Fifth Third Mortgage Originator Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Mortgage Originator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2012.

I have applied to this company several times with no response. It wasn't until I found an employee & after chatting with them for a while I asked him to refer me. I actually received some attention after that. After applying with an employee recommendation attached they called me within 24hrs. So if you do choose to apply here be sure to get an employee referral first. I applied for one position yet someone from another department contacted me. So I was a little unprepared for the questions ask as I thought I was interviewing from something else. It wasn't until almost the end of the interview that she told me what I was applying for. The interviewer was very direct when asking me questions yet very cryptic and vague when answering mine.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of volume do you hope to do with our company.   View Answer

2 reasons
1) Many times in the interview I would ask the interviewer a questions and she either gave me a very cryptic response or talked around the answer.
2) The interviewer said that they expect the majority of your business to be self produced. Which is fine however their pay incentive was very small. In my experience with this business, if you offer a smaller pay incentive it means that the company is putting more money into advertising and marketing to bring you leads and if you are expected the employee to bring in the majority of your business the pay incentive is much high as they save more on advertising. From what I gathered from her cryptic answers they "expect" (her words, not mine) you to bring in over 80% of your leads yet they are offering a much lower pay incentive. One that would be compared to a company that brings in more leads for you.