Finish Line

2.0

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Finish Line in February 2014.

You will be called for a phone screen before you get called in for an interview. The phone screen is to hear how you sound if you are energized and motivated and excited about the position. Once you are called in for the interview they will call you back the next day or next week depending how desperate they need to hire.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think there is a difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?   Answer Question
The pay is base rate. Everyone gets paid the same when they get hired, there is no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Finish Line

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Finish Line.

A few questions on the phone pretty much dont blow it. then face to face and they read off of the paper typical questions

Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Finish Line in January 2014.

The initial process is done online and remains true for the majority of retail chain sneaker stores as they usually do not accept in person solicitations and will only redirect you online, with the exception of a few I wont name. It is important to pass the online personality test to receive a call back, it's easy stuff if you answer according to what type of employee the company is looking for. Take little to no consideration of your actual personality and get your foot in the door, Assuming you actually like sales. As far as the interview goes expect the standard questions, availability and a few sales related others. Also don't forget the silly yet most important " Can you sell me this pen?"

"Tell me about yourself"
    Why Finish Line"
    Past employer and friends opinion on yourself. ex. if I was to ask one of your family members about you what is the first thing they would say. etc.
    "Favorite and least favorite parts of most recent job"
    "Job debrief" followed by "Do you have any further questions"

Interview Questions
    • There was a couple of questions I was not prepared for and were introduced as silly questions used to understand the potential employee on a more personal level. They were as follows:
      "What is your favorite animal and why"
      If I were to look in the trunk of your car right now what would I find"
      ended by "Can you sell me this pen?"

View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Finish Line.

Basic interview question. They try to make it like a conversation. I use to interview people and if you have a competitive type attitude and enjoy the challenge of meeting goals and socializing with people then your hired. They look for someone who will be reliable and a team player.

Interview Questions
    • When is the last time you took the initiative to complete a task or help someone with a task.   View Answer
    schedule, if you play a sport they will work around it during the season.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Finish Line in October 2013.

I was actually interviewed by 3 different people, reasoning being, the manager and sales lead interviewed me, but then a new manager was named and he interviewed me a week later. Overall, they asked what i believe to be normal interview questions that most employers ask. I got hired on the spot and started training, within the next week.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was of knowledge of shoes, but they did not make that priority because they still will train you on each product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Finish Line in July 2013.

I was called about a day or two after applying. Had a few phone call conversations.... the "so tell me a bit about yourself"" line and were pretty basic.

I came in the next day for the real interview. It was extremely basic. He just went up and down my resume and had me talk about my experience.

Nothing too hard to worry about.

They pay on commission too. It's like $4 something an HR plus commision which is only 1% of shoe sales and higher for accessories. Seem's difficult to sell 4+ pairs of shoes an HR, especially on a slow day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you couldn't find someone's shoe size in a particular shoe? A: Get them another pair that is in their size.   Answer Question

Low pay,

Sales Associate Interview

I submitted an online application, which was quite lengthy. I'm assuming I didn't pass the online personality test because I wasn't called for an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

A friend reached out to me regarding current openings. Applied online. Got a call back a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

short got back to me within 10 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Finish Line in September 2012.

I had applied online and about a month later they had called me for a phone screening. They asked about my basic knowledge of shoes and stuff. Then about a hour later they called back setting up an appointment. I go in for my appointment. It didn't even last 10 minutes. Asked basic questions. Then they said the main manager would call me back in a couple of days. I haven't heard back from them yet. Wondering if I should call them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult about it at all. Only thing I wonder about is that they told me they were very interested in me but I haven't heard back from them.   Answer Question