FireHost

Updated Oct 5, 2014
Updated Oct 5, 2014

3.5

Support Engineer Interview

After initial email contact, went through a short phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a longer phone interview with hiring manager and relevant management. There were three people on the second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • N/A, standard technical questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Solution Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FireHost.

In person Interview scheduled by my recruiter. Was told by hiring manager that my resume did not qualify me. Hiring manager asked me to tell him why he should hire me. Very intense interview on what I could bring to the table for the company. Was told to educate myself the best I could on what the company does then be ready for a mock phone call the following Monday. Mock call went well, took the Caliper test. Was asked to come in for final f2f interview with new manager. From first interview to offer, 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If I had ten other candidates that all said the same things you have, why should I hire you over them?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FireHost.

Very slow process. Wasn't contacted until months after application was submitted.

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FireHost in March 2014.

This was the usual, straight-forward, three-step process. I had a brief phone interview with the Recruiter, followed by a technical phone interview with the Manager of Systems Engineering and the L3 Storage Engineer to feel out skills and experience, and then an in-person interview with the Managers of Systems and Network Engineering- mostly discussing corporate culture and hobbies to make sure that we would enjoy working together.

I have been working here for ~4 months now, and I am very happy that I accepted the offer. This is a great company made up of talented and brilliant people.

Interview Questions
    • What storage protocol do you to prefer to work with?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about troubleshooting a storage performance issue for a VM?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a few days of PTO within the 90-day window for a pre-planned family reunion, as well as $5K/year more.

Account Representative Interview

Standard Interview process. Began over the telephone and then in person interviews with a couple of people including HR and the hiring manager. Location is in Richardson and can be a far drive for some. Interviewers were not difficult and did not ask any of the non-standard interview questions. Good interview.

Soluton Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FireHost in July 2013.

Applied for two jobs in different department (Growth and Service Delivery). Had two phone interviews, then followed up with two interviews in one day (one for each position). Recruiter was helpful in my decision on selecting the right path for me. Second interview for the chosen position took 2 weeks to schedule and started working 2 week after that. 5 weeks total from time of application submission.

Interview Questions
    • First interview for Linux admin II was an advanced test using a VM and resolving issues mocked up for the test. There was no indication prior to coming in for the interview that I would be cold tested.   Answer Question
    Gave salary requirement, received offer for a bit less but close enough and promise of fast (within 6-9 months) advancement.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richards, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richards, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FireHost in March 2013.

Three interviews. I had to right a cover letter to convince them was he right fit, a thouht leader presentation for the CEO , one -face-to-face with his with who was the Director Of Marketi, The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I had to whiteboard what I thought the main aspects of my role would be and how I rated myself at each one activity. It was a 3-hour. 1-1 with my potential boss   View Answer
    Not negotiable. Low pay grade for experience but excellent benefits.

Service Delivery Representative - Triage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at FireHost in May 2012.

Two years ago I had several friends hired on by FireHost. They were very positive about the company and it's potential. While I was out of the IT environment, they continued to contact me about opportunities that I was qualified for. Any time they saw that a position had come open that I might be a good fit for, they would put my name and resume on HR's desk to be considered.

In the past year, I was called for phone interviews three times. Six months ago I received a call-back and interviewed for my current position, but did not make the final cut. My skills were rusty and I was not current on the environment. Since then, the requirements for the Triage position changed and I received another call. The company took a chance on me because of the support I received from my friends who were still on staff.

During the interview, I was 'grilled' by both a technical and a process manager. They both realized that while I was not able to get all the technical questions answered correctly, I had the ability to re-educate acclimate myself. While I assisted with the processes and the customer service needs of the position, I am knocking the rust off my skills.

Now I have the opportunity to refocus my skills and decide where I want to go in the company. With the tools and the training that are at my fingertips, there is no limitation on where I can go within and for the company.

Thank you for the opportunity Drake. You have a devoted employee for life.

Interview Questions
    • The technical manager asked several questions about the Cloud hosting environment that I had not been previously exposed to. Most to do with the interfaces and virtual layout. Having been in the datacenter at my previous job, I knew enough of the function that I could quickly grasp the expectations of the new environment.   Answer Question
    They were very straight forward. What do you expect in salary, schedule and benefits.

They were more than generous with all three, while giving me motivation to better myself to receive promotion in position and pay going forward.