Fifth Third

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Multiple interviews, situational analysis interview questions

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Fifth Third.

There is an initial phone interview, where the recruiter will ask pregenerated questions asking about your work history, current employment position, and reason for interest in the company. Then there will be an interview with a branch manager, more than likely your future boss, who will ask pretty much the same questions as the recruiter. They will ask situational questions regarding situations dealing with unhappy customers, as well as other issues regarding HR and " coaching up".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to coach an upper level management team member.   View Answer

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third in February 2011.

When contacted regarding the Position, Fifth Third was professional and thorough. I spoke with the head of the department, HR, the direct manager and the entire team the new hire would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult for them to solidify what the goals would be annually.   Answer Question

Not knowing annual goals was unsettling.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third in March 2010.

was referred by an internal employee-
    got a call back the second day
    recruiter scheduled a 1 hr phone interview, then she said she would call me back for a time to meet with the branch manager
    she called me back 2 days later
    I met with the branch manager
    3 days later the recruiter called me back to say I had passed my first interview and to let me know they would like to move me to the next step (which is another face to face interview with the regional manager- which I did not know anything about, I thought I was only meeting with the branch manager)
    met with the regional manager 2 days later- recruiter called me to let me know I had to meet with the Marget Manager-
    met with the market manager 2 days later and the recruiter called me 5 days after offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a situation where you had to coach an associate for not meeting sales expectations   View Answer
    • tell me about a time you were able to turn an unhappy customer into a happy customer   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate