Fifth Third

Updated Aug 23, 2014

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

Phone interview then interview with recruiter. Then had interview with financial center manager and regional manager.
Easy process followed up with communication about offer and benefits by recruiter. Initially interviewed for teller position but was told I would be good fit in personal banker role.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you had to sell a product or idea to someone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

I emailed my resume to a friend who was an employee there and set up an interview time with an HR manager. I spoke with the HR manager for about an hour, even though we scheduled just 30 minutes because I had many questions. She was extremely helpful and non-biased. We had a casual conversation about my qualifications and different opportunities available at Fifth Third including career paths.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, we just shared information.   Answer Question

I decided that getting licensed before starting there may be more beneficial than being trained internally for series 7 licensing.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interviewing was easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

Was initially contacted by a recruiter who was crucial to the process and guided me through all steps of the hiring process which included a screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with a branch manager then with the regional manager and then a final interview with a HR partner. all in all it took about 3 weeks. Was your typical situation based questions, Name a time when you had to do "this", what was the situation, the action, and the result. Also with regional manager went over resume nearly line by line explaining details of each prior job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    Was originally offered $40,000 base pay and I countered with $42,000 and they accepted quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2013.

Easy process for anyone with half a brain. I feel as though the job is not accurately described to potential employees regarding the day-to-day responsibilities of the role. HR staff is polite and generally helpful. After offer, drug test, background check, and standard onboarding procedures apply. Training is a fairly boring and painful portion of work that does not really leave one well-prepared to start on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared to talk about yourself and answer questions about sales skills   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in August 2012.

The 5/3 interview structure is a format-driven STAR interview. You will be asked questions like: "tell me about a time when you accomplished something that you originally didn't think you could?" You must answer by describing the Situation, the Task that was undertaken, the Action that you took & then the Result of all of that. The more quantifiable answers that you use, the better. E.g. I worked for XYZ bank as a personal banker. We were asked to achieve a sales goal of $X, which was twice last year's goal so I didn't think we'd be able to do it. I researched the tools made available to us by Marketing and discussed using the ABC plan to increase our customer cross-sell ratios at the team meeting with the other PBs and the Manager. We changed the plan a bit so that everyone was bought in. We implemented ABC plan with some extra effort during [whenever] because of [whatever]. We all worked some overtime to chip in, but to keep overtime to a minimum, we [did whatever] so that we could respect the team's work life balance. At the end of the year we exceeded goal by 10%. We were the only branch to even hit goal that year, as the typical branch was at 80% or lower to goal. We wouldn't have been able to do it if we hadn't come together as a team. Gaining the intial buy-in to the Plan as well as the excellent leadership and support provided by our Manager was what made all the differenence.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. All answers are expected to be STAR answers. If you leave out an element of the STAR story (such as the result), you will lose significant points and will likely blow the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2012.

It was lengthy but worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your boss asked you to do something unethical?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2012.

Recruiter was very pleasant. After in person interview with Financial Center Manager, very intimidating phone interview with the Regional Manager. Every answer had two or three additional questions following. Probably the toughest interview I've ever had.

No negotiating. I later found others in my position who successfully negotiated additional vacation time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2010.

I met with the district manager and market manager. They seemed to busy and unprepared. They had a cookie cutter list of questions that they were looking for specific answers for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you were ask to do something unexepected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2009.

The interview process was pleasant. Managers were younger than I was which questioned their ability to relate to the experience that I had to offer outside of the sales environment .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were takes with a project and you didn't meet the deadline. Why did not meet it and what you you change about the choices you made leading up to that point.   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate... It was a take it or leave it offer.