FindLaw Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.7

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FindLaw (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Met with the senior manager of the Subscription Services team and we talked about the types of projects that this team handled. We also discussed benefits, and I was told about the hiring freeze that was about to be implemented over the next six months

Interview Questions

• How are you at handling criticism?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a 6-month hiring freeze right after my interview, but once it was lifted they made an offer. It was $1000 a year less than what I'd made at my previous job, so I negotiated. The best I could get was the same salary, and since I was unemployed at the time (laid off), I took it.

Digital Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in October 2014.

Interview

All interviews were conducted via conference call. First interview will be with a talent aquisition specialist (HR). This is a very low-key and conversational interview to review and confirm qualifications. The second interview tends to be a group interview with current Team Leads and is a more traditional and formal interview. There are 3 parts to this interview: technical skills, customer/client skills, and general work style/culture. There may also be a call-back interview to dig deeper into one or more of these areas. While formal, all interactions are cordial with a comfortable atmosphere on the conference calls.

Interview Questions

• A call back interview where a skills demonstration was required with no advance preparation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wage expectations are part of the initial application process and will be confirmed during your initial interview. Be sure to set realistic expectations that you will be happy with as your offer will be based on this information.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FindLaw.

Interview

2 in person that are very typical interviews. Company is losing people like crazy so I'm sure it's easy to get hired right now. Competitive market so you need to be a true hunter to succeed

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at FindLaw (Eagan, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

unprofessionally done - too many people interviewing me - canned questions - too worried about asking the wrong thing to really get at the heart of the individual. Honestly - I was bored with the process. I had hoped that this technology based company would have more inspiring leadership - which was not the case when I interviewed with them. Overall company is impressive - but under the hood it seemed like amateurs were running the show.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult or tough workplace situation...   Answer Question

kind of got a bad vibe from the people I interviewed with, and the pay was not competitive at all. Decent perks - but the sum the total compensation package does not make up for a low-ball salary offer.

Digital Marketer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in June 2014.

Interview

Answering pre-selected questions on SEO via email. Phone interview with recruiter. If you pass this stage, you'll have an interview with the SEO team leads. The team leads have succeeded because they've learned the "process of SEO in the working environment" at FindLaw.com, not because they're successful SEO professionals.

Interview Questions

• None. If you need the job, answer the questions as if you are process driven over progress driven. After searching "findlaw.com reviews" you'll see their "questionable" SEO strategies. They're behind the cue ball in the online marketing space and after speaking to their "SEO Team Leads" will be there until they can be more agile and progressive in their online marketing strategy.   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw (Eagan, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about the opportunity and set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter just went through a checklist with me over the phone. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Digital Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in July 2013.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews between recruiters and department managers

Interview Questions

• How do you go about creating a digital marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were firm. They did not budge at all.

Writer/Editor Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at FindLaw.

Interview

Lots of standard, inane questions from Human Resources. Give example of . . .
    Friendly enough--depends on who interviews you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FindLaw (Eagan, MN).

Interview

I applied through the Thomson Reuters corporate website directly. It took a few months until I got a phone call to set up a phone interview. Then a couple days later, I got called back to have an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Phone interview was basic interview questions. In person interviews were actually less formal and it was more of a conversation. However, I think my case is different than most.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted time to think about the offer so I was first emailed all the necessary documents i would have to look at and then I decided with what they offered.

SEO Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Had phone interview for 1 hour with recruiter. General SEO knowledge.

1 hour follow-up phone interview with manager. Very intense. Must know industry in and out.

2.5 hour in-person interview. Met with multipple team members. Varying questions.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say I had difficult questions, but you should have years of experience and the knowledge to prove it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No much. They came in the lower part of my range but I was dying to get out of the job I was in.