Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.7

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wadsworth, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third (Wadsworth, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview pretty detailed. A lot of scenario questions. Interview took an hour. Basic questions like best and worst qualities about myself. Name a time when I had good customer service? Name a time when I had an irrational customer!

Interview Questions

Interview

It took ovr a month for them to contact me back. The position had been posted for months. It seemed just to have a selection of candates I was called to interview because the person was pre-selected already

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel we shld hire you.
      Asked situational questions
      tell me about a time you dealt with an irrate customer

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I interviewed with my branch manager. The interview had some pretty standard questions, such as "give me a time when you had to be a team leader" "Explain a time that you faced hardship in one of your previous jobs" etc. My branchmanager has a really great personality and made the interview fun and no pressure.

Interview Questions

• "why do you want to work for 5/3? What makes us stand out from the rest?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. Standard CSR pay.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. The people I spoke with were very professional and were very straight forward in the questions and provided good answers to my questions

Interview Questions

decided to stay where I was at

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

The day before the interview, they set up a "meet and greet" so you could meet everyone who was interviewing and getting interviewed. The actual interview was pretty short, and just basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. all just basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Had a phone interview with two people from the model risk management unit. They are very nice and kind. They briefly introduced me what the duties of the team are and the difference between their jobs and the ones people usually think of. They asked me a few questions about my background and only a tiny amount of technical questions. Basically, the whole interview is more like a chat.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process is broken down into two stages: an on-campus interview and a second round interview day at their corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. Both rounds consist of mostly behavioral-based questions. The second round contains some technical questions, but is still mostly behavioral-based. Overall, the process was relatively quick and not incredibly challenging.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process behind valuing various potential investments the bank could make?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position a few months ago. About 3 weeks ago i received an e-mail from a fifth third recruiter. She requested that I fill out a brief questionnaire. Evidently she liked my answers, because the next day i did the phone interview... At the end of the interview she said that another woman would be in contact with me to schedule me for my in-person interview.. After a few weeks of not hearing from anyone, I assumed I had not been chosen. I then received the same e-mail again from the same recruiter, so I re sent the questionnaire with the same answers i had sent previously. She then called me and tried to do the interview again and I told her I had already spoken to her.. She apologized profusely and told me that the second recruiter would call to set up my interview. The next day I scheduled my in person interview. Since the branch I would be working at had not yet found a replacement manager, I interviewed at a different location.. Very standard questions, mostly behavior based. The interviewer did most of the talking. The next day I got a call from the second recruiter saying that the new manager of the branch I applied for would like to meet with me. I interviewed with her yesterday, and got a call yesterday with a job offer. Both interviews were very laid back, and both managers were very friendly and made me feel at ease right away.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for fifth third?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I have no teller experience and I thought the offer was fair.

College Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Included an initial on campus interview, where I sat one on one with an employee from the audit department. During this time I was asked a few questions all ranging from my resume to situational experience. After the first interview I was invited to Cincinnati for two additional interviews where I was given a tour and had lunch with other employees in the audit department. Essentially they gave me there perspective of what a day in the life working for Fifth Third would be like.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when they asked me to name a time when I had to deal with an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on 9/15/14. Received call from HR for phone interview on 10/01/14. Phone interview went well. Called me back the next day to schedule in person interview. Face to face interview went very well too; thinking that I will get the job. However, after a week, i got a rejection email.