FindLaw Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Sales Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FindLaw.

2 in person that are very typical interviews. Company is losing people like crazy so I'm sure it's easy to get hired right now. Competitive market so you need to be a true hunter to succeed

Digital Marketer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in June 2014.

Answering pre-selected questions on SEO via email. Phone interview with recruiter. If you pass this stage, you'll have an interview with the SEO team leads. The team leads have succeeded because they've learned the "process of SEO in the working environment" at FindLaw.com, not because they're successful SEO professionals.

Interview Questions
    • None. If you need the job, answer the questions as if you are process driven over progress driven. After searching "findlaw.com reviews" you'll see their "questionable" SEO strategies. They're behind the cue ball in the online marketing space and after speaking to their "SEO Team Leads" will be there until they can be more agile and progressive in their online marketing strategy.   View Answer

Digital Marketing Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in July 2013.

5 rounds of interviews between recruiters and department managers

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about creating a digital marketing strategy.   Answer Question
    They were firm. They did not budge at all.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in August 2013.

Recruiter contacted me about the opportunity and set up the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter just went through a checklist with me over the phone. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Writer/Editor Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at FindLaw.

Lots of standard, inane questions from Human Resources. Give example of . . .
    Friendly enough--depends on who interviews you

Not much negotiation

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online - interviewed at FindLaw.

I applied through the Thomson Reuters corporate website directly. It took a few months until I got a phone call to set up a phone interview. Then a couple days later, I got called back to have an in office interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Phone interview was basic interview questions. In person interviews were actually less formal and it was more of a conversation. However, I think my case is different than most.   Answer Question
    I wanted time to think about the offer so I was first emailed all the necessary documents i would have to look at and then I decided with what they offered.

SEO Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in August 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Had phone interview for 1 hour with recruiter. General SEO knowledge.

1 hour follow-up phone interview with manager. Very intense. Must know industry in and out.

2.5 hour in-person interview. Met with multipple team members. Varying questions.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say I had difficult questions, but you should have years of experience and the knowledge to prove it.   Answer Question
    No much. They came in the lower part of my range but I was dying to get out of the job I was in.

Senior SEO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at FindLaw in June 2009.

Found position on online job site. Was called for in person interview. Interviewed by two individuals at the same time. Both took turns firing off behavioral questions, then each spent a minute or two writing down my response and the other would ask the next question after they had written down everything. It was a very difficult interview because it did not allow me an opportunity to describe how I could help them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Business Development Executive/Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in April 2010.

4 stage process, starting with telephone interview, then face to face with manager then meet another manager then finally a director.

One thing I did not like is that they lied about the OTE

Interview Questions
    despite my best efforts they would not give me more that 27,000 basic, but they gave me a commission guarentee

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FindLaw in October 2009.

One phone interview with the recruiter brought me to an half day on-site interview with the group. On site, I first met with the directory with generic OO concept followed by 2 smaller group of 2 of panel interview. Questions asked were quite reasonable and common. I left with low expectation but they finally contacted me weeks after the interview process.

Interview Questions
    It seems little room for salary negotiation. No stock option, no pension across the board.

Worked for FindLaw? Contribute to the Community!