Fifth Third

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.6

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Only one interview with the branch manager. Not too many behavioral questions, mostly just questions about my experience and resume. Got hired the next day. Not too much room for negotiation, but there is some.

Retail Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2014.

I applied through an employee referral and was contacted very shortly after by a branch manager and set up a time to come in and interview. Interviewed with 2 local branch managers and the regional manager. Interview was very professional and lasted about 30 mins. Was contacted a few weeks later and informed that they had eliminated the position. A few weeks after that I was contacted by another branch manager and set up another interview. Met with the branch manager and the regional manager again for a very brief interview. I received a call the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A few behavioral style questions on how you would act following certain policies.   Answer Question

The position sounded great and I was very impressed by organization but I had received another offer from another company that more closely matched my career goals.

Employee Relations Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in May 2014.

I enjoyed meeting with each HR person. I interviewed with 3 individuals and it went very well however the last thing I was told was that I needed to meet with one last person. They never contacted me after that. I don't mind not getting the job but it is very rude and unprofessional to not inform someone after the number of times I traveled to interview with them. I didn't expect this from such a large company. It just shows me how unprofessional they are.

Senior Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Was not interviewed. Did not go through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Was not interviewed. I was hired directly from a contract position.   Answer Question
    No did not negotiate. I felt I was offered a fair salary so accepted it.

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

I applied for a position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later for the initial phone screen. The recruiter indicated that notes from our conversation would be shared with the team with feed back to me in a week. I emailed the recruiter about a week later and never got a reply. Needless to say I probably didn't get the job. It would have been nice to take 30 seconds to reply to my message.

Interview Questions
    • It was fairly standard questions about my background. "Tell me about a big win you had in your last position".   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in April 2014.

I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Questions
    • They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   View Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter employed with 5/3 and then met on site with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very common interview questions for a CSM role. Such as, "What would you do with a customer who may have this type of issue...."   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Multiple interviews, situational analysis interview questions

Operations Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

After an initial phone screen, the final interview process was a half day of 6 - 30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle if an employee was crying because they were late for the 10th time and you had a deadline to meet?   Answer Question

Homeowners Assistance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Was hired on after working through temp service, no interview, just asked if I wanted the position after 90 days at the temp place

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work there? What experience did I have?   Answer Question