Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.7

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Only one interview with the branch manager. Not too many behavioral questions, mostly just questions about my experience and resume. Got hired the next day. Not too much room for negotiation, but there is some.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in July 2012.

I applied through an employee referral. I was sent an initial online questionnaire and then heard from an HR recruiter shortly after. I had one interview with the hiring manager and received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not terribly difficult, mostly centered around my abilities to handle the hours of the job and my proficiency with computers.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Petoskey, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petoskey, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in April 2011.

2 Phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First with the manager, then the district manager followed by an offer then background check, finger printing, and drug screen. Interviews were all 1-2 weeks apart.

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever had an issue with a supervisor and what I did about it   Answer Question
    I did not get the location I asked for so they came back with an extra $1500 for the year to make up mileage. Salary range here is pretty wide so there is room for neg.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2013.

VERY LENGTHY!!!!!!!! I HAD 2 PHONE INTERVIEWS, 2 FACE TO FACE INTERVIEWS, & 1 PANEL INTERVIEW FOR ONE JOB. WHILE OTHER EMPLOYEES ONLY HAD 2 INTERVIEWS TOTAL. INCONSISTENT WITH INTERVIEW PROCESS

Interview Questions
    • VERY COMPLEX INTERVIEW QUESTIONS DURING INTERVIEW PROCESS   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. The offer was made and the HR rep basically said "it's take it or leave it".

Loan Closing Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fifth Third in September 2010.

It depends on the position. My interviews have usually been with a couple of managers after the first interview is passed. They have a form with questions to ask. Usually pretty comfortable. Just be yourself and answer the best of your abilities. The bank is very team oriented and being engaged with your surroundings is important.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in April 2014.

I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Questions
    • They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   View Answer

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2011.

When contacted regarding the Position, Fifth Third was professional and thorough. I spoke with the head of the department, HR, the direct manager and the entire team the new hire would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult for them to solidify what the goals would be annually.   Answer Question

Not knowing annual goals was unsettling.

Senior Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Was not interviewed. Did not go through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Was not interviewed. I was hired directly from a contract position.   Answer Question
    No did not negotiate. I felt I was offered a fair salary so accepted it.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

I emailed my resume to a friend who was an employee there and set up an interview time with an HR manager. I spoke with the HR manager for about an hour, even though we scheduled just 30 minutes because I had many questions. She was extremely helpful and non-biased. We had a casual conversation about my qualifications and different opportunities available at Fifth Third including career paths.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, we just shared information.   Answer Question

I decided that getting licensed before starting there may be more beneficial than being trained internally for series 7 licensing.

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

I applied for a position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later for the initial phone screen. The recruiter indicated that notes from our conversation would be shared with the team with feed back to me in a week. I emailed the recruiter about a week later and never got a reply. Needless to say I probably didn't get the job. It would have been nice to take 30 seconds to reply to my message.

Interview Questions
    • It was fairly standard questions about my background. "Tell me about a big win you had in your last position".   Answer Question