Finish Line

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leesburg, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Finish Line in April 2014.

Interview Details – oh you worked in retail before can you find a shoe ? yup dude i did pointless modules for hours and iwould be called in to do modules on days i should be on the foor because our sales would go down so i had to sale and complete mods at the same time wich was whack

Interview Question – can you tell a left shoe from a right shoe   View Answer

Negotiation Details – you will start cleaning all the shoes with a toothbrush for 7.25

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line in May 2014.

Interview Details – First it was a phone call interview where they asked you a few questions and if you give the correct answers than you'll be called in for a second interview. Since the store is located at the mall we just went to the food court for the interviewing process. It was really basic questions not really hard

Interview Question – I think not of the question were difficult even for me and it was my first job interview. As long as your relaxed and honest you should get the job   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – Process was very unorganized. Was told to com in for a interview, but upon my arrival the manager was not there. A sales associate had to do the interview. Very suprising and disheartening because I really wanted this job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – the interview was not hard, but took a while to get a call back. interview process was very easy, they asked me what my favorite type of shoe was. I had one interview and didn't get a second one until 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – no hard questions were wasked   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – Very quick, one interview followed by a day for reference checks and then I was hired. Went in for an interview at the mall. The manager and myself walked the mall while I was interviewed. Process took about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line in June 2010.

Interview Details – this job requires that you are persistent with time and values. during the interview they will ask you a series of question pertaining to customer service issues that you have dealt with and what you did to resovle the problem without upsetting the guiest or yourself. also they want clean cut salesman with great communication skills. they are a solid company and would be great todevelope you people and customer service skills

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

Interview Details – A friend reached out to me regarding current openings. Applied online. Got a call back a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Sell me the shoe you are wearing.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Finish Line in October 2010.

Interview Details – Use of phone screening, 1st and second interviews before making the final hiring decision. Questions are designed to get to know the person, are not interested in retail experience but rather candidates that are quick learners and extroverted in behavioral nature.

Interview Question – You are a salesman at a office supply store, [hands candidate pen being used in interview], sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Longview, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Finish Line.

Interview Details – It took time however, I was diligent and continued to persevere for my opportunity with the company. This was a job I've wanted to work at from a young age so I made sure I got my opportunity when the chance was given.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult in my opinion.   Answer Question

Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Finish Line in February 2014.

Interview Details – You will be called for a phone screen before you get called in for an interview. The phone screen is to hear how you sound if you are energized and motivated and excited about the position. Once you are called in for the interview they will call you back the next day or next week depending how desperate they need to hire.

Interview Question – Do you think there is a difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is base rate. Everyone gets paid the same when they get hired, there is no negotiation.

Worked for Finish Line? Contribute to the Community!