FindLaw

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.9

Digital Marketing Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in October 2014.

All interviews were conducted via conference call. First interview will be with a talent aquisition specialist (HR). This is a very low-key and conversational interview to review and confirm qualifications. The second interview tends to be a group interview with current Team Leads and is a more traditional and formal interview. There are 3 parts to this interview: technical skills, customer/client skills, and general work style/culture. There may also be a call-back interview to dig deeper into one or more of these areas. While formal, all interactions are cordial with a comfortable atmosphere on the conference calls.

Interview Questions
    • A call back interview where a skills demonstration was required with no advance preparation.   Answer Question
    Wage expectations are part of the initial application process and will be confirmed during your initial interview. Be sure to set realistic expectations that you will be happy with as your offer will be based on this information.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FindLaw.

2 in person that are very typical interviews. Company is losing people like crazy so I'm sure it's easy to get hired right now. Competitive market so you need to be a true hunter to succeed

Digital Marketer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in June 2014.

Answering pre-selected questions on SEO via email. Phone interview with recruiter. If you pass this stage, you'll have an interview with the SEO team leads. The team leads have succeeded because they've learned the "process of SEO in the working environment" at FindLaw.com, not because they're successful SEO professionals.

Interview Questions
    • None. If you need the job, answer the questions as if you are process driven over progress driven. After searching "findlaw.com reviews" you'll see their "questionable" SEO strategies. They're behind the cue ball in the online marketing space and after speaking to their "SEO Team Leads" will be there until they can be more agile and progressive in their online marketing strategy.   View Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in August 2013.

Recruiter contacted me about the opportunity and set up the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter just went through a checklist with me over the phone. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Digital Marketing Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in July 2013.

5 rounds of interviews between recruiters and department managers

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about creating a digital marketing strategy.   Answer Question
    They were firm. They did not budge at all.

Writer/Editor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at FindLaw.

Lots of standard, inane questions from Human Resources. Give example of . . .
    Friendly enough--depends on who interviews you

Not much negotiation

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online – interviewed at FindLaw.

I applied through the Thomson Reuters corporate website directly. It took a few months until I got a phone call to set up a phone interview. Then a couple days later, I got called back to have an in office interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Phone interview was basic interview questions. In person interviews were actually less formal and it was more of a conversation. However, I think my case is different than most.   Answer Question
    I wanted time to think about the offer so I was first emailed all the necessary documents i would have to look at and then I decided with what they offered.

SEO Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in August 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Had phone interview for 1 hour with recruiter. General SEO knowledge.

1 hour follow-up phone interview with manager. Very intense. Must know industry in and out.

2.5 hour in-person interview. Met with multipple team members. Varying questions.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say I had difficult questions, but you should have years of experience and the knowledge to prove it.   Answer Question
    No much. They came in the lower part of my range but I was dying to get out of the job I was in.

Senior SEO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FindLaw in June 2009.

Found position on online job site. Was called for in person interview. Interviewed by two individuals at the same time. Both took turns firing off behavioral questions, then each spent a minute or two writing down my response and the other would ask the next question after they had written down everything. It was a very difficult interview because it did not allow me an opportunity to describe how I could help them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Business Development Executive/Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FindLaw in April 2010.

4 stage process, starting with telephone interview, then face to face with manager then meet another manager then finally a director.

One thing I did not like is that they lied about the OTE

Interview Questions
    despite my best efforts they would not give me more that 27,000 basic, but they gave me a commission guarentee