Fifth Third

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.6

DB2 Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2013.

Very well organised. Clear concise questions from six interviewers covered everything from technical knowledge to moral dilemmas!

Interview Questions
    • "Have you ever been asked to do something you did not want to do"   View Answer
    Very easy. The offer was very good and the only thing I had to negotiate was an extra week of vacation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Took a long time to get a call-back. I applied in September and was called for a phone screen in December. Interviewed with the specific branch a week later and was hired with a start date in January.

No negotiation.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

I first was contacted by a recruiter. I had initially applied through the website. I had a brief phone interview and then they asked for a 1:1 interview. The process was very smooth and they were open to any questions I had. They thoroughly explained the position i was applying for and also the general operations of the company. I had a second interview with a manager and a couple days after was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very conversational type of interview. When i was asked questions they typically were situation. "Tell me a time when...." etc.One question was. "Tell me a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee or customer?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

It was a very quick and painless interview. I had one with them in early April where they just asked me a few questions that you get asked at basically all internships - your biggest strengths, weaknesses, etc. Three words that professors would describe me as, which one I thought was the most important..etc.

Interview Questions
    • Where I saw myself in 10 years from now. (unexpected because I was just interviewing for an internship)   Answer Question

Had a better internship offer that was going to pay more.

Claims Dispute Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third in August 2013.

The process is very cut and dry. The same questions are asked in every interview. I have had 4 interviews and both of them had the same questions. Typically asking your strengths, weaknesses, what you would do in difficult situations, unpopular decisions you have made etc. I was interviewed by two managers, one male the other female.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question i was asked is what my biggest weakness is. I would suggest to create a weakness that can be viewed as bonus to the employer, such as getting caught up in your work or working too hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third in July 2013.

Things started off on the wrong foot when the lady calling to conduct my phone interview was an hour late with no explanation. Over half of the interview was her apologizing for her computer being slow. I could tell she was very unprepared. Once I got to the branch itself I immediately looked around and noticed that all of the tellers and other employees were middle-aged to older African American females. I am a mid-20's white man so I knew right off the bat I was at a disadvantage. The manager came out to greet me, seemed very emotionless, but her assistant was a very nice, friendly lady. I could tell right off the bat I wouldn't get the job because they kept asking questions about all of my other jobs that I didn't like, managers that I didn't like, co-workers that I didn't get along with, etc. I've always heard that you never bash a previous employer, so I tried my best to put a positive spin on every negative question, but the manager kept asking me to use specific examples of things about my past jobs I didn't like. Then she asked where I lived and seemed to not like the fact that I lived about a 20 minute drive from the branch. I live in a large city and this is not uncommon at all, but she kept asking me questions about my car...when is the last time it broke down, when is the last time it wouldn't start, when is the last time I was late to work because of my car (which I never have). The entire time I felt as if she was trying to find anything she could to use against me. After the interview, I thanked both of the managers for their time, I even sent a follow-up email thanking them for the opportunity. The manager assured me, even said that they're one of those companies that ALWAYS follows up with interviews and lets the candidate know one way or the other whether or not they got the job. I waited and waited and never heard anything back from either one of them. The entire process seemed pretty unprofessional. I don't believe this is a company problem though, I believe that this was a branch problem.

Interview Questions
    • "Why don't you have a newer, more reliable car?" after answering the question, "What kind of car do you drive?" My ten year old very reliable car didn't seem good enough, as I had a 20 minute commute (which isn't too bad for the large city I live in).   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fifth Third.

STAR interview process

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult...very generic, tell me about a time when......   Answer Question
    External candidates can negotiate more than internal candidates.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

The interview process was long and they ask a great deal of questions not all pertaining to the job, but security, previous jobs and situation.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2013.

Was contacted by an HR representative, while I was working for another bank, without even submitting to a job. Had a nice 15 minute phone interview about my current/similar role in banking to gauge my approach to business and my motivations at work. Was offered an in-person interview at a local branch with the branch manager. Branch manager interview was by the books with about 8 questions from 5/3's handbook. Typical "what would you do with an irate customer?" type questions. Asked many questions about my sales numbers and meeting quotas at my previous jobs, as well as, questions about customer feedback etc.

After about 3 days following the in-person interview, they offered me a Financial Services Representative position at that branch. Salary was negotiable, but was 140% higher than my previous bank's salary, and the position was mostly the same. I was very happy to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an approach you undertook to meet hard sales quotas.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

Submitted app online and was contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later. Did a quick interview on the phone and then he had his senior recruiter call me back later the same day to finish the interview. Recruiter then set up an appt for an interview at the branch for me 2 days later. Interviewed with the branch manager, about an hour. Went very well. Told me they had 2 other interview and I would be contacted the middle of the next week. I was called that next Wed by the HR dept and offered the position for a much higher wage than the recruiter thought was possible. I accepted. :)

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to refer a customer to another line or company to better suit their needs?   Answer Question
    I had initially been told the position started between $10.25-$10.75 by the recruiter when I told him I was looking for $11-$12. He didn't think that was possible. But when I got the offer from HR I was offered $12, so I gladly accepted.