Fifth Third

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

I emailed my resume to a friend who was an employee there and set up an interview time with an HR manager. I spoke with the HR manager for about an hour, even though we scheduled just 30 minutes because I had many questions. She was extremely helpful and non-biased. We had a casual conversation about my qualifications and different opportunities available at Fifth Third including career paths.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, we just shared information.   Answer Question

I decided that getting licensed before starting there may be more beneficial than being trained internally for series 7 licensing.

Branch Manager Interview

handled very professional

Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Excellent. The entire process was pleasant, and very well-run. The on boarding process was effective in making me feel like a team member in very short order.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding how I would handle managing the relationships between the Bancorp and the affiliate executive team, which had previously included some friction.   Answer Question
    Straightforward, and rewarding.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview process was simple and quick, I had one phone interview and then met with the Market Manager in the Dayton HQ. The phone interview was approximately 15 minutes and covered my background and why I was interested in the position and the 1:1 interview with the Market Manager was more of a conversation than an Interview. It almost seemed as if I was already offered a job based on the phone interview and this was just so I could meet one of the senior executives.

Interview Questions
    Was offered 34k base salary, countered with 37500. No negotiation, I countered and they accepted

Vault Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

I applied online, literally got a response the same day, Had a phone interview with recruiter and set up my in person interview within 3 days later. I arrived early and waited 15 min to sign in, and continued to wait the extra 15 min for the manager. When 2 arrived to get me, the one had made a very rude comment about the interview time, (not to me directly rude like I should have showed up on the dot, not 15 min early). So that already put my nerves on edge. Went into a closed off room, and began the process. It was a behavioral interview. They took turns asking questions, taking notes. They went into all this detail about certain job stuff as if they really liked me. Telling me casual wear, where to park, what they do on down time, they had me going crazy because I felt I was in. They then asked after telling me all this are you able to perform the duties. I said yes, I was smiling, anxious. Then they pulled a fast one on me and asked me how much did I want to make an hour. I just blurted out a number because I was over excited. But to be honest it was only 2 dollars more then starting pay, not to mention I had all of the qualifications and more for the job. Literally that was the end of the interview. They got up and I just said thank you for your time. They didn't show any respect truthfully from the very beginning. One point during the interview the one even wrote down something and showed the other, that one just shook there head no. How is that professional in any way. Not once even did we talk about my skills or abilities.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interviewing was easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

Was initially contacted by a recruiter who was crucial to the process and guided me through all steps of the hiring process which included a screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with a branch manager then with the regional manager and then a final interview with a HR partner. all in all it took about 3 weeks. Was your typical situation based questions, Name a time when you had to do "this", what was the situation, the action, and the result. Also with regional manager went over resume nearly line by line explaining details of each prior job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Was originally offered $40,000 base pay and I countered with $42,000 and they accepted quickly.

Client Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

i had 5 interviews total. 2 over the phone and 3 face to face. Very challenging questions, but if you have the experience, it should be an issue. Which I think it's very unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • I know I did great in all the interviews, however, I never received a call back from the recruiting to either make or deny an offer.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

I had an on campus interview as well as a meet and greet the night before. The pre-night event was an opportunity to learn more about each program and get an idea of which program you would like to pursue. The interview was fairly basic with mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma in the workplace.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Fifth Third Bank uses a very thorough and consistent process where they seek Situation, Task you performed, Actions, and Results... They are interested in what YOU did and results achieved, so plan your responses accordingly. Expect that they will ask about their core values and community involvement.

Interview Questions
    • Questions re: how I handled myself when integrity and / or inclusion (diversity) issues arose surprised me.   Answer Question