FireHost

Relevance Date Difficulty

Storage Engineer Interview

Storage Engineer
Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FireHost in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was the usual, straight-forward, three-step process. I had a brief phone interview with the Recruiter, followed by a technical phone interview with the Manager of Systems Engineering and the L3 Storage Engineer to feel out skills and experience, and then an in-person interview with the Managers of Systems and Network Engineering- mostly discussing corporate culture and hobbies to make sure that we would enjoy working together.

I have been working here for ~4 months now, and I am very happy that I accepted the offer. This is a great company made up of talented and brilliant people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a few days of PTO within the 90-day window for a pre-planned family reunion, as well as $5K/year more.

Solution Advisor Interview

Solution Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FireHost.

Interview Details – In person Interview scheduled by my recruiter. Was told by hiring manager that my resume did not qualify me. Hiring manager asked me to tell him why he should hire me. Very intense interview on what I could bring to the table for the company. Was told to educate myself the best I could on what the company does then be ready for a mock phone call the following Monday. Mock call went well, took the Caliper test. Was asked to come in for final f2f interview with new manager. From first interview to offer, 2 weeks.

Interview Question – If I had ten other candidates that all said the same things you have, why should I hire you over them?   Answer Question

Soluton Advisor Interview

Soluton Advisor

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FireHost in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for two jobs in different department (Growth and Service Delivery). Had two phone interviews, then followed up with two interviews in one day (one for each position). Recruiter was helpful in my decision on selecting the right path for me. Second interview for the chosen position took 2 weeks to schedule and started working 2 week after that. 5 weeks total from time of application submission.

Interview Question – First interview for Linux admin II was an advanced test using a VM and resolving issues mocked up for the test. There was no indication prior to coming in for the interview that I would be cold tested.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave salary requirement, received offer for a bit less but close enough and promise of fast (within 6-9 months) advancement.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and interviewed at FireHost.

Interview Details – Very slow process. Wasn't contacted until months after application was submitted.

Interview Question – None. All questions were basic.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

Interviewed at FireHost

Interview Details – Standard Interview process. Began over the telephone and then in person interviews with a couple of people including HR and the hiring manager. Location is in Richardson and can be a far drive for some. Interviewers were not difficult and did not ask any of the non-standard interview questions. Good interview.

Interview Question – No unusual questions   Answer Question

Service Delivery Representative - Triage Interview

Service Delivery Representative - Triage
Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at FireHost in May 2012.

Interview Details – Two years ago I had several friends hired on by FireHost. They were very positive about the company and it's potential. While I was out of the IT environment, they continued to contact me about opportunities that I was qualified for. Any time they saw that a position had come open that I might be a good fit for, they would put my name and resume on HR's desk to be considered.

In the past year, I was called for phone interviews three times. Six months ago I received a call-back and interviewed for my current position, but did not make the final cut. My skills were rusty and I was not current on the environment. Since then, the requirements for the Triage position changed and I received another call. The company took a chance on me because of the support I received from my friends who were still on staff.

During the interview, I was 'grilled' by both a technical and a process manager. They both realized that while I was not able to get all the technical questions answered correctly, I had the ability to re-educate acclimate myself. While I assisted with the processes and the customer service needs of the position, I am knocking the rust off my skills.

Now I have the opportunity to refocus my skills and decide where I want to go in the company. With the tools and the training that are at my fingertips, there is no limitation on where I can go within and for the company.

Thank you for the opportunity Drake. You have a devoted employee for life.

Interview Question – The technical manager asked several questions about the Cloud hosting environment that I had not been previously exposed to. Most to do with the interfaces and virtual layout. Having been in the datacenter at my previous job, I knew enough of the function that I could quickly grasp the expectations of the new environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very straight forward. What do you expect in salary, schedule and benefits.

They were more than generous with all three, while giving me motivation to better myself to receive promotion in position and pay going forward.

Worked for FireHost? Contribute to the Community!