Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fifth Third
- Customer Service Representative (26)
- Personal Banker (12)
- Retail Personal Banker (10)
- Teller (7)
- Financial Center Manager (5)
- Lead Customer Service Representative (4)
- Intern (4)
- Credit Analyst (4)
- Customer Service Representative/Teller (4)
- Licensed Personal Banker (3)
- Customer Service Manager (3)
- Investment Advisor (3)
- Financial Services Representative (2)
- Staff Auditor (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Finance (2)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (2)
- Sales (2)
- Branch Manager (2)
- Associate Portfolio Manager (2)
- Customer Service Professional (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Retail Associate (2)
- Information Technology Leadership Program (2)
- Finance and Accounting Leadership Program (2)
- Financial Leadership Program (2)
- Staff Accounting, Capital Markets (1)
- Homeowners Assistance Counselor (1)
- Card Fraud Investigations (1)
- Teller (Customer Service Representative ) (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Fifth Third (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2014.
I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.
- They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Fifth Third.
I first had a phone interview with a recruiter employed with 5/3 and then met on site with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager.
- The questions were very common interview questions for a CSM role. Such as, "What would you do with a customer who may have this type of issue...." Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 7+ months – interviewed at Fifth Third (Tampa, FL).
Multiple interviews, situational analysis interview questions
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
After an initial phone screen, the final interview process was a half day of 6 - 30 minute behavioral interviews.
- How would you handle if an employee was crying because they were late for the 10th time and you had a deadline to meet? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH).
Was hired on after working through temp service, no interview, just asked if I wanted the position after 90 days at the temp place
- Why did I want to work there? What experience did I have? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Fifth Third.
A recruiter calls for a short screening interview. This will have a few STAR questions. (Google "STAR Interview" if you don't know about STAR. You'll need to know all about it for interviewing with Fifth Third). If the recruiter wants to bring you in for an interview with the hiring manager, she'll schedule it at the end of the screening call. If the answer is no, she'll say "We'll contact you soon."
During an interview with the hiring manager, you'll be asked more STAR questions. These will be more specific to the position in question. Do your homework. The job descriptions on the website are poorly written and it's hard to get a good idea of what the job entails. If you know someone on the inside, get info from them or ask the recruiter to give you details. Ask good specific questions and get the manager talking.
Some positions (usually exempt ones) require two interviews, others just one. The manager will let you know.
- "Tell me about a time when you took an ethical stand." 1 Answer
I tried to negotiate salary, but they wouldn't budge. It was an entry-level position, so that's understandable.
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Fifth Third (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.
I applied online for one position, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested, never got a reply on that position, then when they contact me it was for a different position I also applied for. she did a phone interview and said she was going to call with a branch manager to see if he would like me to work at his position. (they kept sending me to 3 different positions) so later on that day she called me back and said the branch manager would like to have an 1-on-1 interview with me.
- where do you see yourself in 5 years?
why do you want this job?
are you used to having sales goals met?
as your manger, how do you want me to help you improve? Answer Question
- where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.
I emailed my resume to a friend who was an employee there and set up an interview time with an HR manager. I spoke with the HR manager for about an hour, even though we scheduled just 30 minutes because I had many questions. She was extremely helpful and non-biased. We had a casual conversation about my qualifications and different opportunities available at Fifth Third including career paths.
- There were no difficult questions, we just shared information. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I decided that getting licensed before starting there may be more beneficial than being trained internally for series 7 licensing.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Fifth Third (Dayton, OH).
Interview process was simple and quick, I had one phone interview and then met with the Market Manager in the Dayton HQ. The phone interview was approximately 15 minutes and covered my background and why I was interested in the position and the 1:1 interview with the Market Manager was more of a conversation than an Interview. It almost seemed as if I was already offered a job based on the phone interview and this was just so I could meet one of the senior executives.
- Where do you want to be in 5 years? Answer Question
Was offered 34k base salary, countered with 37500. No negotiation, I countered and they accepted
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Fifth Third Employees Are Saying
Pros: “Care about their employees Benefits Career opportunites” “Care about their employees Benefits Career opportunites” – Full Review