Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter employed with 5/3 and then met on site with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very common interview questions for a CSM role. Such as, "What would you do with a customer who may have this type of issue...."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Teller Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

I applied online for one position, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested, never got a reply on that position, then when they contact me it was for a different position I also applied for. she did a phone interview and said she was going to call with a branch manager to see if he would like me to work at his position. (they kept sending me to 3 different positions) so later on that day she called me back and said the branch manager would like to have an 1-on-1 interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      why do you want this job?
      are you used to having sales goals met?
      as your manger, how do you want me to help you improve?
        Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Multiple interviews, situational analysis interview questions

Operations Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

After an initial phone screen, the final interview process was a half day of 6 - 30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle if an employee was crying because they were late for the 10th time and you had a deadline to meet?   Answer Question

Mortgage Fulfillment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in December 2012.

Interview with the staffing agency first, and then phone interview with HR, which set up a on site interview with trainer, manager , VP, and HR. We advise by VP that I would be hire on the spot. Set up another meeting with my direct manager a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The VP and Trainer ask the standard question. How do you handle difficult employees and customers. And give a example.   Answer Question
    I was given the salary I requested. My advice to anyone looking to work for Fifth Third is to accept the offer. This is one of the best company I've work for if I ever get the opportunity to work for them again I would take it immediately.

Homeowners Assistance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Was hired on after working through temp service, no interview, just asked if I wanted the position after 90 days at the temp place

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work there? What experience did I have?   Answer Question

Transaction Support Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

A recruiter calls for a short screening interview. This will have a few STAR questions. (Google "STAR Interview" if you don't know about STAR. You'll need to know all about it for interviewing with Fifth Third). If the recruiter wants to bring you in for an interview with the hiring manager, she'll schedule it at the end of the screening call. If the answer is no, she'll say "We'll contact you soon."

During an interview with the hiring manager, you'll be asked more STAR questions. These will be more specific to the position in question. Do your homework. The job descriptions on the website are poorly written and it's hard to get a good idea of what the job entails. If you know someone on the inside, get info from them or ask the recruiter to give you details. Ask good specific questions and get the manager talking.

Some positions (usually exempt ones) require two interviews, others just one. The manager will let you know.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you took an ethical stand."   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate salary, but they wouldn't budge. It was an entry-level position, so that's understandable.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in September 2011.

On-Campus interviews. Pre-night (definitely attend). A lot of on-campus events. They definitely want to see the same faces over and over to ensure interest in programs. On-Site interviews are pretty chill. Usually senior manager and above with an Associate panel later in day. On campus interviews are a few weeks before the on-sites. If you don't send a thanks email to both interviewer and HR rep, you'll probably not get called back. They love hand written thank you cards, so send one of those as well, in fact have it already written before your interview and fill in a few blanks and mail it right after the interview. Cool cool.

Interview Questions
    • they were all pretty much behavior based questions. they weed out the people that don't cut by reviewing resumes and these meet and greet events. Don't expect to be asked to prepare a FCFF DCF model, but definitely learn how to do that trash - its pretty cool.   View Answer
    Negotiation is pretty limited. The industry is pretty standardized out here in Cinci. They do pay more than the Big 4.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

Was initially contacted by a recruiter who was crucial to the process and guided me through all steps of the hiring process which included a screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with a branch manager then with the regional manager and then a final interview with a HR partner. all in all it took about 3 weeks. Was your typical situation based questions, Name a time when you had to do "this", what was the situation, the action, and the result. Also with regional manager went over resume nearly line by line explaining details of each prior job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Was originally offered $40,000 base pay and I countered with $42,000 and they accepted quickly.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2012.

Long drawn 3 interview process. Simple behavioral questions, "tell me a time when...".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Maybe their glazed faces when asking the questions was out of the ordinary, but nothing to freak about.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they have a set amount they will give you based on years of experience banking.