Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.7

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from an online application for a branch manager position. Having no formal banking experience, I was surprised to receive an interview with a VP. She asked many situational questions about employees, conflict resolution, sales, etc. I made it to the final two candidates, although was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an experience of how you addressed an upset client?   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Basic star interview process. Interviewed by several branch managers rotating star questions. Good work related qestion answer conversations. Very comfortable and down to earth environment. Informative interviewing process. Interview with regional manager same day. "

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were on the table. Very easy and upfront process

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I applied online and received a call later that week from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview for the next day and the process began. After the initial phone interview, I was invited to Chicago for a final round of interviewing a couple weeks after the initial contact. Once in Chicago, I interviewed with 6 managers/vps and met with the person in HR I had spoken with throughout. I received an offer the week after, overall the process lasted a month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at 5/3?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your biggest weakness   Answer Question
    • Are you planning on going to graduate school, if not how are you going to set yourself apart down the road in your career?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Asked about me, fairly straightforward, easy process.The hiring manager was friendly, interviewing with his staff and meeting the employees was a nice experience. Everyone was part of a good culture and team, seemed like family to me. Questions were pretty easy and just know the company information. They asked me to ask questions at the end, so have 3-4 prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for Fifth Third? The hiring manager was friendly, interviewing with his staff and meeting the employees was a nice experience. Everyone was part of a good culture and team, seemed like family to me. Questions were pretty easy and just know the company information   Answer Question

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process with fifth third was very standard. the phone interview however was more detail than other phone interviews I've had. She really went into detail about my experience and background. Interviewing with the branch manager was very standard as well. He asked about whom I was, my background., my values, etc. After the interview I was expecting to hear from the recruiter the following week however she called me the next day to meet with the regional manager. That's awesome for the first interview for this position.

Interview Questions

• what in your career background would you do over?   1 Answer

Specialty Lender Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial contact from someone in Cols Ohio. Good contact, understood each other. Local contact via phone. Interview was rushed and hurried. Manager said was currently conducting yearly reviews and seemed contact with me was just in case he had to fire someone on his staff.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a team environment? Do you understand the type lending we do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

I found the process quite tedious. Applying online and finally getting a response back about a week later through email from a recruiter. She sent me about 5 interview questions and after emailing my responses I received a call from her the same week. She told me I answered the questions very well and seemed encouraging. She then told me I would receive a call from another recruiter within the next 5 days. I did not receive the call until over a week later. But finally this recruiter set me up with a in-person interview with a manager a branch. When I walked in for the interview, the manager had me wait for about 15 minutes and didn't seem enthusiastic about interviewing me. Nonetheless, we sat down and he read off interview questions from a paper. And also told me he hadn't reviewed my resume. Yet he was friendly and also seemed encouraging about getting the job. I asked a couple questions to show interest and he complimented one of my questions, saying it was a very good question to ask. At the end he told me he'd be reaching out to me within the next few days. I felt confident I would get the call because I felt I had done a great job and answered all the questions strongly. I was never called back. And had given this job opportunity shy of a month of my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer. What are ways to upsell? Can you meet sales goals?   Answer Question

Business Banking Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone call from HR recruiter with general info; why you want to be in this position, what experience you have, situational and behavioral questions like normal. Go to location of job position to interview with manager. Took a few hours because I like to be thorough. After interview, I was able to shadow someone that same day. Emailed for a second interview a few days later; same situation. Called with job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unethical situation.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

I was only able to get a phone interview with the internal recruiter despite having years of project management experience at a Fortune 500 company in the area. If you are not on the top performer list don't even bother applying for other positions within the company. The bank only takes into consideration what work experience you have within Fifth Third so even if you have tons of work experience from priors jobs it won't matter.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you had a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Interview was formal and consisted of an on-campus Career Fair where a resume was accepted and first-impressions made, then invited to a follow up behavioral-based interview with 3 to 4 executives for first-round of on-campus interviews. Next, invitated back to second and final round of interviews at Fifth Third's corporate offices, where there were 10-12 (two-person team) interviews consisting of a mixture of behavioral-based and technical experience interview questions over 6-hours. Although lengthly and through, the experience was not overly difficult for a prepared prospect. There were over 20 prospects in attendance for final round of interviews and lunch was provided mid-way through the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult problem/customer and how you dealt/responded?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you are a good fit for this particular position?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a controversial issue and how you addressed it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair market-value offer presented with limited negotiation considerations given that the company identified a good fit for the position.