Fifth Third Interview Questions

2.7

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Lawn, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Lawn, IL

interviewed at Fifth Third in April 2013.

I applied online for one position and received a phone call from the recruiter for a different position. I arrived at the interview 15 mins early, but was greeted 15 mins after the time the interview was actually scheduled. There were supposed to be 3 people who were supposed to interview me, however, only 2 showed up. The interview was based off of basic behavioral questions. After the interview, one of the managers gave me a business card for the manager that did not show up. They were also unprofessional when they described certain experiences within the organization.

I had to reach out to the recruiter twice to find out the status of the interview. I finally received an email stating that I had not been selected for the position (3 weeks after it had been filled).

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Fifth Third.

There is an initial phone interview, where the recruiter will ask pregenerated questions asking about your work history, current employment position, and reason for interest in the company. Then there will be an interview with a branch manager, more than likely your future boss, who will ask pretty much the same questions as the recruiter. They will ask situational questions regarding situations dealing with unhappy customers, as well as other issues regarding HR and " coaching up".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to coach an upper level management team member.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2013.

The process started in March 2013. I was selected to interview after applying through an employee referral program with my family. It started with a typical phone screen, all the normal questions were asked. After the phone screen, I was asked to interview at the office in Southfield. I met with the HR Manager and I learned more about the internship program and was asked a few more questions regarding my availability and behavior based questions as well. After 2 weeks I was invited back to meet with a Finance Manager and his boss. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and it was more of a meeting than an interview. No real questions, just the procedures that I would work through if hired. About 1 month went by, after constant contact with the hiring manager because they kept offering me that the answer would be clear within a week. I would respond to her in a week, and receive back the same reply. I repeated this 4 times until it was finally relayed to me, that I would no longer be considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were the typical interview questions and some behaior based, along with scenarios.   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

I met the recruiter at a career fair and had an on campus interview. From there, I was called back within a week and asked to come to Cincinnati for a second interview. Shortly after, I was called and offered the job. Everyone I met were extremely friendly and giving as much advice as possible to do well.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time where you were forced into a situation that you felt uncomfortable handling.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

My interview experience started out very positive when I spoke with someone from HR who talked to me about the job/pay/benefits etc. and really sold me on the job. I spent almost two hours talking with HR about the position and was excited about joining Fifth Third after this phone interview. I was told the next step would be to meet with the person who was in charge of their loan officer training program. This would not be my full-time manage, but would be my manager during the 4-6 month training program required of new hires. I cannot stress enough how this was the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL INTERVIEW EVER. This gentleman started out friendly enough, but within the first five minutes things turned very quickly. He proceeded to tell me that having a child is a major disadvantage because it makes me "desperate for a job". He also apparently had never heard of anyone being unemployed before because he continuously questioned how anyone could possibly not be employed. I was told that someone who is currently unemployed is a risk because there is no guarantee they would stick with the company. The rest of the interview was filled with questions about my spouse's job, income and my overall financial stability. During this time, there was also ZERO discussion about the job that I was there to hear about. The entire interview felt like this manager was there to talk me out of taking the job or joining Fifth Third. The interview ended with this gentlemen saying "good luck", which clearly showed me that there was no future here. Later that same day I received a call from the original HR representative, who said she was shocked at the interview and had instructed this individual to conduct the interview so that she could prepare the official offer. I told her that the inappropriate behavior of my interviewer completely turned me off from this company.

Interview Questions
    • Is your spouse able to financially support your family, or do you need this job to make ends meet?   Answer Question

The behavior of my interviewer was so unprofessional, that I can only imagine what the atmosphere of this company really is like. Instead of feeling like I was being sold on joining this company, I felt like Fifth Third believed they were doing me a favor by offering me a job. An interview is a two-way street and a potential employee must be equally interested in joining a company.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

The process starts with a recruiter who will either like or dislike the person. Then they'll meet with the manager and district manager for a face to face interview. Sometimes you will need to go through a panel interview, this depends on the availability of district managers and financial center managers. If they have available time you will go to the panel interview first, then meet with the specific financial center manager and district manager for a more intimate interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are standard HR directed questions. like "Tell me about a group project you were a part of, what was your roll in the project? How did you handle a teammate that wasn't contributing as much as they should have"

The most unexpected question (if you would call it a questions) was the classic. "sell me this pen"
        View Answer
    I was an internal hire so they would not negotiate with me, however, the offer was so low that i almost declined the position. My manager promised me an out of cycle raise if my production warrants it after 6 months. Nothing was ever written down it was just a promise made. I accepted the offer on that condition, hit my numbers and and 6 months to the day of my hire an out of cycle raise was given to me. One of the many reasons I respect the ethical nature of 5/3

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in January 2013.

Phone recruiter interview
    next step was a 1:1 interview
    then a panel interview with 5 people.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in December 2012.

Very brief interview. The whole process took about 2 days. Mostly consisted of 5/3 touting how great they were compared to other banks in addition to getting further insight into the different divisions at the bank. The actual interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. It was obvious they had chosen who they wanted prior to my interview. I was not asked any questions as to my character or qualities.

Interview Questions
    • 4 quick questions. forgot what they were but very generic   Answer Question

Mortgage Fulfillment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in December 2012.

Interview with the staffing agency first, and then phone interview with HR, which set up a on site interview with trainer, manager , VP, and HR. We advise by VP that I would be hire on the spot. Set up another meeting with my direct manager a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The VP and Trainer ask the standard question. How do you handle difficult employees and customers. And give a example.   Answer Question
    I was given the salary I requested. My advice to anyone looking to work for Fifth Third is to accept the offer. This is one of the best company I've work for if I ever get the opportunity to work for them again I would take it immediately.

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Everyone has to apply online initially. Then screening phone interview with a recruiter. Then interview with a Regional Manager. Then potentially an interview with the Affiliate manager.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward. Fifth Third is very obsessed with widgets so be prepared to talk about specific things you have done to increase sales.   Answer Question
    Salary was competitive. There is definitely wiggle room in initial offers. Benefits are competitive.