Finish Line

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Finish Line in July 2013.

I was called about a day or two after applying. Had a few phone call conversations.... the "so tell me a bit about yourself"" line and were pretty basic.

I came in the next day for the real interview. It was extremely basic. He just went up and down my resume and had me talk about my experience.

Nothing too hard to worry about.

They pay on commission too. It's like $4 something an HR plus commision which is only 1% of shoe sales and higher for accessories. Seem's difficult to sell 4+ pairs of shoes an HR, especially on a slow day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you couldn't find someone's shoe size in a particular shoe? A: Get them another pair that is in their size.   Answer Question

Low pay,

Sales Associate Interview

I submitted an online application, which was quite lengthy. I'm assuming I didn't pass the online personality test because I wasn't called for an interview.

Cashier Interview

I went in to apply and they told me to call after I applied, which I did and am currently waiting for a follow up.

MIT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Finish Line.

First part of the process was to pass a very general test that you must take on line when submitting your application. After passing the store manager will contact you for an interview. Very general and easy interview, most employees at the store including the store manager are very nice and helpful. Will have to complete a second interview with either another store manager or district manager which will follow some of the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join this company? giving thoughtful and honest answers for the reasons why   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Finish Line.

Application
    Personality Test
    Call for Interveiw
    Interview with Store Manager where applied
    Interview with Market Leader or another Store Manager in District

Interview Questions
    • They are mostly Sales and Customer Service Questions.
      Tell me about a time when where you gave great Customer Service...

View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Finish Line in November 2012.

After first applying, they will call for a phone screen. If you pass the phone screen part, you will be called in for a face to face interview. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was typical interview questions. They are big on providing customer service and being outgoing   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

A friend reached out to me regarding current openings. Applied online. Got a call back a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

short got back to me within 10 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

I had applied online and about a month later they had called me for a phone screening. They asked about my basic knowledge of shoes and stuff. Then about a hour later they called back setting up an appointment. I go in for my appointment. It didn't even last 10 minutes. Asked basic questions. Then they said the main manager would call me back in a couple of days. I haven't heard back from them yet. Wondering if I should call them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult about it at all. Only thing I wonder about is that they told me they were very interested in me but I haven't heard back from them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Finish Line in June 2012.

The interview part was one of the easiest and straightforward interviews I have ever been in! When I had got a call from the manage wanting an interview; which was not even a week after submitting my application, the manager was very nice. After I walked into the store, the managar and I walked to Panera Bread (the store was located in a outlet mall) the interview was pretty awesome. He didn't ask any random-like question. I was totally honest with all my answers and before you know, we are walking back to the store to get my name tag.