FileMaker Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.4

QA Itern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FileMaker.

Interview

Got called from a career fair selection for a phone interview. Once I passed that, I interviewed onsite and was offered a job within the following day. The interviewers were very friendly and were part of the same time I was going to be working for.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions asked me to explain about my resume   Answer Question

SoftwareWith FileMakerGO Team Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FileMaker.

Interview

I made initial contact with Apple recruiters at a campus career fair. Then, I was contacted by Apple recruiter to set up an interview time. I was told I was interviewing with FileMaker, but I didn't know which team I was interviewing with until later. The phone interview consisted of two parts: non-technical and technical. The non-technical was conducted by the team manager, then he handed it off to one of the team's engineers for the technical portion.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the process of creating a Mail app for the iPhone.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FileMaker.

Interview

I had a couple of phone interviews and also a 1:1. I learned a lot about the company and mostly listened to what my interviewers had to say. I ended up not getting an offer.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FileMaker (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Four Rounds of Interview. Each round had technical questions based and QA session based on previous experience. Each recruiter gave their answer to the recruiter immediately. The reply for hiring was given immediately after the interview.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FileMaker (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Though this company is a subsidiary of Apple, and uses their hiring database, everything was done via email when I got in touch with the recruiter. Overall the process was fine, went in for an onsite interview, talked to a few people on the team I was interviewing for, very friendly. The problem was waiting for a response, I followed up later with an email to HR only to receive a concise 2 sentence rejection. I felt like that was pretty rude as they had probably made the decision much earlier than that. Very unprofessional HR and recruiting, I feel like they need to get organized.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just general technical questions, like what is the output of this program or making a simple algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at FileMaker (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Made an impression on the main recruiter. He called me the next day, asking if I was interested in interviewing. Interviewed later that week with a few people in the engineering department (none of which were my future manager). The interview was no biggie... they barely asked me any technical questions, and I really couldn't have answered any anyway. I was only a sophomore at the time and had never had a completely legitimate internship. Got hired a few days later.

Interview Questions

• I really don't think they even asked me any questions. We just kinda chatted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had no idea you could negotiate. I was just happy to get an internship.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FileMaker (Cupertino, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

An overall positive experience. I had an initial phone screen followed by one in-person interview with the immediate team members. I was not invited back for a second round probably due to the fact that I really wasn't the best fit for their group and projects. Had I been invited back, I would have respectfully declined. I think a more in-depth phone screen might have brought out that I wasn't a good fit for their opening -- but I did enjoy going in for the interview. I was treated courteously, professionally, and respectfully by everyone I came into contact with. Interview results (whether I was moving to the next step or not) were communicated promptly by the internal recruiter via email. The interview itself consisted of a combination of behavioral questions and questions that arose naturally from the conversation, and I was given adequate opportunity to ask any questions as they occurred to me. I am not a fan of behavioral interview questions because they are contrived, canned, and often the interviewer has a response in mind that they want to hear from you. However, this group conducted them well and I felt that they weren't so much looking for a precise response from me on those questions as much as they were gauging how well I'd fit into the group by my responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given several high-priority tasks to complete and not enough time to complete them.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FileMaker in February 2011.

Interview

It took me 2 months to get rejected