Fifth Third Retail Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.5

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Other Interview Reviews for Fifth Third

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Interview process was simple and quick, I had one phone interview and then met with the Market Manager in the Dayton HQ. The phone interview was approximately 15 minutes and covered my background and why I was interested in the position and the 1:1 interview with the Market Manager was more of a conversation than an Interview. It almost seemed as if I was already offered a job based on the phone interview and this was just so I could meet one of the senior executives.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered 34k base salary, countered with 37500. No negotiation, I countered and they accepted

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

I first was contacted by a recruiter. I had initially applied through the website. I had a brief phone interview and then they asked for a 1:1 interview. The process was very smooth and they were open to any questions I had. They thoroughly explained the position i was applying for and also the general operations of the company. I had a second interview with a manager and a couple days after was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• It was a very conversational type of interview. When i was asked questions they typically were situation. "Tell me a time when...." etc.One question was. "Tell me a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee or customer?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There is an initial phone interview, where the recruiter will ask pregenerated questions asking about your work history, current employment position, and reason for interest in the company. Then there will be an interview with a branch manager, more than likely your future boss, who will ask pretty much the same questions as the recruiter. They will ask situational questions regarding situations dealing with unhappy customers, as well as other issues regarding HR and " coaching up".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach an upper level management team member.   1 Answer

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

Interview

The process starts with a recruiter who will either like or dislike the person. Then they'll meet with the manager and district manager for a face to face interview. Sometimes you will need to go through a panel interview, this depends on the availability of district managers and financial center managers. If they have available time you will go to the panel interview first, then meet with the specific financial center manager and district manager for a more intimate interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are standard HR directed questions. like "Tell me about a group project you were a part of, what was your roll in the project? How did you handle a teammate that wasn't contributing as much as they should have" The most unexpected question (if you would call it a questions) was the classic. "sell me this pen"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was an internal hire so they would not negotiate with me, however, the offer was so low that i almost declined the position. My manager promised me an out of cycle raise if my production warrants it after 6 months. Nothing was ever written down it was just a promise made. I accepted the offer on that condition, hit my numbers and and 6 months to the day of my hire an out of cycle raise was given to me. One of the many reasons I respect the ethical nature of 5/3

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Sarasota, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call, had a phone interview and then Met with several members of management and then was hired.Was a very simple and smooth process, not a lot to talk about or explain.

Interview Questions

• There was not one hard question. I have experience, the process was very smooth and simple. The process was a common approach without any snags. There was not one thing hard about the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it...

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Toledo, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

Behavioral interview wanting to see how you match with the core values of the company. Two interviews, first with branch manager then with regional manager. Expect a very long wait to hear on a decision -mine took 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• "Give me a specific situation where you encountered 'XYZ' and tell me what you did"...is pretty much the type of questions you'll be asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much I wanted and they accepted. Maybe I should have asked for more so that I could negotiate, but I was unemployed for a long period of time and just low balled myself.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Toledo, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Long drawn 3 interview process. Simple behavioral questions, "tell me a time when...".

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Maybe their glazed faces when asking the questions was out of the ordinary, but nothing to freak about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have a set amount they will give you based on years of experience banking.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Southfield, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

We talked football for 2 hours......

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work here? I need a job and a paycheck duh!   Answer Question

Negotiation

None......

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cleveland, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Apply online, submit documents, Phone interview, branch interview. Overall process was ok but they require you to open a checking account and saving account during the training classes. They also try to get you to open credit cards.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt in sales   1 Answer