Filene's Basement

Interviews for Top Jobs at Filene's Basement

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Filene's Basement in May 2010.

I interviewed for an Assistant Buyer position at Filene's Basement. First there was a phone interview with HR followed by an in person interview with several buyers and then another interview with a couple more buyers. At first the process was organized and then things started to fall apart. HR would email me "we will be in touch next week" and then the next week they would email a reason about the stall but they kept saying I would hear from them again and I never did. I kept in contact but nothing too over the top and then complete silence. I obviously knew I didn't get the job and a little over THREE months later I received a letter in the mail that another candidate was chosen. By far my worst interview experience with any company! They have absolutely no consideration for people and they need to realize that these poor decisions with candidates reflects their reputation and WILL hurt it.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were too ridiculous or tough. Most of the buyers were pretty nice and informative. It was HR that was the problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Filene's Basement in October 2009.

I applied online through SnaAJob, hoping to get a permanent full-time position, which was what was advertised. I was called about two days later to set up an interview. The interview should have been with the assistant manager, however it was with the HR rep. She asked the usual retail questions, and offered me a part time seasonal position. (The only reason I accepted was that I badly needed a job). When I pointed out that the SnagAJob post represented full-time positions, she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above expectations for a customer.   Answer Question
    The pay rate is minimum and set in stone no matter how much experience you may have.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Filene's Basement in November 2009.

The interview took place in 2005. She was very kind. She explained the job title, and really, just ask to tell me about myself. I told her nothing job related qualities or any experience. I discussed my hobbies. I didnt have any experience then since I was young at the time getting into the business.