Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.7

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

I applied for a position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later for the initial phone screen. The recruiter indicated that notes from our conversation would be shared with the team with feed back to me in a week. I emailed the recruiter about a week later and never got a reply. Needless to say I probably didn't get the job. It would have been nice to take 30 seconds to reply to my message.

Interview Questions
    • It was fairly standard questions about my background. "Tell me about a big win you had in your last position".   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in April 2014.

I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Questions
    • They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   View Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter employed with 5/3 and then met on site with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very common interview questions for a CSM role. Such as, "What would you do with a customer who may have this type of issue...."   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Multiple interviews, situational analysis interview questions

Operations Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

After an initial phone screen, the final interview process was a half day of 6 - 30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle if an employee was crying because they were late for the 10th time and you had a deadline to meet?   Answer Question

Homeowners Assistance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Was hired on after working through temp service, no interview, just asked if I wanted the position after 90 days at the temp place

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work there? What experience did I have?   Answer Question

Transaction Support Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

A recruiter calls for a short screening interview. This will have a few STAR questions. (Google "STAR Interview" if you don't know about STAR. You'll need to know all about it for interviewing with Fifth Third). If the recruiter wants to bring you in for an interview with the hiring manager, she'll schedule it at the end of the screening call. If the answer is no, she'll say "We'll contact you soon."

During an interview with the hiring manager, you'll be asked more STAR questions. These will be more specific to the position in question. Do your homework. The job descriptions on the website are poorly written and it's hard to get a good idea of what the job entails. If you know someone on the inside, get info from them or ask the recruiter to give you details. Ask good specific questions and get the manager talking.

Some positions (usually exempt ones) require two interviews, others just one. The manager will let you know.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you took an ethical stand."   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate salary, but they wouldn't budge. It was an entry-level position, so that's understandable.

Customer Service Representative/Teller Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

I applied online for one position, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested, never got a reply on that position, then when they contact me it was for a different position I also applied for. she did a phone interview and said she was going to call with a branch manager to see if he would like me to work at his position. (they kept sending me to 3 different positions) so later on that day she called me back and said the branch manager would like to have an 1-on-1 interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      why do you want this job?
      are you used to having sales goals met?
      as your manger, how do you want me to help you improve?
        Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

I emailed my resume to a friend who was an employee there and set up an interview time with an HR manager. I spoke with the HR manager for about an hour, even though we scheduled just 30 minutes because I had many questions. She was extremely helpful and non-biased. We had a casual conversation about my qualifications and different opportunities available at Fifth Third including career paths.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, we just shared information.   Answer Question

I decided that getting licensed before starting there may be more beneficial than being trained internally for series 7 licensing.

Branch Manager Interview