Finish Line

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Finish Line in November 2010.

Interview Details – You have to be persistent or it can be a long process. A lot of applicants come through. Be prepared for strength and weakness questions as well as scenario questions.

Interview Question – Explaining and show you values and beliefs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line in June 2010.

Interview Details – this job requires that you are persistent with time and values. during the interview they will ask you a series of question pertaining to customer service issues that you have dealt with and what you did to resovle the problem without upsetting the guiest or yourself. also they want clean cut salesman with great communication skills. they are a solid company and would be great todevelope you people and customer service skills

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

Interview Details – A friend reached out to me regarding current openings. Applied online. Got a call back a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Sell me the shoe you are wearing.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Finish Line in October 2010.

Interview Details – Use of phone screening, 1st and second interviews before making the final hiring decision. Questions are designed to get to know the person, are not interested in retail experience but rather candidates that are quick learners and extroverted in behavioral nature.

Interview Question – You are a salesman at a office supply store, [hands candidate pen being used in interview], sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Longview, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – It took time however, I was diligent and continued to persevere for my opportunity with the company. This was a job I've wanted to work at from a young age so I made sure I got my opportunity when the chance was given.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult in my opinion.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – Simple and very straight forward. Basic questions such as what are your goals in life and what value do you plan to bring to the company.

Interview Question – "what are your three greatest strengths and three greatest weakness"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate salary if you have appropriate experience.

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead

I applied online and interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – One interview done in person. Pretty simple.

Interview Question – Pretty simple. Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate a little, but they will try to pay you as little as possible. My advice is to always ask for a little more.

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line in October 2013.

Interview Details – my store manger is so chill and relaxed, just asked questions about old job and what i did. Was very easy because I knew i was good at what i did. Kept it honest and left no open ended questions

Interview Question – really didnt have any difficult questions. Maybe how can your skills translate to this company, but even that wasn't to difficult just be honest and know your skills and weaknesses but dont mention them lol   Answer Question

Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line in February 2014.

Interview Details – You will be called for a phone screen before you get called in for an interview. The phone screen is to hear how you sound if you are energized and motivated and excited about the position. Once you are called in for the interview they will call you back the next day or next week depending how desperate they need to hire.

Interview Question – Do you think there is a difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is base rate. Everyone gets paid the same when they get hired, there is no negotiation.

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate
Garden City, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – I applied for the Stock Associate for Finish Line, Garden City, position on January 14, 2014. Online process filled out the application, experiences and took a personaility test I believe if I'm remembering correctly. Receieved a phone call from the manager on February 20, 2014 to schedule an interview for February 21.

Interview went very well. About 15 or 20 minutes long. Asked basic interview questions and gave me information about the job and what it calls for and if im sure I could get the job done and why. Then on Feb 24th a short phone interview with the Stock lead

On February 24th got a call from the manager informing me I will be receiving an email soon that will provide the questions needed to complete the hiring process. Soon I'll start training :) I can't wait!

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. They ask about your experience , what a past employer will say about you if they were to call them. It did hit me when I was asked who is one person that motivates me. Emotional topic   Answer Question
  • Three strengths one weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None