Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Business Banking Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone call from HR recruiter with general info; why you want to be in this position, what experience you have, situational and behavioral questions like normal.
    Go to location of job position to interview with manager. Took a few hours because I like to be thorough. After interview, I was able to shadow someone that same day.
    Emailed for a second interview a few days later; same situation.
    Called with job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unethical situation.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

The lady doing the interview on phone was very rude and acted like she couldn't care and didn't want to be doing the interview. Not good communication process. Not a good company. Stay away!!!!!

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Very informal as I had a good reputation. Many of the questions revolved around existing systems and processes that I had been introduced to over my tenure in the company. I believe the most helpful part of the process was the existing relationships that I had with many of the managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

I applied online and took a week to get an email for the phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward, and a good experience. I thought I could get the job offer since we talked about how I will be suitable for the position, etc. Anyways, I got an email two days later saying that they choose someone else. Overall a good experience.

Non-Exempt Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

All interviews are conducted based on a variety of situational inquires in which the prospective candidate is asked a series of questions and the response must be a specific example and described in a manner that utilizes the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) technique. The interview process for nearly all positions begins with a brief 30minute phone interview, followed by 1, or 2 in-person interviews. Hiring decisions are typically made within 20-30 days of a position being posted on the careers website.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an issue with a co-worker   1 Answer

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cleveland, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Apply online, submit documents, Phone interview, branch interview. Overall process was ok but they require you to open a checking account and saving account during the training classes. They also try to get you to open credit cards.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt in sales   1 Answer

The Quantitative Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinati (Colombia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinati (Colombia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with program manager and mostly asked the basic HR questions. What are your strength and weaknesses and how do you handle conflict. Had a second group interview where I interviewed with two managers and gave a presentation to a panel. Dealt with more technical questions like what are some assumptions and limits of your models.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from an online application for a branch manager position. Having no formal banking experience, I was surprised to receive an interview with a VP. She asked many situational questions about employees, conflict resolution, sales, etc. I made it to the final two candidates, although was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an experience of how you addressed an upset client?   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very shady if your coming from within management usually already knows who they plan to hire. Also no one seemed to have answers or follow up. Their follow up is a joke.

Interview Questions

• What's is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Hobart, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call where we briefly spoke about the position then manger set up an interview in person. met at the branch and held the interview one on one in the office. basic questions.

Interview Questions

• the usual, what would you so if this and that, how you respond to different situations   Answer Question