Finish Line

Getting the Interview

31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

Interview Details – A friend reached out to me regarding current openings. Applied online. Got a call back a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Sell me the shoe you are wearing.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Finish Line in October 2010.

Interview Details – Use of phone screening, 1st and second interviews before making the final hiring decision. Questions are designed to get to know the person, are not interested in retail experience but rather candidates that are quick learners and extroverted in behavioral nature.

Interview Question – You are a salesman at a office supply store, [hands candidate pen being used in interview], sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Longview, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – It took time however, I was diligent and continued to persevere for my opportunity with the company. This was a job I've wanted to work at from a young age so I made sure I got my opportunity when the chance was given.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult in my opinion.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line in February 2014.

Interview Details – You will be called for a phone screen before you get called in for an interview. The phone screen is to hear how you sound if you are energized and motivated and excited about the position. Once you are called in for the interview they will call you back the next day or next week depending how desperate they need to hire.

Interview Question – Do you think there is a difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is base rate. Everyone gets paid the same when they get hired, there is no negotiation.

Interviewed at Finish Line

Interview Details – Very easy, not a thing to worry about. Basically filled out the online application, and received a phone in literally two days. I was then scheduled an interview within the next week. Did it right in the middle of the mall, with the manager of the store, and the manager on duty.

Interview Question – Last difficult situation, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line in January 2014.

Interview Details – The initial process is done online and remains true for the majority of retail chain sneaker stores as they usually do not accept in person solicitations and will only redirect you online, with the exception of a few I wont name. It is important to pass the online personality test to receive a call back, it's easy stuff if you answer according to what type of employee the company is looking for. Take little to no consideration of your actual personality and get your foot in the door, Assuming you actually like sales. As far as the interview goes expect the standard questions, availability and a few sales related others. Also don't forget the silly yet most important " Can you sell me this pen?"

"Tell me about yourself"
Why Finish Line"
Past employer and friends opinion on yourself. ex. if I was to ask one of your family members about you what is the first thing they would say. etc.
"Favorite and least favorite parts of most recent job"
"Job debrief" followed by "Do you have any further questions"

Interview Question – There was a couple of questions I was not prepared for and were introduced as silly questions used to understand the potential employee on a more personal level. They were as follows:
"What is your favorite animal and why"
If I were to look in the trunk of your car right now what would I find"
ended by "Can you sell me this pen?"
  View Answer

Kansas City, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Finish Line in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview part was one of the easiest and straightforward interviews I have ever been in! When I had got a call from the manage wanting an interview; which was not even a week after submitting my application, the manager was very nice. After I walked into the store, the managar and I walked to Panera Bread (the store was located in a outlet mall) the interview was pretty awesome. He didn't ask any random-like question. I was totally honest with all my answers and before you know, we are walking back to the store to get my name tag.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – A few questions on the phone pretty much dont blow it. then face to face and they read off of the paper typical questions

Interview Question – 3 negatives   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Tracy, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Finish Line in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very entry level hiring process. Interview very non descriptive of the work to follow.

Interview Question – If you had to pick between being a rhino or giraffe which you pick an why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Work schedule only. Salary was minimum.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – Basic interview question. They try to make it like a conversation. I use to interview people and if you have a competitive type attitude and enjoy the challenge of meeting goals and socializing with people then your hired. They look for someone who will be reliable and a team player.

Interview Question – When is the last time you took the initiative to complete a task or help someone with a task.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – schedule, if you play a sport they will work around it during the season.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Finish Line

Worked for Finish Line? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Finish Line Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Finish Line employees and interview candidates.