FindTheBest.com Interview Questions

3.2

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Summerland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at FindTheBest.com in December 2013.

I first heard about the company at our university career fair where I met with a representative and gave her my resume. I then received a phone call from another employee about a position. The position I applied to was a little unclear because I just passed off my resume, but I answered some general interview questions and was offered an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a 1:1 with 3 different employees who asked pretty standard interview questions. It's definitely important to be pretty familiar with the platform before you go. But the company is pretty young and relaxed so don't be too stressed out for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a logic question where you walked through your thought process of solving the answer, your logic was more important than having the right answer. My question was to estimate how many Starbucks there are in the US but others I worked with said they had different questions   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at FindTheBest.com.

I applied online, it took just over a month until I heard back, and they asked to set up an interview. I went in for an interview three days after the initial email and I met with 3 different people, managers of the department. I was asked a variety of questions from the basics about history and experience, to more complicated, theoretical questions that tech companies like Google are prone to ask. I was tripped up a little when asked about what product I would want to develop for their website, and what category of research it would involve. They also asked how I would improve their website. I didn't have exact ideas for how to do so at the time because I didn't even know what the the job duties entailed as the listing did not state them.
    Halfway through the interview they started having a company-wide meeting and the people interviewing me lost interest and seemed to be paying attention to what was happening outside of the room.
    I left and then received an email 5 days later saying they had filled the position.

Product Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FindTheBest.com in May 2014.

The whole interview process seemed as though they were trying to gauge personality traits. I applied online and was reached fairly quickly through email about different times and dates to schedule the interview. The actual Questions weren't tough by any means. I had 3 rounds over the phone,each by employee's in the product management area. I received an email a few days after the third round from an intern saying they were going to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really too tough. They asked what are three things you think the company does well, and three things they need to improve.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at FindTheBest.com.

The first round phone interview mainly asked the previous experience related to this position. The previous ETL experience, data analysis experience and database experience will be helpful. Also several technical questions will be asked. These questions are related to the database and the algorithms to to process the text data.

Business Development Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, asked a huge range of questions. Really cool office, it was great to get a tour of the whole place even though I was just an intern.

Product Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FindTheBest.com.

I applied online, some got back to me within a week. First over the phone interview was basically a recruiter , getting a better understanding of my background. The next two interviews were with product directors , who seemed friendly and knowledgeable. Although they both asked basically the same set of questions, with very Little deviation.

Interview Questions
    • what is your favorite product, why is it your favorite?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at FindTheBest.com.

Interview was with 4 people, asked basic questions about resume. Interviewers were pretty dry, didn't seem very interested in anything that wasn't directly related to experience. Were really looking for detailed experience and examples.

Interview Questions
    • When have you established a relationship with someone for a designated purpose?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at FindTheBest.com.

I submitted my resume through college career center, and had one on-site interview, two phone interviews, and an onsite-interview with 5 rounds. HRs are professional, and really try to make interview process smooth and comfortable for everyone. It wont take more than 2 days to hear back FTB's decision and feedback. All questions are related to your past courses and past internships. People looks very very nice.

Product Manager Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at FindTheBest.com.

Three phone interviews, first was very brief and pleasant, about 15min, second was a longer one based on a logic question about 45min, third was another friendly behavioral one that was roughly 40 min. They like "smart athletes" and asked more than once if I was involved in any varsity sports.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FindTheBest.com.

4-5 interviews which were a mix between behavioral, some technical and your past experiences. I recommend knowing your resume well.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical: Why do you want to work here, What do we do.
      By far the most challenging question was to find 3 things that FTB does well and 3 things that they need to work on. But they are very receptive to your critiques, as long as they are intelligent.
        Answer Question

Not enough financial incentive to make it worth living in CA. After doing some quick numbers, I would be working to just bring home $500 after taxes, rent, food and transport costs.

Worked for FindTheBest.com? Contribute to the Community!