Fifth Third

154 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Transaction Support Clerk Interview

Transaction Support Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – A recruiter calls for a short screening interview. This will have a few STAR questions. (Google "STAR Interview" if you don't know about STAR. You'll need to know all about it for interviewing with Fifth Third). If the recruiter wants to bring you in for an interview with the hiring manager, she'll schedule it at the end of the screening call. If the answer is no, she'll say "We'll contact you soon."

During an interview with the hiring manager, you'll be asked more STAR questions. These will be more specific to the position in question. Do your homework. The job descriptions on the website are poorly written and it's hard to get a good idea of what the job entails. If you know someone on the inside, get info from them or ask the recruiter to give you details. Ask good specific questions and get the manager talking.

Some positions (usually exempt ones) require two interviews, others just one. The manager will let you know.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you took an ethical stand."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate salary, but they wouldn't budge. It was an entry-level position, so that's understandable.

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted by a recruiter who was crucial to the process and guided me through all steps of the hiring process which included a screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with a branch manager then with the regional manager and then a final interview with a HR partner. all in all it took about 3 weeks. Was your typical situation based questions, Name a time when you had to do "this", what was the situation, the action, and the result. Also with regional manager went over resume nearly line by line explaining details of each prior job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was originally offered $40,000 base pay and I countered with $42,000 and they accepted quickly.

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in September 2011.

Interview Details – On-Campus interviews. Pre-night (definitely attend). A lot of on-campus events. They definitely want to see the same faces over and over to ensure interest in programs. On-Site interviews are pretty chill. Usually senior manager and above with an Associate panel later in day. On campus interviews are a few weeks before the on-sites. If you don't send a thanks email to both interviewer and HR rep, you'll probably not get called back. They love hand written thank you cards, so send one of those as well, in fact have it already written before your interview and fill in a few blanks and mail it right after the interview. Cool cool.

Interview Question – they were all pretty much behavior based questions. they weed out the people that don't cut by reviewing resumes and these meet and greet events. Don't expect to be asked to prepare a FCFF DCF model, but definitely learn how to do that trash - its pretty cool.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is pretty limited. The industry is pretty standardized out here in Cinci. They do pay more than the Big 4.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Retail Personal Banker
Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2012.

Interview Details – Long drawn 3 interview process. Simple behavioral questions, "tell me a time when...".

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Maybe their glazed faces when asking the questions was out of the ordinary, but nothing to freak about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they have a set amount they will give you based on years of experience banking.

Intern Interview

Intern
Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process started in March 2013. I was selected to interview after applying through an employee referral program with my family. It started with a typical phone screen, all the normal questions were asked. After the phone screen, I was asked to interview at the office in Southfield. I met with the HR Manager and I learned more about the internship program and was asked a few more questions regarding my availability and behavior based questions as well. After 2 weeks I was invited back to meet with a Finance Manager and his boss. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and it was more of a meeting than an interview. No real questions, just the procedures that I would work through if hired. About 1 month went by, after constant contact with the hiring manager because they kept offering me that the answer would be clear within a week. I would respond to her in a week, and receive back the same reply. I repeated this 4 times until it was finally relayed to me, that I would no longer be considered for the position.

Interview Question – None, they were the typical interview questions and some behaior based, along with scenarios.   Answer Question

Vice President - Business Banking Interview

Vice President - Business Banking
Sarasota, FL

I interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with immediate supervisor, Regional manager and Regional President

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Liberty Township, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in November 2012.

Interview Details – I initially talked to a CSR at another location inquiring about open positions. I had a phone interview with the regional hiring manager, and she then set up an interview with the FCM at the branch I work at now. I had an interview with the FCM and CSM in an office and it lasted about 1.5 hours. The best advice is to ASK QUESTIONS! They love to be asked a lot of good questions.

My thoughts about the interview:
1: Everyone working that day kept looking at me as if they were longing for more help or were just curious to see who was interviewing
2: Dress professionally, of course. I wore a black business suit with white shirt and blue tie.
3: Managers were very interested and didn't let me do all the talking.
4: Just have a conversation with them. That's all an interview is! Both parties want to get to know the other!
5: COME PREPARED! I had a folder with questions and typical interview questions all typed out so if I needed to, I could look back and answer any question they had.
6: Ask for the job. I said: "So, is there anything preventing you from hiring me today?" All they said was that they had to do another interview but I was very promising.
7: I asked about the team's culture there and they seemed to love that question.

I was contacted less than a week later with the job offer. I accepted and I then had to do a drug and fingerprint screening test less than a week after I accepted the offer. After the results of the two tests, you then go downtown (I'm in Cincinnati) to get your picture taken for your badge and for onboarding. The process is interesting because all new hires go through this process, so you're in a room with PB's and managers and other CSR's. Kind of feel weird sitting next to someone almost twice your age!

You then go to training for about a month or so at a different location where you practice deposits, withdrawals and other transactions. You get trained on everything you need to know. This hands on training is paired with e-learnings that can be helpful. It is easy to understand once you get the hang of it.

After training, you're then trained again at your branch where you'll be working at. You watch other CSR's and how they interact with the customers. It's a little awkward just standing there as you don't really know what to do just yet. It's immersion at it's finest! In about a week or so you run your first drawer and that's the entire process!

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Maybe: "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no point in negotiating as it is the standard amount given to low level new CSR's, and everyone gets the same amount. Advice to those considering an offer: TAKE IT!

Vault Teller Interview

Vault Teller
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, literally got a response the same day, Had a phone interview with recruiter and set up my in person interview within 3 days later. I arrived early and waited 15 min to sign in, and continued to wait the extra 15 min for the manager. When 2 arrived to get me, the one had made a very rude comment about the interview time, (not to me directly rude like I should have showed up on the dot, not 15 min early). So that already put my nerves on edge. Went into a closed off room, and began the process. It was a behavioral interview. They took turns asking questions, taking notes. They went into all this detail about certain job stuff as if they really liked me. Telling me casual wear, where to park, what they do on down time, they had me going crazy because I felt I was in. They then asked after telling me all this are you able to perform the duties. I said yes, I was smiling, anxious. Then they pulled a fast one on me and asked me how much did I want to make an hour. I just blurted out a number because I was over excited. But to be honest it was only 2 dollars more then starting pay, not to mention I had all of the qualifications and more for the job. Literally that was the end of the interview. They got up and I just said thank you for your time. They didn't show any respect truthfully from the very beginning. One point during the interview the one even wrote down something and showed the other, that one just shook there head no. How is that professional in any way. Not once even did we talk about my skills or abilities.

Interview Question – They were all job related questions.   Answer Question

Real Estate Manager Interview

Real Estate Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – Excellent. The entire process was pleasant, and very well-run. The on boarding process was effective in making me feel like a team member in very short order.

Interview Question – Questions regarding how I would handle managing the relationships between the Bancorp and the affiliate executive team, which had previously included some friction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward, and rewarding.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Retail Personal Banker
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – Interview process was simple and quick, I had one phone interview and then met with the Market Manager in the Dayton HQ. The phone interview was approximately 15 minutes and covered my background and why I was interested in the position and the 1:1 interview with the Market Manager was more of a conversation than an Interview. It almost seemed as if I was already offered a job based on the phone interview and this was just so I could meet one of the senior executives.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered 34k base salary, countered with 37500. No negotiation, I countered and they accepted