Finish Line

61 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Kansas City, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Finish Line in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview part was one of the easiest and straightforward interviews I have ever been in! When I had got a call from the manage wanting an interview; which was not even a week after submitting my application, the manager was very nice. After I walked into the store, the managar and I walked to Panera Bread (the store was located in a outlet mall) the interview was pretty awesome. He didn't ask any random-like question. I was totally honest with all my answers and before you know, we are walking back to the store to get my name tag.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – A few questions on the phone pretty much dont blow it. then face to face and they read off of the paper typical questions

Interview Question – 3 negatives   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Then Cashier Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Finish Line in June 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online. I then called the store to see if they had an opportunity to review my application, and they said they would call me back. They called me back hours later to set up an interview. I came in for an interview and then they said they would call to let me know. I was called that evening for a brief phone interview and was then offered the job as a sales associate, but I am now a cashier.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Applied online had 1 on 1 with another Store Manager then phone interview with DM. Background check plus drug screen.

Interview Question – Nothing! It was easy. Standard interview questions!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary based on stores volume and area.

Very Easy Interview

Tracy, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Finish Line in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very entry level hiring process. Interview very non descriptive of the work to follow.

Interview Question – If you had to pick between being a rhino or giraffe which you pick an why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Work schedule only. Salary was minimum.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – Basic interview question. They try to make it like a conversation. I use to interview people and if you have a competitive type attitude and enjoy the challenge of meeting goals and socializing with people then your hired. They look for someone who will be reliable and a team player.

Interview Question – When is the last time you took the initiative to complete a task or help someone with a task.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – schedule, if you play a sport they will work around it during the season.

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – - 3 Strengths, 3 Weaknesses
- Why should i hire you?
- What motivates you
- Why do you want to work for finish line?
- What do you like most/least about your current job?
- Greatest success you've had on a team?

Interview Question – What are you going to bring to my team?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interviewed at Finish Line

Interview Details – Called in for an interview right after applying online. Interview seemed very scripted; he literally went down the list of generic interview questions. They needed 3 references to 'clear' you until they offer you the position

Interview Question – How do you handle friends or relatives when asked to use your employee discount for them?   Answer Question

Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Finish Line in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was called about a day or two after applying. Had a few phone call conversations.... the "so tell me a bit about yourself"" line and were pretty basic.

I came in the next day for the real interview. It was extremely basic. He just went up and down my resume and had me talk about my experience.

Nothing too hard to worry about.

They pay on commission too. It's like $4 something an HR plus commision which is only 1% of shoe sales and higher for accessories. Seem's difficult to sell 4+ pairs of shoes an HR, especially on a slow day.

Interview Question – What would you do if you couldn't find someone's shoe size in a particular shoe? A: Get them another pair that is in their size.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay,

Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Finish Line in April 2012.

Interview Details – Straight to the point