Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

The interview process was very competitive. I was interviewed 4 times, by a total of 12 individuals.

Interview

The initial communication is via online only. There is no avenue to connect with a human in human resources.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third (Rolling Meadows, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

My interview experience started out very positive when I spoke with someone from HR who talked to me about the job/pay/benefits etc. and really sold me on the job. I spent almost two hours talking with HR about the position and was excited about joining Fifth Third after this phone interview. I was told the next step would be to meet with the person who was in charge of their loan officer training program. This would not be my full-time manage, but would be my manager during the 4-6 month training program required of new hires. I cannot stress enough how this was the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL INTERVIEW EVER. This gentleman started out friendly enough, but within the first five minutes things turned very quickly. He proceeded to tell me that having a child is a major disadvantage because it makes me "desperate for a job". He also apparently had never heard of anyone being unemployed before because he continuously questioned how anyone could possibly not be employed. I was told that someone who is currently unemployed is a risk because there is no guarantee they would stick with the company. The rest of the interview was filled with questions about my spouse's job, income and my overall financial stability. During this time, there was also ZERO discussion about the job that I was there to hear about. The entire interview felt like this manager was there to talk me out of taking the job or joining Fifth Third. The interview ended with this gentlemen saying "good luck", which clearly showed me that there was no future here. Later that same day I received a call from the original HR representative, who said she was shocked at the interview and had instructed this individual to conduct the interview so that she could prepare the official offer. I told her that the inappropriate behavior of my interviewer completely turned me off from this company.

Interview Questions

• Is your spouse able to financially support your family, or do you need this job to make ends meet?   Answer Question

The behavior of my interviewer was so unprofessional, that I can only imagine what the atmosphere of this company really is like. Instead of feeling like I was being sold on joining this company, I felt like Fifth Third believed they were doing me a favor by offering me a job. An interview is a two-way street and a potential employee must be equally interested in joining a company.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very quick and painless interview. I had one with them in early April where they just asked me a few questions that you get asked at basically all internships - your biggest strengths, weaknesses, etc. Three words that professors would describe me as, which one I thought was the most important..etc.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 10 years from now. (unexpected because I was just interviewing for an internship)   Answer Question

Had a better internship offer that was going to pay more.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

The interview process was long and they ask a great deal of questions not all pertaining to the job, but security, previous jobs and situation.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Fifth Third Bank uses a very thorough and consistent process where they seek Situation, Task you performed, Actions, and Results... They are interested in what YOU did and results achieved, so plan your responses accordingly. Expect that they will ask about their core values and community involvement.

Interview Questions

• Questions re: how I handled myself when integrity and / or inclusion (diversity) issues arose surprised me.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Interview

I had an on campus interview as well as a meet and greet the night before. The pre-night event was an opportunity to learn more about each program and get an idea of which program you would like to pursue. The interview was fairly basic with mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma in the workplace.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Interviewing was easy

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

handled very professional

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter employed with 5/3 and then met on site with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very common interview questions for a CSM role. Such as, "What would you do with a customer who may have this type of issue...."   Answer Question