FindTheBest.com

Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at FindTheBest.com.

I applied online, it took just over a month until I heard back, and they asked to set up an interview. I went in for an interview three days after the initial email and I met with 3 different people, managers of the department. I was asked a variety of questions from the basics about history and experience, to more complicated, theoretical questions that tech companies like Google are prone to ask. I was tripped up a little when asked about what product I would want to develop for their website, and what category of research it would involve. They also asked how I would improve their website. I didn't have exact ideas for how to do so at the time because I didn't even know what the the job duties entailed as the listing did not state them.
Halfway through the interview they started having a company-wide meeting and the people interviewing me lost interest and seemed to be paying attention to what was happening outside of the room.
I left and then received an email 5 days later saying they had filled the position.

Other Interview Reviews for FindTheBest.com

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FindTheBest.com.

Applied through the website. Contacted within 2 weeks. First interview, 30 mins, personality questions. People I spoke to sounded like they had recently graduated undergrads from UCSB. Very nice to speak with but you can sense the immaturity in their repetitive questions. I went throught 3 more interviews with 4 different people on the phone, all 4 basically asked the same kind of questions, became monotonous after the 2 person I spoke to. All of them liked me. I was practically offered the job but before it was official they wanted me to visit their office in Santa Barbara. However, before they fly me out they told me about the salary and left the deicision to me if I wanted the position.
    Being that this company is a startup and having worked in 2 startups before I asked them a few questions about their compensation package and they seemed uncomfortables and sneeky about answering them and eventually they said that due to the nature of my question they felt that I wasn't the right fit .. a.k.a ....Basically the company has something to hide.

Company has shady practices and basically they want you to work for them as drone with no questions asked. Don't drink the Koo-Aid!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FindTheBest.com.

Applied online after meeting an employee in person. Had a phone interview in which I was interviewed by multiple people. Things I was asked:

- Basic resume questions (explain this, what did you mean by that)
    - What part of x past job did I like the least
    - Why FTB
    - Why product management
    - What are three good things about the FTB site, and what three things could be improved
    - Name a product you consider good and explain why
    - What would I bring to the FTB role

They also left about 15 minutes for me to ask questions so make sure you have some good ones prepared.

If it is a phone interview, be prepared to have major difficulties hearing and understanding. Since there are multiple people, they use speakerphone which makes it really hard to hear and understand, with a lot of static and general fuzziness.

Interview Questions
    • What product category is missing from the site & how you would build it out. They were really vague about what they meant by "build it out."   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FindTheBest.com in March 2013.

I passed the first two rounds of interviews but failed the final one, which was a panel interview with four people one by one. 40 minutes for each. I think the interviewers probably got a long list of questions from HR because many questions from different people were the same, which made me feel it's not very professional. Some questions were just randomly asked. For example, what's your favorite product (anything)? But then they asked which part of it you disliked. Oh come on!! I would not say it's my favorite one if I dislike it.

In general the company looks great... Great location, views, nice people. But after the interviews, I feel many of them probably don't even know what they really want either. The interview questions are very ambiguous sometimes. The team is also too young. Well, this might be a good thing for the founders to keep an energetic and creative work place, but I think they are a little lost now... The company really needs some team leaders with more experience, or it will stay as a startup forever...

Interview Questions
    • It's my first time to be asked "logical" questions during an interview, and I thought they just wanted to know my logic to figure out problems, but actually they just need you to give them a NUMBER! It makes me feel a little ridiculous...

1, In a specific city of the U.S., tell me how much it would totally cost if letting you hire a person to clean all the windows of the houses in the whole city.

2, Tell me how many hours all the college students in the U.S. spend on their studies in a single semester.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FindTheBest.com in February 2013.

I applied online and a week later I received an email to participate on a phone interview. The HR recruiter and the someone from the international department called me and started by explaining their positions in the company and what the position was about, asked me if I had any questions and then started by asking about my professional experience, how I found the company and why I applied for this position, what classes I liked the most and the the hardest one in college, I felt I was doing really good on the interview until the last question (see below) came up after that they just asked if I had any questions about the company and asked if I was willing to relocate to Santa Barbara.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to develop a comparison for international college students what parameters would you consider using?   View Answer