Finish Line

Very Difficult Interview

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Finish Line in February 2008.

Interview Details – The 1:1 was pretty routine. An unusual amount of technical questions however. C#, Database & "how would you do this, how would you handle this" sort of thing. The guy had a 4 inch thick book of technical questions he used. I met with him for 1.5 hours. I felt we hit it off.
The group interview was a classic stress interview. Now there were a total of 4 people - 3 with the 4-inch books and the IT director. The 3 guys with the books would pound you with technical questions while the Director (I could give his name but won't), asks you "how to re-design a manhole" type questions and challenges your responses to the other guys' pounding. 1 hour. I turned the tables a little when I asked the director why their stock was at 2.50/share. It was nice to see him squirm a little.
I thought I might want to work there from the first interview. No way. This is a very stressfull place to work, with very pressure-oriented leadership.

Interview Questions

Worked for Finish Line? Contribute to the Community!