Finish Line

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – Process was very unorganized. Was told to com in for a interview, but upon my arrival the manager was not there. A sales associate had to do the interview. Very suprising and disheartening because I really wanted this job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – the interview was not hard, but took a while to get a call back. interview process was very easy, they asked me what my favorite type of shoe was. I had one interview and didn't get a second one until 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – no hard questions were wasked   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – Very quick, one interview followed by a day for reference checks and then I was hired. Went in for an interview at the mall. The manager and myself walked the mall while I was interviewed. Process took about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line in June 2010.

Interview Details – this job requires that you are persistent with time and values. during the interview they will ask you a series of question pertaining to customer service issues that you have dealt with and what you did to resovle the problem without upsetting the guiest or yourself. also they want clean cut salesman with great communication skills. they are a solid company and would be great todevelope you people and customer service skills

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

Interview Details – A friend reached out to me regarding current openings. Applied online. Got a call back a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Sell me the shoe you are wearing.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Finish Line in October 2010.

Interview Details – Use of phone screening, 1st and second interviews before making the final hiring decision. Questions are designed to get to know the person, are not interested in retail experience but rather candidates that are quick learners and extroverted in behavioral nature.

Interview Question – You are a salesman at a office supply store, [hands candidate pen being used in interview], sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Longview, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – It took time however, I was diligent and continued to persevere for my opportunity with the company. This was a job I've wanted to work at from a young age so I made sure I got my opportunity when the chance was given.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult in my opinion.   Answer Question

Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line in February 2014.

Interview Details – You will be called for a phone screen before you get called in for an interview. The phone screen is to hear how you sound if you are energized and motivated and excited about the position. Once you are called in for the interview they will call you back the next day or next week depending how desperate they need to hire.

Interview Question – Do you think there is a difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is base rate. Everyone gets paid the same when they get hired, there is no negotiation.

Interviewed at Finish Line

Interview Details – Very easy, not a thing to worry about. Basically filled out the online application, and received a phone in literally two days. I was then scheduled an interview within the next week. Did it right in the middle of the mall, with the manager of the store, and the manager on duty.

Interview Question – Last difficult situation, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line in January 2014.

Interview Details – The initial process is done online and remains true for the majority of retail chain sneaker stores as they usually do not accept in person solicitations and will only redirect you online, with the exception of a few I wont name. It is important to pass the online personality test to receive a call back, it's easy stuff if you answer according to what type of employee the company is looking for. Take little to no consideration of your actual personality and get your foot in the door, Assuming you actually like sales. As far as the interview goes expect the standard questions, availability and a few sales related others. Also don't forget the silly yet most important " Can you sell me this pen?"

"Tell me about yourself"
Why Finish Line"
Past employer and friends opinion on yourself. ex. if I was to ask one of your family members about you what is the first thing they would say. etc.
"Favorite and least favorite parts of most recent job"
"Job debrief" followed by "Do you have any further questions"

Interview Question – There was a couple of questions I was not prepared for and were introduced as silly questions used to understand the potential employee on a more personal level. They were as follows:
"What is your favorite animal and why"
If I were to look in the trunk of your car right now what would I find"
ended by "Can you sell me this pen?"
  View Answer

Worked for Finish Line? Contribute to the Community!