Fifth Third

2.6

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

College Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

Included an initial on campus interview, where I sat one on one with an employee from the audit department. During this time I was asked a few questions all ranging from my resume to situational experience. After the first interview I was invited to Cincinnati for two additional interviews where I was given a tour and had lunch with other employees in the audit department. Essentially they gave me there perspective of what a day in the life working for Fifth Third would be like.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they asked me to name a time when I had to deal with an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

Applied on 9/15/14. Received call from HR for phone interview on 10/01/14. Phone interview went well. Called me back the next day to schedule in person interview. Face to face interview went very well too; thinking that I will get the job. However, after a week, i got a rejection email.

Finance and Accounting Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

I networked with a grad from my school and went straight to the super day in Cincinnati at their headquarters. I had two one on one interviews which were just basic behavioral going over my resume. We had two panel sessions as well. The first is just with the current FALP employees and the second is with employees in different areas of the company. It seemed to go well.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just the basics. Why do you want to work for Fifth Third?   Answer Question

Operations Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

After an initial phone screen, the final interview process was a half day of 6 - 30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle if an employee was crying because they were late for the 10th time and you had a deadline to meet?   Answer Question

Homeowners Assistance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Was hired on after working through temp service, no interview, just asked if I wanted the position after 90 days at the temp place

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work there? What experience did I have?   Answer Question

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview process was simple and quick, I had one phone interview and then met with the Market Manager in the Dayton HQ. The phone interview was approximately 15 minutes and covered my background and why I was interested in the position and the 1:1 interview with the Market Manager was more of a conversation than an Interview. It almost seemed as if I was already offered a job based on the phone interview and this was just so I could meet one of the senior executives.

Interview Questions
    Was offered 34k base salary, countered with 37500. No negotiation, I countered and they accepted

Vault Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

I applied online, literally got a response the same day, Had a phone interview with recruiter and set up my in person interview within 3 days later. I arrived early and waited 15 min to sign in, and continued to wait the extra 15 min for the manager. When 2 arrived to get me, the one had made a very rude comment about the interview time, (not to me directly rude like I should have showed up on the dot, not 15 min early). So that already put my nerves on edge. Went into a closed off room, and began the process. It was a behavioral interview. They took turns asking questions, taking notes. They went into all this detail about certain job stuff as if they really liked me. Telling me casual wear, where to park, what they do on down time, they had me going crazy because I felt I was in. They then asked after telling me all this are you able to perform the duties. I said yes, I was smiling, anxious. Then they pulled a fast one on me and asked me how much did I want to make an hour. I just blurted out a number because I was over excited. But to be honest it was only 2 dollars more then starting pay, not to mention I had all of the qualifications and more for the job. Literally that was the end of the interview. They got up and I just said thank you for your time. They didn't show any respect truthfully from the very beginning. One point during the interview the one even wrote down something and showed the other, that one just shook there head no. How is that professional in any way. Not once even did we talk about my skills or abilities.

DB2 Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2013.

Very well organised. Clear concise questions from six interviewers covered everything from technical knowledge to moral dilemmas!

Interview Questions
    • "Have you ever been asked to do something you did not want to do"   View Answer
    Very easy. The offer was very good and the only thing I had to negotiate was an extra week of vacation.

Claims Dispute Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third in August 2013.

The process is very cut and dry. The same questions are asked in every interview. I have had 4 interviews and both of them had the same questions. Typically asking your strengths, weaknesses, what you would do in difficult situations, unpopular decisions you have made etc. I was interviewed by two managers, one male the other female.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question i was asked is what my biggest weakness is. I would suggest to create a weakness that can be viewed as bonus to the employer, such as getting caught up in your work or working too hard.   Answer Question

Mortgage Fulfillment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in December 2012.

Interview with the staffing agency first, and then phone interview with HR, which set up a on site interview with trainer, manager , VP, and HR. We advise by VP that I would be hire on the spot. Set up another meeting with my direct manager a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The VP and Trainer ask the standard question. How do you handle difficult employees and customers. And give a example.   Answer Question
    I was given the salary I requested. My advice to anyone looking to work for Fifth Third is to accept the offer. This is one of the best company I've work for if I ever get the opportunity to work for them again I would take it immediately.