FindLaw

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Marketing Strategist Interview

Digital Marketing Strategist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in July 2013.

Interview Details – 5 rounds of interviews between recruiters and department managers

Interview Question – How do you go about creating a digital marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were firm. They did not budge at all.

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in August 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me about the opportunity and set up the interview.

Interview Question – Recruiter just went through a checklist with me over the phone. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Writer/Editor Interview

Writer/Editor

The process took a day - interviewed at FindLaw.

Interview Details – Lots of standard, inane questions from Human Resources. Give example of . . .
Friendly enough--depends on who interviews you

Interview Question – Mistakes made and how you fixed them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Eagan, MN

I applied online and interviewed at FindLaw.

Interview Details – I applied through the Thomson Reuters corporate website directly. It took a few months until I got a phone call to set up a phone interview. Then a couple days later, I got called back to have an in office interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Phone interview was basic interview questions. In person interviews were actually less formal and it was more of a conversation. However, I think my case is different than most.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted time to think about the offer so I was first emailed all the necessary documents i would have to look at and then I decided with what they offered.

Very Difficult Interview

SEO Strategist Interview

SEO Strategist
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in August 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Had phone interview for 1 hour with recruiter. General SEO knowledge.

1 hour follow-up phone interview with manager. Very intense. Must know industry in and out.

2.5 hour in-person interview. Met with multipple team members. Varying questions.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say I had difficult questions, but you should have years of experience and the knowledge to prove it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No much. They came in the lower part of my range but I was dying to get out of the job I was in.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior SEO Consultant Interview

Senior SEO Consultant
Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FindLaw in June 2009.

Interview Details – Found position on online job site. Was called for in person interview. Interviewed by two individuals at the same time. Both took turns firing off behavioral questions, then each spent a minute or two writing down my response and the other would ask the next question after they had written down everything. It was a very difficult interview because it did not allow me an opportunity to describe how I could help them.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   View Answer
  • Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Business Development Executive/Salesperson Interview

Business Development Executive/Salesperson
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in April 2010.

Interview Details – 4 stage process, starting with telephone interview, then face to face with manager then meet another manager then finally a director.

One thing I did not like is that they lied about the OTE

Interview Question – what would you say is wrong about you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – despite my best efforts they would not give me more that 27,000 basic, but they gave me a commission guarentee

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in October 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview with the recruiter brought me to an half day on-site interview with the group. On site, I first met with the directory with generic OO concept followed by 2 smaller group of 2 of panel interview. Questions asked were quite reasonable and common. I left with low expectation but they finally contacted me weeks after the interview process.

Interview Question – Write the main function of a java program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It seems little room for salary negotiation. No stock option, no pension across the board.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in December 2009.

Interview Details – They're looking for winners. People who are disciplined to work on their own and drive new business in. I showed to be very competitive on the personality profile and he said that I scored very well.

Started with a phone interview - nothing tricky here, they're just weeding out obvious bad fits. If it goes well they move you on to a face to face. During the face to face, be prepared with stories of good wins and loses from past experience. The presentation was easy and although I was told and expecting to handle objections after my close - the manager just told me great job. It was casual, non intimidating and conversational.

Interview Question – Nothing took me by suprise here, very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate - it's set.

Worked for FindLaw? Contribute to the Community!