Fifth Third

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had to go through 5 interviews, at the end the job I wanted was given to a Mexican person. Got contact for another opening had to wait a month for the opening to post. I was told I was going to another branch but got hired in different one. Kind of messy and confuse.

Interview Question – How you communicate your disagreements with your manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay was increase by 2 dollars

Very Easy Interview

SERVICE to SOLUTIONS Interview

SERVICE to SOLUTIONS
East Grand Ra, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied, received phone call, took test, interviewed on the phone, in person interview, sent background information in the mail, hired within two weeks

Interview Question – Personality Interview. Your weakness and how do you work to improve it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Claims Dispute Analyst I Interview

Claims Dispute Analyst I
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third in August 2013.

Interview Details – The process is very cut and dry. The same questions are asked in every interview. I have had 4 interviews and both of them had the same questions. Typically asking your strengths, weaknesses, what you would do in difficult situations, unpopular decisions you have made etc. I was interviewed by two managers, one male the other female.

Interview Question – The hardest question i was asked is what my biggest weakness is. I would suggest to create a weakness that can be viewed as bonus to the employer, such as getting caught up in your work or working too hard.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fifth Third in July 2013.

Interview Details – Things started off on the wrong foot when the lady calling to conduct my phone interview was an hour late with no explanation. Over half of the interview was her apologizing for her computer being slow. I could tell she was very unprepared. Once I got to the branch itself I immediately looked around and noticed that all of the tellers and other employees were middle-aged to older African American females. I am a mid-20's white man so I knew right off the bat I was at a disadvantage. The manager came out to greet me, seemed very emotionless, but her assistant was a very nice, friendly lady. I could tell right off the bat I wouldn't get the job because they kept asking questions about all of my other jobs that I didn't like, managers that I didn't like, co-workers that I didn't get along with, etc. I've always heard that you never bash a previous employer, so I tried my best to put a positive spin on every negative question, but the manager kept asking me to use specific examples of things about my past jobs I didn't like. Then she asked where I lived and seemed to not like the fact that I lived about a 20 minute drive from the branch. I live in a large city and this is not uncommon at all, but she kept asking me questions about my car...when is the last time it broke down, when is the last time it wouldn't start, when is the last time I was late to work because of my car (which I never have). The entire time I felt as if she was trying to find anything she could to use against me. After the interview, I thanked both of the managers for their time, I even sent a follow-up email thanking them for the opportunity. The manager assured me, even said that they're one of those companies that ALWAYS follows up with interviews and lets the candidate know one way or the other whether or not they got the job. I waited and waited and never heard anything back from either one of them. The entire process seemed pretty unprofessional. I don't believe this is a company problem though, I believe that this was a branch problem.

Interview Question – "Why don't you have a newer, more reliable car?" after answering the question, "What kind of car do you drive?" My ten year old very reliable car didn't seem good enough, as I had a 20 minute commute (which isn't too bad for the large city I live in).   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Financial Center Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2009.

Interview Details – One of the recruiters will reach out via phone or email to do a phone screen. They will set up an interview with the hiring manager. The downside is that you can interview with quite a few managers if they don't feel like you're the right fit for their office.

Interview Question – all questions are pretty generic and S.T.A.R based   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little wiggle room if you do not have over several years of experience and FINRA licenses

Retail Personal Banker

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – I first was contacted by a recruiter. I had initially applied through the website. I had a brief phone interview and then they asked for a 1:1 interview. The process was very smooth and they were open to any questions I had. They thoroughly explained the position i was applying for and also the general operations of the company. I had a second interview with a manager and a couple days after was given an offer.

Interview Question – It was a very conversational type of interview. When i was asked questions they typically were situation. "Tell me a time when...." etc.One question was. "Tell me a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee or customer?"   Answer Question

Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in July 2011.

Interview Details – We talked football for 2 hours......

Interview Question – Why do u want to work here? I need a job and a paycheck duh!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None......

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Fifth Third

Interview Details – It was a very quick and painless interview. I had one with them in early April where they just asked me a few questions that you get asked at basically all internships - your biggest strengths, weaknesses, etc. Three words that professors would describe me as, which one I thought was the most important..etc.

Interview Question – Where I saw myself in 10 years from now. (unexpected because I was just interviewing for an internship)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better internship offer that was going to pay more.

Very Easy Interview

Lead Customer Service Representative Interview

Lead Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Fifth Third in April 2012.

Interview Details – They ask you question about sales and how long you been in customer services. Be careful make sure you tell the company you know how to sale, and lie about how long you have been in sales. you have to be able to deal with all types of customers.

Interview Question – none of the question where really difficult, it's basic common sense.   Answer Question

Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview wanting to see how you match with the core values of the company. Two interviews, first with branch manager then with regional manager. Expect a very long wait to hear on a decision -mine took 6 weeks.

Interview Question – "Give me a specific situation where you encountered 'XYZ' and tell me what you did"...is pretty much the type of questions you'll be asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked how much I wanted and they accepted. Maybe I should have asked for more so that I could negotiate, but I was unemployed for a long period of time and just low balled myself.