Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.7

Finance and Accounting Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I networked with a grad from my school and went straight to the super day in Cincinnati at their headquarters. I had two one on one interviews which were just basic behavioral going over my resume. We had two panel sessions as well. The first is just with the current FALP employees and the second is with employees in different areas of the company. It seemed to go well.

Interview Questions

• None really, just the basics. Why do you want to work for Fifth Third?   Answer Question

Investment Advisor Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen than a super day in the HQ. Very behavioral only a few technical questions. Know facts about 5/3 and what is going on in the economy. Interview is pretty chill/laid back. Had 3 interviews total on super day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fifth Third in September 2014.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview; the interviewer was very personable and interested in me as a candidate. Asked a lot of questions about past group experiences and past changes in my life.

Interview Questions

• Emphasis on how you have dealt with changes in priorities in your life.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Phone interview then interview with recruiter. Then had interview with financial center manager and regional manager.
    Easy process followed up with communication about offer and benefits by recruiter. Initially interviewed for teller position but was told I would be good fit in personal banker role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to sell a product or idea to someone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

long interview process, two to three weeks. got a call from the recruiter and the regional manager with a job offer. background and drug test. did not start training until 3 weeks after the interview date. make sure to not give a forwarded email, i did not receive any of the post interview e-mails.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in August 2014.

Interview

The entire process took over one month to complete for a part time position. I had to interview with a manager at the branch I was to work at and another branch manager from a different location. They were slow to follow up and eventually I knew I had the position when I had to provide approval for a credit check for a future higher level position.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a bank product to a customer who says no?   1 Answer

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

Only one interview with the branch manager. Not too many behavioral questions, mostly just questions about my experience and resume. Got hired the next day. Not too much room for negotiation, but there is some.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and was contacted very shortly after by a branch manager and set up a time to come in and interview. Interviewed with 2 local branch managers and the regional manager. Interview was very professional and lasted about 30 mins. Was contacted a few weeks later and informed that they had eliminated the position. A few weeks after that I was contacted by another branch manager and set up another interview. Met with the branch manager and the regional manager again for a very brief interview. I received a call the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral style questions on how you would act following certain policies.   Answer Question

The position sounded great and I was very impressed by organization but I had received another offer from another company that more closely matched my career goals.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in May 2014.

Interview

I enjoyed meeting with each HR person. I interviewed with 3 individuals and it went very well however the last thing I was told was that I needed to meet with one last person. They never contacted me after that. I don't mind not getting the job but it is very rude and unprofessional to not inform someone after the number of times I traveled to interview with them. I didn't expect this from such a large company. It just shows me how unprofessional they are.