Fifth Third

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Personal Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

Interview Details – The process starts with a recruiter who will either like or dislike the person. Then they'll meet with the manager and district manager for a face to face interview. Sometimes you will need to go through a panel interview, this depends on the availability of district managers and financial center managers. If they have available time you will go to the panel interview first, then meet with the specific financial center manager and district manager for a more intimate interview.

Interview Question – Most questions are standard HR directed questions. like "Tell me about a group project you were a part of, what was your roll in the project? How did you handle a teammate that wasn't contributing as much as they should have"

The most unexpected question (if you would call it a questions) was the classic. "sell me this pen"
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was an internal hire so they would not negotiate with me, however, the offer was so low that i almost declined the position. My manager promised me an out of cycle raise if my production warrants it after 6 months. Nothing was ever written down it was just a promise made. I accepted the offer on that condition, hit my numbers and and 6 months to the day of my hire an out of cycle raise was given to me. One of the many reasons I respect the ethical nature of 5/3

Retail Personal Banker

I applied online and interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2012.

Interview Details – Long drawn 3 interview process. Simple behavioral questions, "tell me a time when...".

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Maybe their glazed faces when asking the questions was out of the ordinary, but nothing to freak about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they have a set amount they will give you based on years of experience banking.

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – Interview process was simple and quick, I had one phone interview and then met with the Market Manager in the Dayton HQ. The phone interview was approximately 15 minutes and covered my background and why I was interested in the position and the 1:1 interview with the Market Manager was more of a conversation than an Interview. It almost seemed as if I was already offered a job based on the phone interview and this was just so I could meet one of the senior executives.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered 34k base salary, countered with 37500. No negotiation, I countered and they accepted

Retail Personal Banker

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – I first was contacted by a recruiter. I had initially applied through the website. I had a brief phone interview and then they asked for a 1:1 interview. The process was very smooth and they were open to any questions I had. They thoroughly explained the position i was applying for and also the general operations of the company. I had a second interview with a manager and a couple days after was given an offer.

Interview Question – It was a very conversational type of interview. When i was asked questions they typically were situation. "Tell me a time when...." etc.One question was. "Tell me a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee or customer?"   Answer Question

Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in July 2011.

Interview Details – We talked football for 2 hours......

Interview Question – Why do u want to work here? I need a job and a paycheck duh!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None......

Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview wanting to see how you match with the core values of the company. Two interviews, first with branch manager then with regional manager. Expect a very long wait to hear on a decision -mine took 6 weeks.

Interview Question – "Give me a specific situation where you encountered 'XYZ' and tell me what you did"...is pretty much the type of questions you'll be asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked how much I wanted and they accepted. Maybe I should have asked for more so that I could negotiate, but I was unemployed for a long period of time and just low balled myself.

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details – There is an initial phone interview, where the recruiter will ask pregenerated questions asking about your work history, current employment position, and reason for interest in the company. Then there will be an interview with a branch manager, more than likely your future boss, who will ask pretty much the same questions as the recruiter. They will ask situational questions regarding situations dealing with unhappy customers, as well as other issues regarding HR and " coaching up".

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to coach an upper level management team member.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Retail Personal Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed internally and was prepared for what whas needed for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be the right candidate for this position among the other candidates?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you had to do something that you knew was wrong or inappropriate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made me an offer that I was pleased with and I did not have to negotiate.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!