Finish Line

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Finish Line.

Applied online and got a call 3 days later. The phone call was a first step interview with questions like "What are your goals in Life?" and "What was your greatest success at a workplace?". I came in the next day for an interview, and she asked me the same basic stuff along with questions like "How would you lead your co-workers to work for you?" and "Where do you see yourself in 5, and 10 years?" She told me at that I had to have an interview with the other location store manager ( I don't remember what her title was) so she said they would call me with a time. 2 days later they called me and scheduled an interview for the next day. I went in and she asked the most questions about leadership, and experience, and your biggest strengths and weaknesses, also your 3 biggest priorities in life and with this company. 6 days later they called me and offered me the position, but i still had to have a short phone call with the district manager on protocol and things of that nature. I went to pick up a drug test form, and took the drug test. They also check your references! Make sure to have good ones. Things are easy if you always say customer comes first, and above and beyond. Ask tons of questions, they really like that.

Interview Questions
  • What are your 3 biggest priorities in life and this company?
    What is your number one goal to achieve with customers?
      Answer Question
You cannot negotiate unless you have experience. It's a take it or leave it situation.

Other Interview Reviews for Finish Line

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Finish Line.

Simple and very straight forward. Basic questions such as what are your goals in life and what value do you plan to bring to the company.

Interview Questions
    • "what are your three greatest strengths and three greatest weakness"   Answer Question
    You can negotiate salary if you have appropriate experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Finish Line.

Application
    Personality Test
    Call for Interveiw
    Interview with Store Manager where applied
    Interview with Market Leader or another Store Manager in District

Interview Questions
    • They are mostly Sales and Customer Service Questions.
      Tell me about a time when where you gave great Customer Service...
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Finish Line in February 2011.

I have been in Management for over 15 years and interviewed for this position as a last resort. I knew going into it I was WAY over qualified but had no idea until I actually got there. I was interviewed by the assistant manager who had no idea what he was doing. He asked me the same question through the 15 minute process and even complained about customer situations. He had no idea how they came up with goals other than "They come from the computer but I dont what its called, We mainly let the manager handle that" WOW!!! Im sure for a beginning job in retail this might be okay but I was SO turned off by his lack of knowledge and enthusiasm for his own job!! Why do you want to work here versus Champs"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Finish Line in March 2010.

It was ok- the manager asked some basic questions anyone would expect to hear

You basically cannot negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Finish Line in January 2009.

I found the job through a recruiter. Bad idea. It ends up that the recruiter never had a contract from Finish Line. The recruiter was just "hoping" that FL would hire me and give him money. Well, they wanted to save money so I did not get hired. I'll never know if I could have been hired if I had gone straight to the company's HR department. So, be careful using a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot think of any that were too hard to answer.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Finish Line in June 2008.

I applied online, the online application consisted of a really easy personality test. I was called in for an 1:1 interview. Asked basic situational questions (What woud u do if..., How would u handle this situatution, Name a time when..., what motivates you...what would your last manager say about you...). Interview lasted about 20 mins. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It was take it or leave it.