FileMaker

Relevance Date Difficulty

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FileMaker in February 2014.

Interview Details – Though this company is a subsidiary of Apple, and uses their hiring database, everything was done via email when I got in touch with the recruiter. Overall the process was fine, went in for an onsite interview, talked to a few people on the team I was interviewing for, very friendly. The problem was waiting for a response, I followed up later with an email to HR only to receive a concise 2 sentence rejection. I felt like that was pretty rude as they had probably made the decision much earlier than that. Very unprofessional HR and recruiting, I feel like they need to get organized.

Interview Question – Mostly just general technical questions, like what is the output of this program or making a simple algorithm.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at FileMaker in March 2009.

Interview Details – Made an impression on the main recruiter. He called me the next day, asking if I was interested in interviewing. Interviewed later that week with a few people in the engineering department (none of which were my future manager). The interview was no biggie... they barely asked me any technical questions, and I really couldn't have answered any anyway. I was only a sophomore at the time and had never had a completely legitimate internship. Got hired a few days later.

Interview Question – I really don't think they even asked me any questions. We just kinda chatted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no idea you could negotiate. I was just happy to get an internship.

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FileMaker in March 2009.

Interview Details – An overall positive experience. I had an initial phone screen followed by one in-person interview with the immediate team members. I was not invited back for a second round probably due to the fact that I really wasn't the best fit for their group and projects. Had I been invited back, I would have respectfully declined. I think a more in-depth phone screen might have brought out that I wasn't a good fit for their opening -- but I did enjoy going in for the interview.

I was treated courteously, professionally, and respectfully by everyone I came into contact with. Interview results (whether I was moving to the next step or not) were communicated promptly by the internal recruiter via email. The interview itself consisted of a combination of behavioral questions and questions that arose naturally from the conversation, and I was given adequate opportunity to ask any questions as they occurred to me.

I am not a fan of behavioral interview questions because they are contrived, canned, and often the interviewer has a response in mind that they want to hear from you. However, this group conducted them well and I felt that they weren't so much looking for a precise response from me on those questions as much as they were gauging how well I'd fit into the group by my responses.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were given several high-priority tasks to complete and not enough time to complete them.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FileMaker in February 2011.

Interview Details – It took me 2 months to get rejected

Interview Question – What are mutables in C++, What you will choose C++/C#   Answer Question

Worked for FileMaker? Contribute to the Community!