Financial Engines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Financial Engines.

Interview

i only got the phone interview. questions are very normal questions for 10 min. dont read after this You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?
      how much can you use excel and SQL
      tell me about your most recent working experience.

Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Financial Engines.

Interview

Code challenge followed by onsite.
    Hacker rank code challenge which has multiple choice questions based on OOPs and other code where you can use any language. Recruter are good and expedite the process. Onsite could be one or more depending upon the position. Normally a manager and technical person from the teams takes interview. Also takes about team responsibilities and your job.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank code interview and OOP questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed pay

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Financial Engines (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Just pass the first round phone interview with HR. Very basic questions about school, previous experience and some behavior questions. Schedule manager phone call right way. Still waiting for the second round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Financial Engines.

Interview

The interviewer asked personal questions about my job search and employment history that are confidential and became upset when I refused to give specific details. When I responded to the question, "Why do you want to work here," the recruiter's reply was sarcastic and unprofessional. I asked a question about the position and received a similar caustic reply. The interaction was most unpleasant and made me not want to work for FE.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult. The interviewer seemed angry the entire time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Financial Engines in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a email to give online Test. Test was based on OOAD and programming questions.Mostly Multiple Choice answer. Had visited the company boot at school's career fair. Career fair their representatives, took my resume and also asked me to apply online.
    Overall experience was good

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Financial Engines.

Interview

Recruiter called me about 4 weeks after I had applied and we discussed my resume, work history, career aspirations and reasons why I picked Financial Engines. Very basic phone interview that lasted about 20-30 minutes. I answered all questions using the S.T.A.R. format, and was asked to schedule an in-person interview right away. In-person interview was with 2 office managers and the trainer. I brought a portfolio with past project work, work experience, and certifications and seemed to impress and all their questions were based around that. Again, answered all my questions using the S.T.A.R. format. In-person interview lasted about 1 hour. According to the receptionist, there were at least 10 other potential interns for this position, but I received the offer a little over a week later.

In conclusion, prepare to answer questions about your resume, work/school experience, and/or portfolio with the STAR format. Know the company history before the phone interview. Get to the interview early; punctuality is held at a high standard. Do not be afraid to smile, everyone is extremely friendly and they understand you are nervous. Study up on basic interview questions and your resume!

Interview Questions

• (Basic Interview questions that reflect your work experience, dedication and past projects/leadership roles)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. No benefits unless you were hired on after the internship ended (rare). Pay was moderately high for an intern at $18/hr working Full Time during the summer.

Researcher Interview

Interview

submitted online, interview with HR after one week, and then the Hiring Manager right the week after. They act like they want to hire some, but I realize they just pretend they want to hire people.

Interview Questions

• only asked about my resume and rejected me right on the phone interview.   1 Answer

Reporting Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Financial Engines (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

The Sr. Recruiter in the Talent Acquisition department made the process extremely easy! She kept me informed from the receipt of my application, through my phone interview, my face-to-face interview, and the negotiation process. Her transparency made me feel at ease throughout the process.

Also, the two face-to-face interviewers were prepared, congenial, thorough and professional.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standardized and none were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Transparent and easy

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Financial Engines (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process took 2-3 weeks. There were two phone interviews and one onsite interview. First phone interview was with the HR recruiter and the second phone interview was with the Vice President of the Research Team. Both asked reasonable questions regarding my previous work. Then there was a full day of onsite interviews with relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Broad range of questions but mostly reasonable and relevant.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Financial Engines.

Interview

Very easy and the recruiter was nice and informative. I felt I was informed all along the way in the process and would be interested in working for Financial Engines.