they were doing me a favor by offering me a job. An interview is a two-way street and a potential employee must be equally interested in joining a company.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Fifth Third

Interview Details – It was a very quick and painless interview. I had one with them in early April where they just asked me a few questions that you get asked at basically all internships - your biggest strengths, weaknesses, etc. Three words that professors would describe me as, which one I thought was the most important..etc.

Interview Question – Where I saw myself in 10 years from now. (unexpected because I was just interviewing for an internship)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better internship offer that was going to pay more.

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with a recruiter employed with 5/3 and then met on site with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager.

Interview Question – The questions were very common interview questions for a CSM role. Such as, "What would you do with a customer who may have this type of issue...."   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – Interviewing was easy

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interviewed at Fifth Third

Interview Details – Fifth Third Bank uses a very thorough and consistent process where they seek Situation, Task you performed, Actions, and Results... They are interested in what YOU did and results achieved, so plan your responses accordingly. Expect that they will ask about their core values and community involvement.

Interview Question – Questions re: how I handled myself when integrity and / or inclusion (diversity) issues arose surprised me.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – The interview process was very competitive. I was interviewed 4 times, by a total of 12 individuals.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fifth Third

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fifth Third interview questions and advice. All 142 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fifth Third employees and interview candidates.